Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Scottrade Center - St. Louis - 10/24/13

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default Re: Scottrade Center - St. Louis - 10/24/13

Shoot!

I did forget to post that I was told by a camera Nazi to quit taking pictures early in the 2nd song. My seat was in the middle of the lower bowl and I was actually taking a picture of the screen to my left and forgot to turn off the flash. I posted the ones that were any good, but good grief, I really hadn't even taken over 3 or 4 at the time! Never saw the Nazi again though!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Sorry it's taken me so long to post. Bad case of too much vacation coupled with a nasty bout of PEW.

First, it's always so great to meet Border people. Austin, your a man of few words, but as sweet as can be. Thanks for hanging out with us old folks.

Brooke, we've "known" each other in cyber space for years, it was wonderful getting to meet you and Mr. Brooke. It would seem our husbands are brothers from different mothers the way they seemed to hit it off!

I won't re-hash everyone else's reviews. Just a few comments:
    Joe snuck up behind Glenn wearing goofy glasses (the kind with goofy painted eyeballs on the lenses) just as Glenn was singing "You can't hide your lyin' eyes." Well, I guess you can with glasses like that. Cracked Glenn up.

I groaned when I realized the Plaintiff joke was being told, but has Glenn said
    "I'd like to dedicate this next song to my first wife." , a woman down front "WOO HOO'd" really loudly. Without missing a beat Glenn stopped and looked at her and said, "Oh, your here...hi Plaintiff!" Now, that made me laugh!

Joe "twirked" the cameraman near the end of the show (can't recall which song).

Tim was particularly bouncy and animated. I love it that he interacts more with the crowd then on past tours.

We had such nice people behind us. The couple behind us said it was her anniversary present to him, because seeing the Eagles had been on his "bucket list" for years. So sweet. I could hear hubby telling a bunch of people near us about The Border and how they should visit. Soda, I guess Ditka is your new PR person.

Ditka took like 400 pix. We need to run them thru our photo program and try to clean them up (many are washed out because of the lights) - but here are a few.

[

Nice pics, Molly! Thanks for posting them & for your review. Love hearing all those little anecdotes! This makes me even more excited for my turn on Monday night!

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Great review and pics, Molly!

Going through the 187 unread Google Alerts and found this. A review and more pics.

http://www.playbackstl.com/photogall...-eagles-102413
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Thanks for the review and pictures, Molly. So glad you enjoyed the show and hope it was worth the trip.

And VA - thanks for the link to that other review too. Overall, it wasn't bad, but I just had to roll my eyes and shake my head when I read this ...

“Set two began on a somewhat cheesy note with a back-to-back delivery of “I Can't Tell You Why,” “New Kid in Town,” and what is probably played at way too many weddings as the bride and groom's first dance as a married couple song, “Love Will Keep Us Alive.”

Cheesy ??? Seriously ??? Oh well, to each their own.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

Thanks for the great picturesthem

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Thanks for the review and pictures, Molly. So glad you enjoyed the show and hope it was worth the trip.

And VA - thanks for the link to that other review too. Overall, it wasn't bad, but I just had to roll my eyes and shake my head when I read this ...

“Set two began on a somewhat cheesy note with a back-to-back delivery of “I Can't Tell You Why,” “New Kid in Town,” and what is probably played at way too many weddings as the bride and groom's first dance as a married couple song, “Love Will Keep Us Alive.”

Cheesy ??? Seriously ??? Oh well, to each their own.
    And hey, what about PMAIAR? Did he doze during that one?

Thanks for the pictures and review, Molly!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Thanks Molly! And thanks to Ditka for the shout-outs!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Molly, thanks for the review and pics! It's great when everyone gives a review because different people remember different things! I'd completely forgotton about Joe's glasses!

And it was great finally meeting you and Ditka! And Austin!

Thanks for that review VA! I have to say that I'm glad they are doing the same set list every night and they exceeded my expectations in how outstanding it was. I was blown away! I also enjoyed their comments between songs and it was more than usual as far as I remember them ever doing.