Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bell Centre, Montreal, QC, 11/4/13

Default Re: Eagles at Bell Centre, Montreal, QC, 11/4/13

I had written a fairly long post with some bits that I remembered from the concert so that I wouldn't forget them, but my computer went down when I tried to submit it. It will have to wait until tomorrow now, I'm afraid.

I do want to comment that there was not a "sea of gray heads" at this concert. All ages were well represented, which I was happy to see.

My husband & I really enjoyed our evening with GH & her husband. She posted some things that I had forgotten. Two heads are better than one or should I say two "memories". Mine isn't what it used to be.

I just wanted to add that when Glenn was admiring himself in the mirror, as Timothy said his name & the spotlight shone on him, he kissed the mirror just before he turned to face the audience.

I wish I was in Toronto too!

Sounds great, ladies! Love the part about Glenn and the mirror...not so much the part about texting. I've said it before and I'll say it again - I wish Glenn and Don would not reprimand their audience from the stage. I think it makes them seem small.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GlennLover View Post

I just wanted to add that when Glenn was admiring himself in the mirror, as Timothy said his name & the spotlight shone on him, he kissed the mirror just before he turned to face the audience.
    He cracks me up!
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    Sounds great, ladies! Love the part about Glenn and the mirror...not so much the part about texting. I've said it before and I'll say it again - I wish Glenn and Don would not reprimand their audience from the stage. I think it makes them seem small.

"Au contraire".....I think it should be announced at the beginning of the show with the other announcements re pics, cell phones, etc....but if the "light" showing from the "texts" bothers them, then they have a right to say something...and he received a huge round of applause when he said it..I know I'm probably in the minority, but all gadgets should be turned off at a concert, theatre, etc.....
    I remember being in a musical a few years back, and a lady sitting in the first row, was on her phone talking and laughing away...I could NOT believe it...I think she should've been shown the door....

Quote Originally Posted by Glennhoney View Post
    "Au contraire".....I think it should be announced at the beginning of the show with the other announcements re pics, cell phones, etc....but if the "light" showing from the "texts" bothers them, then they have a right to say something...and he received a huge round of applause when he said it..I know I'm probably in the minority, but all gadgets should be turned off at a concert, theatre, etc.....
    I remember being in a musical a few years back, and a lady sitting in the first row, was on her phone talking and laughing away...I could NOT believe it...I think she should've been shown the door....
    I agree. I thought Glenn was very tactful in the way he made the request. He wasn't offensive at all. He explained that it was distracting for them. He asked that they not text, saying something to the effect of,"even if you are saying that this is the greatest band you have ever seen". The crowd certainly agreed with him, as you said.

We can start a new thread if anyone wants to. I don't want to take away from your great show!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Sounds like an amazing concert! So happy that all the guys are having a great time. And Glenn has such a wonderful mischievous sense of humor!

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Thanks again, GL and GH for all of your comments. And was there ever any doubt that the show would be awesome! As far as the texting issue, I like GH's idea of adding this to the preshow announcements. I can see both sides of the issue - while the band making the announcement may be uncomfortable for some people, I can also see where it would be distracting for the band.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Lovin' your comments about the show, Gh & GL! I'm so glad you had a good time, but I knew you would!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten