Page 62 of 92 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672 ... LastLast

Thread: Don Felder in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Default Re: Don Felder in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    VG-

I was the one who did most of the so called "ripping", because he was being very cold and cruel to Glenn's fans and Eagles fans who care about it (I'm in the latter).

I agree with you that the comments about DF are a bit unfair, and I'm one of the biggest Felder supporters on here. However, I do wish that he shut off comments on Facebook to keep people from spewing hate about the rest of the Eagles. By not doing so, he opens himself to criticism from Glenn and Don H fans as well as general Eagles fans such as myself. I am not saying that is the reason every time someone makes a snide remark about him, but it does occur. Still, it's upsetting.

I agree than Don Felder gets a bad rap here, and I've mostly accepted it. I think the comments made about him are a bit harsh, but ultimately you can't force people to not post in this section or on this forum. There are times in the past I wished for that, but it's just not fair and not a good way to go about things.

What I DO wish for is there to be less drama all around and that we largely stick to talking about positive things, or at least try to be less angry at each other. I've almost left several times but I keep coming back for one reason - there is more of what unites us than divides us, and there are good people here who have all a common interest - the Eagles. We all have our favorites and our own thoughts on things that happened but I wish we could focus on what brings us together.

It comes back to the old saying "Can't we all just get along"? I know I feel that way about this and most certainly about the political stuff going on right now. I feel people defriending and bashing "friends" for their political choices or making remarks is just uncalled for. We should be uniting as one rather than tearing ourselves apart and not just as a country but as a human race. However, in reality, that likely will never happen. But if we all do our part, it would help...

The reason F50's post upset me personally as an Eagles fan is that he was purposefully targeting people who are still very wounded and upset over GF's passing. I felt that was low. I didn't necessarily love the man or his personality, but he WAS a huge part of the Eagles and he deserves better. Otherwise, I must take into question if someone is a fan of the band as a whole or just one or two members. Me, I came into the band by Joe Walsh and Don Felder. We ALL have our favorites, and favorites aside, as a fan of the whole band I thought it was rather mean and uncalled for. And it's not like it's the first time he's done this. He's even tried to stir me up on things, and I had to learn to ignore him. But for the fact he keeps doing it, and sake of the sanity and peace on this board, I felt inclined to respond to him. As I said in that thread, it's one thing to make comments that are polarizing or maybe not shared by the people at large and that some may find untrue, but it's another to target a certain group of people with the sole intention of playing with their emotions or to cause them pain or any kind of burden. It worries me, because that's a very troubling thing to do.

Again, I'm one of Don's biggest fans and I certainly don't appreciate what some say about him here. But sometimes, not always, but sometimes he instigates stuff. I have on many cases called out certain people for specific comments about Felder I felt were unfair or untrue (just search around). I will continue to do so as I see fit. But I'm in total agreement that we should as a whole avoid making negative comments that may upset fans of a particular member past or present, but we can't keep them out or tell them not to post. That would be wrong, at least IMO. It would be like a dictatorship. But it's ultimately up to the moderators and administrator to make decisions on this message board. Certainly not me.

I'd just like the board going forward to become a drama-free zone and that we respect all members and we refrain from nasty comments to one another OR that we attack members. Again folks, we all share at least one common interest. Let's stick to that. And I'm talking to everyone who bashes anyone here, including me.
    My postion exactly. That's why my pic is the Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame photo because I don't care about former members or current members. They are all former members know. Personally I would like the style to change to more of the all 7 eagles because it would make people less divided. As well as getting rid of the current members and former member sections as well.

But hey its my opinon

Border Desperado

I think Felder is receiving so much criticism because he is the only member-- past or last lineup-- of the band posting about the Kennedy Center decision on the petition. This provides his fan base with a place to post their positive support for him (which is great!!) but also many, many negative, rude and disgusting comments. I haven't seen anything from Meisner personally or through his guardians or anything from Leadon either. If I remember correctly, Bernie was singing with Frey, Henley, Walsh and Schmit on the HOTE tour in 2015 when the KC made their original announcement. I would think that if Leadon was angry with the KC decision or any opinions that might have been expressed by the last Eagles lineup that he would have left the tour. The KC committee seeks neither permission nor approval from the general public when making their selection. I think I read a statement from the Kennedy Center awhile back that stated a petition would not change their decision.

