Page 61 of 92 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571 ... LastLast

Thread: Don Felder in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Default Re: Don Felder in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    People who complain about Felder visit this part of the forum because they are interested in what he's doing. And then they are disappointed when the same old thing keeps coming up in interviews and on Facebook. At least that's my theory. That's how it is with me. So the "why come here if you feel this or that way" is a pointless question IMO. I don't think anyone visits any place in this forum to feel bad. Should one stop reading the papers if one doesn't like people fighting each other?

Having said that I don't enjoy the fact that this seems to be an uncomfortable place for those who are big Felder fans. I will try to remember that when I make posts.
    Exactly every interview is the same for me and its tiring. I don't think he likes it either but is not willing to say no questions about the Eagles.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by VillageGirl View Post
    But why can't you just ignore it? Is it like a car accident you can't look away from and the temptation to make a nasty or passive aggressive remark about Felder, Randy, or Bernie to get a laugh or whatever is just too great?

A lot of us like the former members and would like to be able to discuss what is,going on in their lives without a constant bitchy or sarcastic remark thrown in. You all just ripped Funk 50 a new one, but what you're doing is not much better. It's sad and pathetic. If you don't have anything nice to post, is it so hard to zip it?
    It isn't really appropriate to try & tell someone not to post in these forums because you disagree with their posts. You can't tell someone to be quiet because they might upset you. You also cannot tell fans of the last Eagles lineup not to visit this forum.

People who object to Felder's conduct have as much right to their opinions as those who think he is a victim. And I should stress - it is Felder we are talking about here. I haven't seen too many digs at Randy or Bernie. Their forums are normally extremely quiet, because they are not very active. I understand that is frustratiing for their fans.

How I wish we did not have this Fans Of The Former Members sect on this board. It is unnecessary & divisive.

`Both sides have their own version of the truth even third parties have a side. We know one side but not the other. Unless Henley or Glenn's family release separate autobiographies to counter Felder's book we will never know what THEY THOUGHT of the situation. We can defend EACH party by saying what we think they did and why but for me I take everything with a grain of salt until we know everything and then draw a conclusion.

`What frustrates me is that have gone into a lot more detail in the HOTE doc to voice more of their side but we really didn't it could be that they could not talk about it legally but IMO they shot themselves in the foot for not going more in depth. It was really one scene we got and that's what I think made people even more angry is because we didn't get any SPECIFIC reasons just emotions.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    How I wish we did not have this Fans Of The Former Members sect on this board. It is unnecessary & divisive.
    Alot of Irony in this statement.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by travlnman2 View Post
    Alot of Irony in this statement.
    I don't see why.

I'm not commenting further. I don't want to see any more fighting. What I said was an honest opinion.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Well - I will comment on Don Felder.

In most instances, members only come in these forums and criticize him when he instigates it with remarks in interviews or posts on social media.

Don Felder can absolutely control both what he talks about in interviews and what he posts on his Facebook page.

Why is it that interviewers don’t pursue this same line of questioning with the other band members? Well – it’s an easy answer … it’s because they avoid answering the questions. Nor do you ever see any of the other members using social media to bring up grievances they have or had with other band members.

When he posts anything related to the Eagles on his Facebook page – he knows exactly what the fan reaction is going to be – he doesn’t have to say a thing to solicit comments. This is not anything new – it’s something he has done repeatedly for many years now. The reason fans keep dwelling on the negative stuff is because Felder keeps dwelling on it – plain and simple.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    I don't see why.

I'm not commenting further. I don't want to see any more fighting. What I said was an honest opinion.
    Because you said you wished not to have the former members section.

Are you trying to say that you want to remove the former members section and have Bernie Randy and Felder as members? Help me out here

Quote Originally Posted by VillageGirl View Post
    You all just ripped Funk 50 a new one, but what you're doing is not much better. It's sad and pathetic. If you don't have anything nice to post, is it so hard to zip it?
    VG-

I was the one who did most of the so called "ripping", because he was being very cold and cruel to Glenn's fans and Eagles fans who care about it (I'm in the latter).

I agree with you that the comments about DF are a bit unfair, and I'm one of the biggest Felder supporters on here. However, I do wish that he shut off comments on Facebook to keep people from spewing hate about the rest of the Eagles. By not doing so, he opens himself to criticism from Glenn and Don H fans as well as general Eagles fans such as myself. I am not saying that is the reason every time someone makes a snide remark about him, but it does occur. Still, it's upsetting.

I agree than Don Felder gets a bad rap here, and I've mostly accepted it. I think the comments made about him are a bit harsh, but ultimately you can't force people to not post in this section or on this forum. There are times in the past I wished for that, but it's just not fair and not a good way to go about things.

What I DO wish for is there to be less drama all around and that we largely stick to talking about positive things, or at least try to be less angry at each other. I've almost left several times but I keep coming back for one reason - there is more of what unites us than divides us, and there are good people here who have all a common interest - the Eagles. We all have our favorites and our own thoughts on things that happened but I wish we could focus on what brings us together.

It comes back to the old saying "Can't we all just get along"? I know I feel that way about this and most certainly about the political stuff going on right now. I feel people defriending and bashing "friends" for their political choices or making remarks is just uncalled for. We should be uniting as one rather than tearing ourselves apart and not just as a country but as a human race. However, in reality, that likely will never happen. But if we all do our part, it would help...

