Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132 LastLast

Thread: Glenn Frey Music Video Survivor

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Glenn Frey Music Video Survivor

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    Looks like this is deeper than just a video survivor! Battle of the wives! Do you want to keep Janie's video, Or Cindy's!!
    Or just some random blonde who picks him up in a bar?

I'll stick with River of Dreams despite the fluffy chick.

River of Dreams.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    It's got nothing to do with wives for me. Smuggler's Blues plays like an exciting movie, and Glenn doesn't get it in the end - his bad guy character does (although it's possible he faked his death and was put in the witness protection program, lol).

River of Dreams also plays like a movie: a really cutesy chick flick. That has its virtues, but for me, action/adventure wins out every time if it's well done... and Smuggler's Blues is. There's a reason why it's an award-winning video, and it's not because it features Janie (although she certainly looks the part of the ultra chic debutante - until the booking, that is, lol)!

Plus, that interrogation sequence where Glenn gets more and more unkempt and unbuttoned is pretty hot.

I cast my vote for River of Dreams.
    I completely agree with this. It has never been about the wives for me either & everything else Soda says about the SB video is correct in my opinion.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

I was just having a laugh saying that about the wives!! I wouldn't vote this round based on which wife I preferred either!

Soda!! Those pics have convinced me. Gonna keep Smugglers Blues and vote off 'River of Dreams' much and all as I like it!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

River of Dreams is my vote too. But I still love it!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

I didn't even know both of Glenn's wives were in Smuggler's Blues and River of Dreams. I really didn't pay attention to the women in the video.

I have a good idea of what video I do want to win.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I absolutely adore the River of Dreams song and video. However, as gorgeous as the song is, I don't think the video quite measures up to Smuggler's Blues or You Belong To the City. To me, it's just not quite as cinematic or conceptually strong, even though it is uber romantic. I know which song I want to win as well, but since there's no need for anymore strategy in the game, I'll vote straight up this time. Even though it pains me to do so ...

I cast my vote for River of Dreams.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Default Results for Round 14: Say goodbye to your river of dreams

The next video to be eliminated from the Glenn Frey Music Video Survivor is River of Dreams’. “River of Dreams”, you probably spent another sleepless night with so much on your mind. Think you finally know what's wrong – you’ve gotta leave this place behind because the tribe has spoken. Whaduya say ‘let’s pack up that Camaro, honey and leave the island immediately. The final two videos may now step forward for the final round ...

Smuggler's Blues vs You Belong To the City

Votes
    River of Dreams – 9
    Smuggler’s Blues – 2

Vote Breakdown
    River of Dreams – shunlvswx
    River of Dreams – WalshFan88
    River of Dreams – Freypower
    River of Dreams – sodascouts
    River of Dreams– UndertheWire
    River of Dreams – sad-café
    River of Dreams – Glennsallnighter
    River of Dreams– Brooke
    River of Dreams – Ive always been a dreamer
    Smuggler’s Blues – Prettymaid
    Smuggler’s Blues – Lamorna

Videos eliminated:
    Love in the 21st Century 10/29
    The Shadow of Your Smile 10/31
    I've Got Mine 11/02
    Some Kind Of Blue 11/04
    Route 66 11/06
    Livin' Right 11/08
    The Heat Is On 11/10
    I Found Somebody 11/12
    Part of Me, Part of You 11/14
    True Love 11/16
    Sexy Girl 11/18
    Soul Searchin' 11/20
    The One You Love 11/22
    River of Dreams 11/24

Videos remaining:

Smuggler's Blues
    You Belong to the City

We’re at the last round. This round is special, so it’s done differently. We’re not going to vote for the video we want to go. We’re going to vote for the video we want to win. This is how they do it on the real show, after all.

Once again...

VOTE FOR THE VIDEO YOU WANT TO WIN!

A strong case was made for Smuggler’s Blues last round. I agree that it is a great video. But now, I am going to make my argument for You Belong To the City. As good as Smuggler’s Blues is, I still don’t think it is quite as unique, sophisticated, and artistic as You Belong To the City. The plot for Smuggler’s Blues almost writes itself whereas YBTTC’s story is so creative, yet fits with the song beautifully.

I think YBTTC is an exceptionally well-crafted video in every way. The storyline, together with the amazing use of photography, make this video about as cinematic as you can get. There are many things I love about it, but I think the thing that most attracts me is how effectively the sense of motion in the video captures the perpetual pace of city life. Also, the way that the Miami Vice clips are interspersed throughout is also really well done. I love the way the story of life in the city is told using the constant motion and the one night stand. It combines perfectly with the relentless pulsating beat of the music to drive home the message that even with all the hoards of activity and people everywhere, life can still be empty and lonely - perfectly portrayed in the final scene as Glenn prepares to walk back out into the busy streets alone after the one night stand.

And speaking of the one night stand, I think it was a really smart move to have the girl pursue Glenn rather than the other way around. It just makes the one night stand seem not as icky. Glenn seems interested in the girl because he even goes into the bar after spotting her through the window. So why does he leave the bar and not pursue her? Does he think she is out of his league since she appears to be a rich, high class girl, or is it maybe that when she is, obviously, annoyed at the guy that tries to hit on her, Glenn figures she is not on the make? Either way, he doesn’t want to take the chance of rejection. Of course, once she pursues him, he’s not gonna turn down a sure thing.

And speaking of the amazing photography, I want to mention the shots of the twin towers in the video. For me, those gorgeous shots add such an emotional dimension to the video. Of course, at the time this video was made, the towers were photographed because they epitomized life in the city. However, now, I am very moved every time I see how beautifully these images are immortalized for all eternity in this video. Of course, that was never the intent, but talk about an emotional punch – WOW!!!

So without further ado ...

I vote for You Belong To the City to win this game!!!

I love both of them. Both videos are hot and made Glenn a huge star too.

I hated this song for years and the video didn't help either. I was in elementary school and I didn't follow Glenn's career back in the 80s(heck I only listen to R&B and rap music back in the 80s. I wasn't allowed to listen to this kind of music. I changed my music taste in the 90s when I was in high school), but I remembered this song from a certain tv show that I used to watch when I was a kid. This song and The Heat Is On is what I remembered being played a lot in the 80s even though I didn't know who the artist was until later on. This video has grown on me and the song.

So I'm going to go with:
    You Belong to the City.