Border Desperado

You know, when I read that tidbit about Stevie Nicks disliking cellphones and social media, I totally agreed with her. I haven't logged onto FB for over a year, use my cell in my car or keep it on only when my family is not with me physically in case of an emergency.
    I much prefer to be outside when health permits or in the company of others.
    I think smartphones and social networking are great, just for other people.

Any day, I would rather have these sort of discussions in person than hiding behind a computer, but obviously, that is not possible. I don't use FB or Twitter, so how am I supposed to know what Felder or his fans post on there?

I am sorry.if people thought I meant ,"you should only say nice things on the former Eagles threads". I did not mean for it to come off that way. But when people start saying really lowlife expressions, such as,,"Felder should go fornicate himself", I have to make sure I haven't accidentally logged onto white trash central instead of an Eagles site.

I really love this band but there is.so much anger and negativity on here. Even bullying, especially from a.select few. I find I have to take a break from listening to them lately because instead of bringing a "Peaceful Easy Feeling", it just invokes sadness.

I feel badly for the newest members that have joined and wondered WTH is going on or been slammed by posting in the wrong place or having a difference of opinion.

Cathy

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Social media really does have a dark side and even what I've seen through here since getting more involved with the Eagles fandom is nothing compared to some horrible things I've witnessed being part of current TV shows and movies fandoms. When you see part of the "fans" get so angry that their romantic pairing/ship isn't happening and start to target the writers, actors, and fans of the romantic pairing that is happening to the point where they send death threats, force the actors and writers to close their Twitter and other accounts, and even cause a fan to try to commit suicide it's just sickening. This is recently happening in the "Once Upon a Time" fandom but I also see in it most of the fandoms I'm involved in. There are good things about social media and bringing all of us together but the dark side is just scary and this election in the US has brought out even more horrible people. Yes, we have the right to free speech but people need to remember everyone has an opinion and you can't hide behind a computer and say things you would never say to someone in person.

That's why I'm all for sites including Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, and FaceBook to finally start moderating posts and actually banning troll accounts and stopping people from saying these horrible things. I even feel Twitter, FB, and other accounts that are celeb pages should be the main ones that are moderated and they need an option where they can have no replies. Also maybe have a filter so certain words are banned and stop the post from being made. It would help out so much.

I don't like things Felder has said in the past but I keep my thoughts to myself and still wish the best for him with his music. I agree he should tell interviewers to stop asking him those questions. I so wish people would go back to the old rule "If you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all." This world would be a much better place.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Stuck on the Border

I don't quite agree with this "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything" statement that people are now offering. Almost everyone who has criticized Felder's words and actions here has also said nice things about him. They are genuinely pleased when he's doing something musically or charity-wise. I may be the only one who has concentrated mostly on the negative, and I will stop that.

Out on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by travlnman2 View Post
    You guys think that Don and Glenn got the bad end of the stick. That is nothing compared to the undeserved hate Axl Rose has gotten for 23 years the backlash was a spin story from Slash and Duff who made up all the BS lies about him
    Bullshit. Axl was a dick back in the day, there's no denying it. The dude made us wait HOURS for no reason, he pushed people away from him, he carried on the name with a fake band. Come on

Quote Originally Posted by Gnrguy View Post
    Bullshit. Axl was a dick back in the day, there's no denying it. The dude made us wait HOURS for no reason, he pushed people away from him, he carried on the name with a fake band. Come on
    Its called Media Spin. What happend to Axl is exactly what Felder is doing to Henley and Frey. One guy releases a book claiming all these ridiculous accusations and the fans eat it up without knowing the other side/truth.

I would also suggest being more carefull with using profainity.

Out on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by travlnman2 View Post
    Its called Media Spin. What happend to Axl is exactly what Felder is doing to Henley and Frey. One guy releases a book claiming all these ridiculous accusations and the fans eat it up without knowing the other side/truth.
    Noooooo little man. I was there back in the day. I waited at the shows, that was no media spin. There is no grand conspiracy, and this shit happened LONG before slash's silly book. They're all idiots, and Axl is especially no angel. The guy marches to his own drum, it's part of his appeal, but he's pulled some really shitty stuff in he past

Quote Originally Posted by Gnrguy View Post
    Noooooo little man. I was there back in the day. I waited at the shows, that was no media spin. There is no grand conspiracy, and this shit happened LONG before slash's silly book. They're all idiots, and Axl is especially no angel. The guy marches to his own drum, it's part of his appeal, but he's pulled some really shitty stuff in he past
    Thank you for proving my point. Great job.