Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Hell Freezes Over: Your Favourite Moments!

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter
    MF next time you are going to post a topic like this please oh please give me ample notice so I can plan my holidays around it

And I make no apology for the Glenn bias! Hope you like them MF
    LOL, GA! I'm sorry that I posted this topic while you were on holiday, but after having watched HFO that particular evening, I was so inspired that I just HAD to do it as soon as possible!

No, you don't have to apologise for the Glenn bias - Mrs Frey understands how you feel. My favourite moments largely involved Glenn too, although I did include the others as well! Yes, I loved your moments, GA, especially points 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5... that's all of them, though, isn't it? Okay, I ESPECIALLY enjoyed point 3, regarding Glenn's hotness as he talks about putting forth new material. He sounds so commanding and in control there... OH! Be still, my heart...

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

I really enjoyed all your HFO moments. I think there is not a single moment left you haven't mentioned. At least I can't remember of any. Ummmm... I didn't plan anything for tonight so I think it's time to watch HFO again.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

An Excellent plan EF! Enjoy
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

I finally got my HFO DVD back from my co-worker who has had it since before Christmas. I watched it tonight - can you say "withdrawals?" - and can now add my own two cents on this topic. Just as some of the above comments were Glenn-centric, my favorite moments are Don (Henley not Felder)-centric.

I love Don H.'s red and gray plaid shirt. I think that's got to be my favorite of his plaids - and he has a lot, doesn't he? And the black jeans - yowza!

I just love Don's look - period. The wardrobe, the eyes, the hair, the eyes, the smile, the eyes, the eyes, the eyes....did I mention the eyes? Nice work camera crew! There were plenty of "oh my sweet Jesus" moments!

Moments that made me smile : Don smiling at Tim during HC, his huge smile/laugh at the beginning of Take It Easy (it made him look so boyish), his little smirk after introducing Get Over It, all of his intense "drum-playing" grimaces

Moments that made me swoon : Watching him play the drums especially on Life in the Fast Lane, The Last Resort - I think he looked particularly sexy during this number, Get Over It - damn, he rocked in this song!

I have a question about the credits. I noticed for the first time that Best of My Love is listed in the final credits. When I saw that I thought to myself, "Whoa! Did I black out for a few minutes while watching this?" It, of course, is not on the DVD, but I thought it was interesting that it was listed. Does anyone know the story behind that? I'm assuming it was edited out (bummer!), but were any other songs in the original performance and then edited out (but not listed)? That's a real shame that BOML didn't make the cut.
    "You don't have to prove nothin' to nobody, just take good care of yourself."

Stuck on the Border

Don was not happy with the performance of BOML and so it was omitted.

The other songs that were omitted were One Of These Nights, Heartache Tonight, Peaceful Easy Feeling and Lover's Moon. Anyone who has heard the versions of PEF and Lover's Moon can tell you that they should have been included.

FP, I agree with you particularly about PEF. The "Second Night" version makes me melt...

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

Default Re: Hell Freezes Over: Your Favourite Moments!

This thread is freaking ancient, but I thought I would revive it since 20 years ago today, the Eagles started filming Hell Freezes Over in Burbank, CA! What an epic day this was!!!!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

ok could someone please tell me what is this second night version I keep seeing referred to?

My favorite moment? That's easy! Help Me Through the Night in it's entirety! When they did that song I nearly fell off my seat. Wish they would bring it back.

Wintertime is a razor blade that the devil made
    It's the price we pay for the summertime - J.W. '69

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

tt - The HFO DVD was filmed on two different nights. There were several songs performed that did not make the final cut on the DVD or the CD. Right off the top of my head I can think of Peaceful Easy Feeling, The Best of My Love, One of These Nights, and Lover's Moon. I guess the band wasn't satisfied wth the performances.

Anyway, it's so hard to imagine that it's been 20 years since the 1994 resumption. The second time around has lasted over twice as long as the first!

CONGRATULATIONS EAGLES!!!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016