Page 7 of 92 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast

Thread: Don Felder in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Don Felder in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    He usually says "the ones I co-wrote, recorded, or toured with the band" so it's probably a transcription error.
    Yes, that makes sense. I was thinking that maybe Don actually said "or" here too, but it got changed to "and" in the transcription/writing process.

An interview with Don Felder - it's a couple weeks old now, but still worth a listen (it starts about 10 minutes in):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKCvV...ature=youtu.be

You can also access it here:

http://www.soundpress.net/files-features/radio-show.php

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    A few others to boot (can you tell I've just cleaned out my EOC inbox lol)?
    "Don Felder Talks Styx/Foreigner Tour, Solo Album, and the Eagles" - Access Atlanta
    There are a few new things in that one. He's thinking of a new book?

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Thanks, UTW. That interview is also chock full of swipes at the Eagles, even more than usual! His "tragic" departure from the band? Is "tragic" the right word when someone is fired? I guess to him it is. Also, he says he was in touch with Bernie until Bernie re-joined the Eagles. That's probably because Bernie is ON TOUR and when he has a break, Don Felder is not the first person he makes time for. Sheesh. I really am a fan of Felder, I swear, I just can't get over the way he is spewing on and on about the Evil Eagles!!! Instead of focusing on his own music and his tour with Styx and Foreigner. He truly is making a career/image out of being an ex-Eagle, that's where he sees his opportunity, still.

Stuck on the Border

I was amused by his comment about the press being his friends. After reading through all those interviews, I felt that he could cut down on them until he has something new to say.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

I can't read the interview because I keep getting errors that say there's a malicious add-on on the page. If anyone's read it recently, I'd run some anti-malware software on your computer.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border

I run with a ad-blocker and don't allow pop-ups which may be why I'm not getting the warning.

Tis is what he said about a second book. I think it's a good idea.
    Q: Is there a volume 2 of a book in you?
    A: I’ve been playing around with a book called “Road Tales,” stories from the road, to do for charity. I want to get a lot of people from the music business who have really funny stories. Whoever contributes to it, a portion of the proceeds would go to their charity. I’ve been collecting stories, but I don’t have enough yet for a book.

Stuck on the Border

Wow. I didn't know that The Last Resort evolved from a "story" Don told Glenn and the other Don.
    I notice that sometimes (just sometimes) Don tends to say "we" when Don H and Glenn have done something. ("...because once we came up with the concept of Hotel California based on the music that I had written, all the other stories started falling out of that".) But, then again, everyone does that. Nick Mason was criticized by other Floyd guys for all the "we"s in his book about Pink Floyd.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by MaryCalifornia View Post
    Thanks, UTW. That interview is also chock full of swipes at the Eagles, even more than usual! His "tragic" departure from the band? Is "tragic" the right word when someone is fired? I guess to him it is. Also, he says he was in touch with Bernie until Bernie re-joined the Eagles. That's probably because Bernie is ON TOUR and when he has a break, Don Felder is not the first person he makes time for. Sheesh. I really am a fan of Felder, I swear, I just can't get over the way he is spewing on and on about the Evil Eagles!!! Instead of focusing on his own music and his tour with Styx and Foreigner. He truly is making a career/image out of being an ex-Eagle, that's where he sees his opportunity, still.
    He certainly seems to say "They are bad guys. I love them. I don't know why they don't love me. Did I tell you they are rather bad guys?" kind of stuff now and then.

Sort of reminds me of Gene Simmons's backhanded compliments towards Ace and Peter. He always says stuff like "Peter is a sweetheart, but (something very negative here)", or "We love Ace, but (something very negative here)". Assure them you're ok with the past and have nothing against the guys, but throw that swipe in there somewhere.

Paul Stanley is a bit like Don F in interviews actually. He sounds so calm, thoughtful and sincere when he speaks that you'll believe that his side of the story must be the truth if you're not careful.
    Last edited by chaim; 05-25-2014 at 06:13 AM.