Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Hell Freezes Over: Your Favourite Moments!

Default Re: Hell Freezes Over: Your Favourite Moments!

One of my favourite moments has always been when Don forgets the words to "Learn To Be Still" & he & Glenn share a laugh. It was interesting to find out in the HotE documentary that that moment was a real icebreaker for the band & eased the tension from then on.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennLover View Post
    One of my favourite moments has always been when Don forgets the words to "Learn To Be Still" & he & Glenn share a laugh. It was interesting to find out in the HotE documentary that that moment was a real icebreaker for the band & eased the tension from then on.

That's also one of my favorite moments!

But the best moment for me has always been when they sang "The Heart of the Matter".
    It makes me teary everytime, such a good song and wonderfully performed.

"When you got no life to lose. Well, there's nothin' left to gain"

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

That's also one of mine, GL! They are both really cute during that!

I'm thinking I need to have another watch! Maybe this weekend!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Border Troubadour

Been a looooooong time since I watched it, but I recall Joe, Felder, Glenn and TBS all did a bit of jumping / bobbing up and down towards the end of The Last Resort; that was fun to watch.

Also good to see Desperado with Don H. and Glenn on their respective original instruments, and Tequila Sunrise with Felder on mandolin - Bernie needs to bring that back for HOTE!

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by DivineDon View Post
    I know people have their favourites and you can tell I'm no exception but from my perspective of being a Don Henley fan from the 80s, I had no idea he had been in the Eagles. I didn't know Glenn save a few performances on Miami Vice. It had been 14 years since they 'took a break' so Don would have been the best known to a new generation from his hits. Of course they weren't to know that the diehard Eagles fans would always stick by them but if they were unsure of how they would be accepted then they had to showcase their most well known star and that was Don Henley. I think HFO was brilliant and Don was undoubtedly the star for the reasons I've outlined. Subsequently, of course, once they saw how the fans reacted to them, they were able to gain more confidence and showcase all the members. However, I don't think you can blame Don for his prominent role.

I know friends of mine who have barely heard of the Eagles when asked only recognize Hotel California and Don Henley, they haven't a clue about any of the other members including (and I know some people won't like me saying this - Glenn). Not everyone is committed to their favourites as we are, I'm afraid.
    I certainly don't blame Don or anyone else for showcasing Don in HFO DVD - but, I do think it was a bit of a misstep. Of course, it's always easy to second guess their decision as an outsider and with the benefit of retrospect. I'm sure they were being given tons of 'resumption' advice and did what they thought was best at the time. But, even if they thought it was a good idea to showcase Don, I think they could have done that with Eagles songs. I'm just glad they used a different approach with the live HFO shows as they were more even-handed in the distribution of face time for the other members.

And, I don't dislike your post DD, but I do disagree somewhat. IMO, the average fan that was around in the 70's and 80's probably know who Glenn and Joe are - not just the hardcores like us. However, beyond that, I agree that the younger generation may not recognize their names.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Border Troubadour

Fair enough, like you say, we all have our own opinions
    ...Well it sure makes you wonder the things that some people will say. They can see black and white but they don't seem to notice the grey...

one of my favorite parts is seeing them do "Get Over It"...love that song!!!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Yes, z, and that reminds me of Don's fist pump! So cute!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Out on the Border Restless Heart's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer
    IMO, the average fan that was around in the 70's and 80's probably know who Glenn and Joe are - not just the hardcores like us. However, beyond that, I agree that the younger generation may not recognize their names.
    I was born in 1980, and the only Eagles I'd heard of were Don Henley and Glenn Frey when the Hell Freezes Over reunion happened. No idea who Joe Walsh or any of the other Eagles were. Now I realize I was missing out.

I'm so young I hadn't heard anything about the Eagles before I started getting into old music. HC, Desperado and NKIT were the first songs I discovered and Don the first Eagle I learned the name of, then Glenn. I also knew there were two other(original) members. I didn't know Joe and Timothy existed before I watched HOTE.

just a young newcomer's opinion