Page 86 of 92 FirstFirst ... 3676828384858687888990 ... LastLast

Thread: Don Felder in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Don Felder in the Press/Blogs/etc.

One crucial step in that direction would, IMO, be if Don admitted that the facts he chose to tell and omit in his book were carefully chosen. (like the Glenn photo!) If he could say that it was coloured very much by how he felt AT THE TIME. If these things happened, it wouldn't be as troubling IMO if Joe did something with him.

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    One crucial step in that direction would, IMO, be if Don admitted that the facts he chose to tell and omit in his book were carefully chosen. (like the Glenn photo!) If he could say that it was coloured very much by how he felt AT THE TIME. If these things happened, it wouldn't be as troubling IMO if Joe did something with him.
    I would really be surprised if that were to happen, honestly.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Yeah - I guess I'm also kind of cynical about Felder's claim that he and Joe couldn't get together because of scheduling problems. I could be wrong, but somehow, I think if Joe had been truly interested, he would have made it happen. And while the publicity surrounding Felder's problems with the band focuses on Don and, especially Glenn, I think it's evident in Felder's book and the HOTE doc, that Joe and Timothy had their own issues with him. So, it's hard to say how much of a factor Glenn's passing plays in any chance of reconciliation.

And I agree that I would feel much better about Felder if he would just share the responsibility for the friction in the band. Maybe one day, but I'm not holding my breath.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

I think I remembered reading (I don't remembered where) that Joe said he had been in contact with Don.

I remembered the week Glenn died, Joe and Don were both at the NAMM conference. So unless either one of them didn't want to come up to each other that week or weren't there at the same time, that would had been a great opportunity to see each other and talk. You know their would had been a picture of them floating around the internet that day if they had seen each other. That would had been a great photo op and the press would had been all over that.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    I think I remembered reading (I don't remembered where) that Joe said he had been in contact with Don.

I remembered the week Glenn died, Joe and Don were both at the NAMM conference. So unless either one of them didn't want to come up to each other that week or weren't there at the same time, that would had been a great opportunity to see each other and talk. You know their would had been a picture of them floating around the internet that day if they had seen each other. That would had been a great photo op and the press would had been all over that.
    Hmm. True!

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    Yep. And I agree with Soda. I don't see that happening, sadly.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post

Oh you bet! The press/paparazzi would have been all over that, let alone any guitar companies who's booth they were in.

Simply put, Joe doesn't want to associate with Felder. I can't blame him. I like to think he does it out of respect for Glenn, but it's very well possible Joe has his own beef with DF.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    Oh you bet! The press/paparazzi would have been all over that, let alone any guitar companies who's booth they were in.

Simply put, Joe doesn't want to associate with Felder. I can't blame him. I like to think he does it out of respect for Glenn, but it's very well possible Joe has his own beef with DF.
    Well, we can't know. I will say that Joe is not openly antagonistic towards Felder like Henley, though. I think he even was complimentary towards his skills in an interview a while back but sadly, my memory is not good enough to tell you when or where.

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Well, we can't know. I will say that Joe is not openly antagonistic towards Felder like Henley, though. I think he even was complimentary towards his skills in an interview a while back but sadly, my memory is not good enough to tell you when or where.
    I agree, Soda. We really can’t know what’s going on behind the scenes or what they’re thinking. Joe has been more or less neutral over the years based on his interviews, and not bad-mouthing anyone. If anything the revelation awhile ago that Don F and Joe were exchanging messages at radio stations shows at the least a friendly acknowledgement between them. I do remember a fairly recent interview where Joe was fondly recalling playing with Don F. Unfortunately I don’t think I saved it.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I think if there was truly nothing between them, Joe would have done that record.

I think Joe isn't one to rock the boat, and while he may not be one to badmouth anyone, I don't think he wants to hurt his friend Glenn and work with Felder. There is a big difference between exchanging friendly comments about playing together, and actually wanting to sit down and talk/work with the guy. All that being said, I'm still pretty confident that there is still at the very least, a friction between those two.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger