Page 85 of 92 FirstFirst ... 3575818283848586878889 ... LastLast

Thread: Don Felder in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Default Re: Don Felder in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Indeed. I hope Joe wasn't just using his schedule as an excuse!
    Yes, that is a definite possibility. It indicates however that the lines of communication between them are perhaps more open than many of us thought.

So much time has passed since the firing, lawsuit and book, I can see the Henley and Azoff mellowing enough to look the other way if Joe were to work with Felder again, especially with Glenn’s death bringing things into perspective. Life is too short to dwell on the negative and harbor non-ending resentment.

Quote Originally Posted by thelastresort View Post
    I genuinely don't like thinking like this, but Felder has an incredible ability for being economic with the truth. He and Joe haven't spoken, to the best of my knowledge, for 18 years. I know Glenn's passing will have had an impact on how they all perceived their relationships but I wouldn't be surprised if it was just Felder asking and Joe saying 'Sorry' outright. I can't believe, with all the wonders of technology and transport, that being on a relatively slowed-paced tour for a couple of years has put Joe out for the count.
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastresort View Post

Again, not to be cynical - I honestly hope I am wrong!

I appreciate your thoughtful post, TLR, and I agree that it would seem something could have been worked out in this technological day and age. Felder has said in interviews that he wanted to “jam” with other musicians on this album, so I think it was important to him to work personally with Joe. Kind of like when Timothy wanted his solo album recorded entirely in his house; even when a big name like Alison Krause couldn’t make a personal visit, he went on and made the album without her.
    Last edited by Delilah; 07-01-2019 at 04:21 PM.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Wow, I can't imagine Joe being on Felder's album, even if it has been 18 years! I wonder if it was wishful thinking on DF's part. Kind of like a dream that is so vivid that over time you think it really happened!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border

I can see Joe playing on Don's record. Eagles has changed. When Glenn was alive there was, understandably, this Felder vs. Eagles thing. But with the band being what it is now - with Vince Gill, Deacon Frey - the band's not necessarily worth keeping a personal "war" going with Don on as well. Just a thought, it's not something I believe is the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    I can see Joe playing on Don's record. Eagles has changed. When Glenn was alive there was, understandably, this Felder vs. Eagles thing. But with the band being what it is now - with Vince Gill, Deacon Frey - the band's not necessarily worth keeping a personal "war" going with Don on as well. Just a thought, it's not something I believe is the truth.
    You may not believe it’s the truth, but what you say makes sense. People do change.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

I personally thought it would never happen, even now.

The guitar fan side of me would love to hear such a thing, but I have to admit it still doesn't seem quite right. At worst, it would seem like "Hey, Glenn's gone, we can do what we want now!" - which honestly doesn't set with me very well. That and the fact that Joe and Glenn were very close, much closer than Glenn and DH, IMO. I really don't think Joe would want to do it. There is no boat to rock per se, but just out of respect. However, if Felder is telling the truth (big if), then I kind of doubt Joe would say something came up if in fact Joe had committed to doing it in the first place. I think Joe has enough strength to say straight up I'm not doing it rather than "yeah sure I'll play on it, oh wait there is a date conflict, I'm sorry Don". And if by chance he had a change of heart/mind after initially saying yes or was pressured to do so, I'd like to think he could say so, in a respectful way. So who knows. Again, I would love it as a listener and as a fan of those two playing together, but the part of me that is a Glenn fan and one who doesn't want to feel like it was disrespectful doesn't necessarily want it to ever happen. And that's just me personally and how I might view it if this in fact came to fruition.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border

I'm not sure if Glenn really wanted to control Joe as much as to never have anything to do with a person (Felder) again. I can sort of see it happening when Glenn's Eagles was still out there, but for the rest of their lives? I'm really not sure.

I'm not sure if Glenn really wanted to control Joe as much as to never have anything to do with a person (Felder) again. I can sort of see it happening when Glenn's Eagles was still out there, but for the rest of their lives? I'm really not sure.
    And I'm not necessarily saying Glenn did want to control Joe, it's just more out of respect. There was a huge rift between Glenn and Felder, and Felder was mostly to blame, IMO. I think the closeness between Joe and Glenn would make Joe feel uneasy working with Felder again, even out of the Eagles. And while Glenn isn't around anymore or in the Eagles, I feel it would kind of still be a slap in the face so to speak.

Again, as a guitar fan and a fan of those two playing together I'd love it, but the idea of them working together, even now, makes me very uncomfortable. It's unfortunate, but I think DF has only himself to blame.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    And I'm not necessarily saying Glenn did want to control Joe, it's just more out of respect. There was a huge rift between Glenn and Felder, and Felder was mostly to blame, IMO. I think the closeness between Joe and Glenn would make Joe feel uneasy working with Felder again, even out of the Eagles. And while Glenn isn't around anymore or in the Eagles, I feel it would kind of still be a slap in the face so to speak.

Again, as a guitar fan and a fan of those two playing together I'd love it, but the idea of them working together, even now, makes me very uncomfortable. It's unfortunate, but I think DF has only himself to blame.
    I understand your point. It's a complicated issue, I'm not sure what to think.

I understand your point. It's a complicated issue, I'm not sure what to think.
    It is indeed. Honestly, it's just kind of icky to me. And it sucks to feel that way. I sure wish Felder would have held it together and that Glenn was still here. Just wasn't in the cards.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    It is indeed. Honestly, it's just kind of icky to me. And it sucks to feel that way. I sure wish Felder would have held it together and that Glenn was still here. Just wasn't in the cards.
    IMO Don F has been a bit more intelligent in some of the more recent interviews I've seen. At least in the Jonesy interview. Intelligent as opposed to pure emotion from a "me, me" place. Joe is always intelligent IMO. (The "Perhaps sometimes nobody is wrong" was one example). I feel that when Don F is more relaxed and doesn't feel threatened or wrongly treated, he can be a rather intelligent man. In that Jonesy interview he was very funny in a clever way in places. Something I don't recall seeing before. I hope there comes a time when he can look at things with less emotion actually say that he at least MAY have been partly to blame.