Page 1 of 32 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Glenn Frey Music Video Survivor

Default Glenn Frey Music Video Survivor

Time for the Glenn Frey Music Video Survivor, where we vote off Glenn's solo music videos until we get to the last one standing!

If you're new, for a basic overview of the game, see this post: Survivor Overview

I'm going to list all Glenn’s solo music videos here. Vote for the video that you feel should be eliminated from the list. The video that gets the most votes will be taken off of the list (or, in the language of Survivor, "voted off of the island.") Each round, one more video will get axed, until there's only one left. Remember: you're voting for the one you think should GO, not the one you think should stay.

Note: Do not criticize how/why other people vote. Their reasons are their own and they are free to vote however they like. Also, never attack a fellow poster. You can disagree without making it personal. Sometimes these games can get heated, but remember... it's still just a game.

Each round will last 48 hours after posting to give people a chance to vote who don't post every day. That means that the first round will end at 8:00 Eastern time the day after tomorrow. If you miss a round, don't think you can't play. It's all good!

Since there may be discussion posts, be sure to make it clear when you are casting your vote. Once the board clock strikes 8:00 pm Eastern on the second day, no more votes will be counted for that round - even if it's only seconds after. Your votes also cannot be changed once you have voted, even if you change your mind or make a mistake. Once it's on the record, that's it - so be careful!

If you get confused about what round we are in, look at this post. I'll always update it to reflect the current round. Also feel free to post any questions if you don't understand what's going on.

If there is a tiebreaker, then ALL votes from ALL previous rounds are tallied and whoever has the most prior votes is eliminated. That’s the way it’s done on the real show, that’s the way it’s done here. If there is a complete tie with prior votes (Murphy’s Law), then I'll have a sudden-death trivia question ready. The first person who answers it correctly gets to break the tie. The odds of that happening are slim, but you never know, and it's good to be prepared.

In order to avoid voter fraud, we require that you must be a member for at least two weeks before the start of the game to cast a vote.

===============================

GAME OVER!

The winner of the Glenn Frey Music Video Survivor is ...

YOU BELONG TO THE CITY

Videos Eliminated:
    Love in the 21st Century 10/29
    The Shadow of Your Smile 10/31
    I've Got Mine 11/02
    Some Kind of Blue 11/04
    Route 66 11/06
    Livin' Right 11/08
    The Heat Is On 11/10
    I Found Somebody 11/12
    Part of Me, Part of You 11/14
    True Love 11/16
    Sexy Girl 11/18
    Soul Searchin' 11/20
    The One You Love 11/22
    River of Dreams 11/24
    Smuggler's Blues 11/26

Thanks for playing and hope everyone enjoyed the game.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Default Re: Glenn Frey Music Video Survivor

Well, I know what my first vote will be!

I cast my vote for Love in the 21st Century.

I know that a lot of effort and money went into this high-concept video.... but I hate it!

It's so pervy. I get that it matches the theme of the song, but it's all so freaking gross. The idea is basically "Glenn as different characters at 'adult entertainment' carnival." I'm just not into it. Glenn's wretched yellow hair doesn't help matters, but even if he were at his hottest I'd still think this was a crappy video.

Stuck on the Border

I also vote for Love In The 21st Century for the reasons Soda gave.

I had a hard time picking which song to vote off first. A few of them I really didn't like, but I vote for:

Love in the 21st Century.

Its a catchy tune, but the video was a turn off. Also what the heck was Glenn thinking with his hair. He's better with dark hair.

Stuck on the Border

Love in the 21st Century was ambitious but didn't work so I won't be sad to see it go. However for this round my vote goes to

Soul Searchin'

It's dull. Unhappy Glenn is cartoonish and the romantic aspects are cliched - piggy backs, frolicking in the park and such.

I see what you're saying, but I like the social commentary aspects of that video- showing people living with poverty, the newspaper about the environment, etc.

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

vote for love in the 21st century as well

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

This is a no brainer for me - Love in the 21st Century is my vote.

Who talked Glenn into that video & that dye job? I would like to slap them!! And was that Glenn dressed & acting like PeeWee Herman?

The video reminds me of the one Madonna did for her song - Open Your Heart.

That's Glenn alright. The many looks of Glenn Frey in this video include:

Blond Singer / Guitarist

Blond Glenn-Elvis

Blond Corporate Perv watching strippers

Pee-Wee-Herman Perv (redundant, I know)

Working-Class Perv watching girls mud wrestle (at least we get to see some chest)

Glenn as some kind of priest (??)

I also cast my vote for Love in the 21st Century.