Page 88 of 92 FirstFirst ... 3878848586878889909192 LastLast

Thread: Don Felder in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Don Felder in the Press/Blogs/etc.

If Don has to use a pre-recorded vocal track live, it sure means that hiring a singer would be a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    If Don has to use a pre-recorded vocal track live, it sure means that hiring a singer would be a good idea.
    Agreed.

This is a recent interview with a German magazine, Don Felder im Interview: “Es war wie ein Rausch” Von David Numberger - 21. September 2019 (Don Felder in an interview: "It was like a rush" By David Numberger - September 21, 2019)

Most of it is pretty similar to the content of other interviews. Using google translator, here are a couple of statements that stood out to me.

Because you mention Mick Fleetwood: you both played in the biggest West Coast bands of the 70's, HOTEL CALIFORNIA and RUMOURS came out almost at the same time. Was there no rivalry between you?

No, in fact there was a great friendship between both groups. Stevie Nicks has even donated Don Henley for a while. We also went on tour together for almost a year: Whoever happened to be higher in the local charts of the respective city, was allowed to headline that evening.

So you liked the music of Fleetwood Mac?

Absolutely, you can bet on that! Who does not?
    (some time ago, the topic of who headlined when the Eagles toured with Fleetwood Mac came up so this is relevant to that)

Do you have hobbies?

Lately I've been so busy performing, songwriting, studio work and PR that I only played golf once last year. My handicap was 7, now it is around the 14th. I did a diving training, but I have not been diving for more than five years. My ticket is useless, because if you're out of practice and rusting, then something can happen every second and you fly against a mountain. But my plan looks like this: the next three years are hard work, I want to release another album and go on tour. Then I switch back a gear to have a few years in my life really fun. Then I meet friends, play golf, look for warm water with a white sand beach, put up a small chair, drink drinks with a small umbrella and have a beautiful blonde with a tiny bikini around me. (Laughs)
    There seems to be a glitch here in the translation and instead of “diving” maybe it should be “flying”(?). But it sounds like he wants to release another album? Wow. Maybe someone fluent in German can help out.

https://classicrock.net/don-felder-interview/

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Yes, I think there is a translation issue. Case in point "Stevie Nicks has even donated Don Henley for a while".

Oh really Don?! Who did she lend him to? Curious minds want to know!
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

I think I recall Felder saying he would go diving a few times in his book. I think that translation is right actually.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    Yes, I think there is a translation issue. Case in point "Stevie Nicks has even donated Don Henley for a while".

Oh really Don?! Who did she lend him to? Curious minds want to know!
    Yeah, that was PRICELESS!

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah
    Because you mention Mick Fleetwood: you both played in the biggest West Coast bands of the 70's, HOTEL CALIFORNIA and RUMOURS came out almost at the same time. Was there no rivalry between you?

No, in fact there was a great friendship between both groups. Stevie Nicks has even donated Don Henley for a while. We also went on tour together for almost a year: Whoever happened to be higher in the local charts of the respective city, was allowed to headline that evening.

LOL about "Donated"!

The idea that they would trade off headlining from city to city based on the local charts surprises me. It seems that would be logistically difficult, as wouldn't it be something you'd want to plan pretty far out in advance? And I always had the impression that the groups were pretty much neck and neck back in the day. Very interesting.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Here’s a Don Felder story from ultimate classic rock

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/don-...-alex-lifeson/

Thanks! Interesting how they all seem to run in the same social circles. Guess it's not that surprising, though!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Out on the Border

Don actually sings live here because the vocal track didn't kick in at the beginning of the song, so they had to turn his mic on. For some reason, the backing vox are also live, which doesn't seem usual for this song. He also messed up the ending to the third chorus (he started to sing "woo hoo hoo" instead of "already gone"). In his current band, I don't begrudge him for lip-syncing because he has to play very complicated guitar parts (which he does do live), but imo he ought to hire a lead singer for his band. I also don't know why he uses additional guitar tracks in HC, TIE, and Those Shoes; all of those additional tracks could be removed from his show by hiring the right singer/guitarist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMix1XZqUWM