Page 59 of 92 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369 ... LastLast

Thread: Don Felder in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Border Desperado

Default Re: Don Felder in the Press/Blogs/etc.

DonFelder and Joe Walsh chosen as Top 3rd best guitar solos for HC! Cool!

http://www.kshe95.com/news/real-rock...itar-solo-list

Border Desperado

Somebody was asking why Don didn't invite Joe in on Airborne. In his book he talked about He and Timothy and Joe trying to put a group together in the 80s, but Joe wouldn't show up at times and I think he began to get more heavily into addiction, so they couldn't depend on him. they got a couple of other guys and out of those sessions came Love Will Keep is Alive-- have to go look up the name of the author, who was recording with them. They put some music down and Irving was pushing it, but then came back and said no contract. So they never put it out.. LWKIA was picked up for HFO.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Eagles7 View Post
    Somebody was asking why Don didn't invite Joe in on Airborne. In his book he talked about He and Timothy and Joe trying to put a group together in the 80s, but Joe wouldn't show up at times and I think he began to get more heavily into addiction, so they couldn't depend on him. they got a couple of other guys and out of those sessions came Love Will Keep is Alive-- have to go look up the name of the author, who was recording with them. They put some music down and Irving was pushing it, but then came back and said no contract. So they never put it out.. LWKIA was picked up for HFO.
    That part of Don's book is very muddled. It's not clear when he tried to form a group with Joe and Timothy (and Terry Reid) but it may have been the mid-80s. The one with Love Will Keep Us Alive is probably from 1992 (Timothy mentions the plan in an interview when he was in Ringo's All Star Band).

If you're interested, I tried to put together a timeline for Don's activities here

I've been reading Marc Eliot's book again and he says that DOn Felder toured with Dan Fogelberg but Don doesn't mention it in his own book. Has anyone heard about this and if so, when did it happen?

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    Here's a new interview. I found the headline excrutiating but the rest of it is better. He has an EP coming out at the end of the year.

http://www.scmp.com/culture/music/ar...ongs-beautiful
    For some reason I'm unable to open the article. I have no idea what the headline is but I would guess it just didn't translate well if it was originally in Chinese.

Stuck on the Border

But...once again he has his unique way of promoting his recent activities:

"The only responses I would get would be from lawyers. I regret that Glenn and I were never able to sit down, have lunch, have a laugh and dispel that anger. They just didn’t care to do that. I expect that even with Don, it will be that way going forward.”

"They just didn’t care to do that." Yep, if only they had been more civilized.
    Last edited by chaim; 10-15-2016 at 03:54 AM.

SIGH. Yes, Glenn's death has become his new segue into complaining about his treatment - talking about how terribly sorry he is that Glenn was so awful that they couldn't reconcile before he died. He really has no shame when it comes to this thematic hobby horse, and he will be riding it for the rest of his life, I'm afraid. Funny how the guy who's "let it go" is the only one still talking about it to the press, and I think he will be complaining about it in every interview until the day HE dies.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I couldn't agree with you more, Soda. You nailed it. And if that's not enough, as recently as this week, he is still posting about the Kennedy Center Honors on his Facebook page. I guess these are effective strategies in keeping his page active. I wonder if he'll still be complaining about this many years from now as well.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Gosh, I guess I see things differently than some of you. To me, Don is simply answering a question from a reporter. It's unfortunate that the same questions get raised over and over, but I don't see how that's his fault. I don't think he is consciously trying to use this answer to "promote" his work.That doesn't make sense to me. I suppose he could tell the media ahead of time not to ask certain questions, but that isn't how he rolls, given the revealing book he wrote. It would seem like he has something to hide if he did so now. If he were to change his answer from the standard one he's been giving all this time, that would probably raise even more questions. I certainly don't take the answer as Glenn being some awful person, just that they were unable to resolve things.

He posted about the KCH petition to let his fans know about the outcome. I don't see how that's so unreasonable. He hasn't made any comment about it that I know of, much less one that is complaining. He has certainly posted about a lot of other things. It seems he's in a really good place in his life and career now but it seems inevitable these issues won't go away, at least as far as the press is concerned.

I absolutely feel Don F should be honored at the KCH...I've said so in the thread.

I was and still am disappointed with Don's comments after the Grammy awards show about not being included and the comments about the guys. I felt it was the wrong message at the wrong time and place and wasn't very respectful, after he made a big blurb with positivity towards Glenn. It cheapened his statement and even I didn't like it and I'm a diehard Felder fan and proud to be so so I can imagine that Glenn's fans really didn't like it.

Similarly, I wish the KCH thing was already done and over with. I think Don should probably refrain from any more statements on this particular award as much as I supported that petition, I think it's in his best interest to just let it go as people will misconstrue it and it will further enrage GF/DH fans. I hope he doesn't make any comments as harsh as the ones after the Grammy tribute and if he does, I'll certainly call him on it. But yeah, I think him just posting the link was ok, but I hope that's where it ends. It paints him in a bad light that I don't think is true (I think he IS a nice guy who loves his fans and music), but it IS by his own doing and anyone would start to wonder about him and it confirms some people's thoughts of him that may or may not be true.

I'm still upset by the lack of his inclusion but it's too late to change it now and I just will be glad when the KCH former member drama is a thing of the past and I think we can ALL agree on that, no matter if you wanted the former members included or not, it will be good to eventually not have to discuss it all the time.

Generally speaking, I think as far as bringing up the Eagles all the time, I think part of that is to blame with the interviewer. He should deny them, yes, but they should also find other things to ask about. I think it's a two way street there.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    Gosh, I guess I see things differently than some of you. To me, Don is simply answering a question from a reporter. It's unfortunate that the same questions get raised over and over, but I don't see how that's his fault. I don't think he is consciously trying to use this answer to "promote" his work.That doesn't make sense to me. I suppose he could tell the media ahead of time not to ask certain questions, but that isn't how he rolls, given the revealing book he wrote. It would seem like he has something to hide if he did so now. If he were to change his answer from the standard one he's been giving all this time, that would probably raise even more questions. I certainly don't take the answer as Glenn being some awful person, just that they were unable to resolve things.

He posted about the KCH petition to let his fans know about the outcome. I don't see how that's so unreasonable. He hasn't made any comment about it that I know of, much less one that is complaining. He has certainly posted about a lot of other things. It seems he's in a really good place in his life and career now but it seems inevitable these issues won't go away, at least as far as the press is concerned.
    I wasn't being very clear...It was sarcastic. I didn't mean he's actually promoting his activities. I meant that he's not promoting them, and that's weird. He's doing something cool, but in an interview the main focus seems to be Glenn and Don H not talking to him. Sure he's asked about it, but by now he should tell them beforehand "no questions about...". It's really getting tired, except for those who hate G & D already. It's very enjoyable to read/listen to interviews with Felder where there's none of that.

Of course Felder doesn't always make personal comments when he posts those links on Facebook. He lets his fans to the bashing. (Well, IMO )

No matter what my own opinion is about this stuff, I love the fact that there are people here who feel just the opposite. It often gives me food for thought.
    Last edited by chaim; 10-16-2016 at 03:20 AM.