Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Scottrade Center - St. Louis - 10/24/13

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default Re: Scottrade Center - St. Louis - 10/24/13

Great reviews everyone! It's great reading these cause you all remembered things I forgot!

The show was magnificent, fabulous, and awesome! There are no better words to describe it! I am completely in awe of how good these guys still are!
    We got to our hotel in plenty of time to get gussied up and then go down to the restaurant to meet our Border friends. On the way, hubby and I were listening to my playlist of the show and I told him it would probably be the last time we got to see them. I nearly choked up saying that. It just kind of got me when the words came out of my mouth, but hubby said they would probably be back around in another year or so after touring the rest of the world, but who knows? By chance we met some other old friends there and visited for a few minutes before ordering some food. Austin made it and a while later Molly and Mr. Molly came in. It was great meeting all of you! Sorry we missed you, AtT.

We walked over to the venue and I promptly went to the check out the t-shirts and stuff while B watched the Cards game on a tv. I got the beige HotE one and got B the yellow license plate one. I also bought a program and key chain. We watched the game for a while before I went on to our seats. They were pretty good really, mid lower bowl on Tim’s side. I would have preferred being down by Austin, but that wasn’t to be. I was happy. We could see really well and if I needed a closer shot, I could see the monitor to our side. The crowd was great and the place was packed to the rafters by show time. I wondered if there might be some empty floor seats because of the Cards game, but it looked pretty much full down there.

Glenn and Don came out from opposite sides of the stage and took their seats. I loved all the talking they did! It was a very relaxed and casual atmosphere and they seemed to be in a great mood! I loved hearing Saturday Night, but it made me feel a little melancholy.

Seeing Bernie come out and join in was great! It’s really nice that they could ‘get over it’ and be friends again. Really enjoyed hearing him on Train.
    Loved the rework of Witchy Woman and Heartache Tonight! Both really cool vibes. I guess it’s just fun for them to do something a little different once in a while!

I also loved hearing Doolin Dalton, the Reprise, and Those Shoes! Just awesome! I don’t know if they have ever done them before this tour. They probably did DD back in the day and I’m sure someone here knows and it’s probably been discussed.

It was cool when they updated us on the Cardinals game. Tim mentioned it and once Glenn announced it was 2-0 Cards and then Don announced that we had won 4-2! The crowd went wild each time as you can imagine! I may have it backwords on who said what but......

I thought the guys sounded great on every song. I don’t know how the show could have been any better! Loved the band intros too! Glenn was quite animated during his and did a little dance!

Don wore his light gray button up shirt the whole show. Glenn came out in what I thought was a peachy pink button up shirt over a gray t-shirt, but the color of it changed with the lighting because sometimes it looked yellow. I’m not really sure what color it really was! Later he changed to a light blue gingham check overshirt. I’m not sure if the undershirt was white or the same gray one. Tim came out in a purple t-shirt and changed to a black button up shirt. Joe had on a bright turquoise shirt under a really cool black embroidered jacket and then changed to a black t-shirt that said The End on the front. I think his shoes were turquoise with the first outfit too! I’d have to say he looked the most awesome of all in his first outfit! It was really cool because……Joe’s cool! I’m hoping some really good pics show up so you all can see it! Mine don’t do any of them justice.

I took about 30 pics, but they aren’t all that great. I’m too far away for my cheap camera. I’ll post the best ones I have.

All in all, it was a fantastic evening and I urge anyone who hasn’t gotten to see this tour, DO IT! GO! You will love it all!

Thanks Eagles! and hope beyond hope to see you again someday!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Thanks all for the awesome reviews!

Sounds like a rockin' good time was had by all.

Out on the Border AftertheThrill's Avatar

I was telling my husband the same thing about being the last time and he said he thinks they will be back around.

Brooke, you were on the same side as me. There were some empty floor seats in front of me. The people were completely trashed before the show started and left and never came back.

For the Cardinals stuff, I think you are right. Joe also mentioned before Life's Been Good that the crowd could practice yelling for Saturday night.

Out on the Border AftertheThrill's Avatar

Here is one of my pictures if it loads. I feel like I'm in the triangle of no or bad signals.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Thanks everyone for the great reviews! It is awesome and so exciting to know the guys are still having a good time! And I agree with Dreamer, everyone's (you reviewers) excitement shines thru!!

Dang, AtT! Wish you could have called me. I'd have been down there is a jiffy!

My best pics:

This is funny! I did not even think about going early to hear JD & the SS! I didn't even know they were going to be there! Evidently by the time we got there they were over and gone!

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AftertheThrill View Post

Brooke, you were on the same side as me. There were some empty floor seats in front of me. The people were completely trashed before the show started and left and never came back.
    Pardon my french but, who the hell does that? Why pay that kind of money only to get so trashed that you don't either remember the show or you end up leaving and not even seeing it? Ridiculous.

Thanks for the pics!!! They're great!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Glenn gave a shout-out to the Chiefs, too?

Glenn Frey: What city has an undefeated NFL team? (crowd roars wildly) Glenn Frey mutters: Sure isn't Denver. #Chiefs #TheEagles
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

So happy you all had a great time. Your excitement makes me even more excited for my show in 2 weeks! Brooke, does your HOTE shirt have the cities on the back? I really want a shirt with the cities, but black does not work in my house thanks to my dogs and cats.