The reason F50's post upset me personally as an Eagles fan is that he was purposefully targeting people who are still very wounded and upset over GF's passing. I felt that was low. I didn't necessarily love the man or his personality, but he WAS a huge part of the Eagles and he deserves better. Otherwise, I must take into question if someone is a fan of the band as a whole or just one or two members. Me, I came into the band by Joe Walsh and Don Felder. We ALL have our favorites, and favorites aside, as a fan of the whole band I thought it was rather mean and uncalled for. And it's not like it's the first time he's done this. He's even tried to stir me up on things, and I had to learn to ignore him. But for the fact he keeps doing it, and sake of the sanity and peace on this board, I felt inclined to respond to him. As I said in that thread, it's one thing to make comments that are polarizing or maybe not shared by the people at large and that some may find untrue, but it's another to target a certain group of people with the sole intention of playing with their emotions or to cause them pain or any kind of burden. It worries me, because that's a very troubling thing to do.

Again, I'm one of Don's biggest fans and I certainly don't appreciate what some say about him here. But sometimes, not always, but sometimes he instigates stuff. I have on many cases called out certain people for specific comments about Felder I felt were unfair or untrue (just search around). I will continue to do so as I see fit. But I'm in total agreement that we should as a whole avoid making negative comments that may upset fans of a particular member past or present, but we can't keep them out or tell them not to post. That would be wrong, at least IMO. It would be like a dictatorship. But it's ultimately up to the moderators and administrator to make decisions on this message board. Certainly not me.

I'd just like the board going forward to become a drama-free zone and that we respect all members and we refrain from nasty comments to one another OR that we attack members. Again folks, we all share at least one common interest. Let's stick to that. And I'm talking to everyone who bashes anyone here, including me.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by travlnman2 View Post
    Because you said you wished not to have the former members section.

Are you trying to say that you want to remove the former members section and have Bernie Randy and Felder as members? Help me out here
    I said no such thing.

I said I wished we didn't have a FANS of the Former Members SECT of Borderers who prefer the former Eagles & set themselves apart from other Borderers. Then they complain when other Borderers visit 'their' forums & dare to make comments. I repeat - it is divisive.

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    VG-

I was the one who did most of the so called "ripping", because he was being very cold and cruel to Glenn's fans and Eagles fans who care about it (I'm in the latter).

I agree with you that the comments about DF are a bit unfair, and I'm one of the biggest Felder supporters on here. However, I do wish that he shut off comments on Facebook to keep people from spewing hate about the rest of the Eagles. By not doing so, he opens himself to criticism from Glenn and Don H fans as well as general Eagles fans such as myself. I am not saying that is the reason every time someone makes a snide remark about him, but it does occur. Still, it's upsetting.

I agree than Don Felder gets a bad rap here, and I've mostly accepted it. I think the comments made about him are a bit harsh, but ultimately you can't force people to not post in this section or on this forum. There are times in the past I wished for that, but it's just not fair and not a good way to go about things.

What I DO wish for is there to be less drama all around and that we largely stick to talking about positive things, or at least try to be less angry at each other. I've almost left several times but I keep coming back for one reason - there is more of what unites us than divides us, and there are good people here who have all a common interest - the Eagles. We all have our favorites and our own thoughts on things that happened but I wish we could focus on what brings us together.

It comes back to the old saying "Can't we all just get along"? I know I feel that way about this and most certainly about the political stuff going on right now. I feel people defriending and bashing "friends" for their political choices or making remarks is just uncalled for. We should be uniting as one rather than tearing ourselves apart and not just as a country but as a human race. However, in reality, that likely will never happen. But if we all do our part, it would help...

The reason F50's post upset me personally as an Eagles fan is that he was purposefully targeting people who are still very wounded and upset over GF's passing. I felt that was low. I didn't necessarily love the man or his personality, but he WAS a huge part of the Eagles and he deserves better. Otherwise, I must take into question if someone is a fan of the band as a whole or just one or two members. Me, I came into the band by Joe Walsh and Don Felder. We ALL have our favorites, and favorites aside, as a fan of the whole band I thought it was rather mean and uncalled for. And it's not like it's the first time he's done this. He's even tried to stir me up on things, and I had to learn to ignore him. But for the fact he keeps doing it, and sake of the sanity and peace on this board, I felt inclined to respond to him. As I said in that thread, it's one thing to make comments that are polarizing or maybe not shared by the people at large and that some may find untrue, but it's another to target a certain group of people with the sole intention of playing with their emotions or to cause them pain or any kind of burden. It worries me, because that's a very troubling thing to do.

Again, I'm one of Don's biggest fans and I certainly don't appreciate what some say about him here. But sometimes, not always, but sometimes he instigates stuff. I have on many cases called out certain people for specific comments about Felder I felt were unfair or untrue (just search around). I will continue to do so as I see fit. But I'm in total agreement that we should as a whole avoid making negative comments that may upset fans of a particular member past or present, but we can't keep them out or tell them not to post. That would be wrong, at least IMO. It would be like a dictatorship. But it's ultimately up to the moderators and administrator to make decisions on this message board. Certainly not me.

I'd just like the board going forward to become a drama-free zone and that we respect all members and we refrain from nasty comments to one another OR that we attack members. Again folks, we all share at least one common interest. Let's stick to that. And I'm talking to everyone who bashes anyone here, including me.
    Very well said, Austin! I totally agree with you. I hope that your words are heeded.