Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Madison Square Garden NYC Nov. 8th

Default Madison Square Garden NYC Nov. 8th

Wow!! I thoroughly enjoyed the MSG Concert last night!! It was my first Eagles concert and I have to say I was not disappointed!! I heard a rumor that the Eagles just stand there and play their instruments. Last night the band dispelled that rumor! They weren't doing acrobatics but they were moving and rocking just as they should. After reading all the same comments and jokes they make at every show I still enjoyed the banter on stage. The audience was having a great time. For others that were there last night any thoughts on the comment that Glenn made that's he's been living in NY for the last year? I really don't suspect he takes the subway that much but you never know.

So glad I finally made it to see the Eagles. Everyone going to tonight and Monday have a great time!!

Default Re: Madison Square Garden NYC Nov. 8th

Good to hear from you ES. So glad you had a good time!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    Good to hear from you ES. So glad you had a good time!

Super stoked for tonight! I'm heading into NYC in about 3 hours to check into our hotel, sorry I can't make the preparty dinner, but will be at Mustang Harry's for the after party gathering!

so often times it happens that we live our life in chains and we never even know we have the key.

Stuck on the Border

I'm looking forward to all the reviews from everyone here.

Meanwhile, here's another predictable one from the press.
    http://www.greenwichtime.com/news/ar...#photo-5438789

I like that picture of Joe because it reminds me of how he swings his legs around like a toddle when sitting on the box.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Just jumping in quickly to say that the Eagles were absolutely fantastic. They really rocked the place out Glenn was in great form and took masterful control of the first half. He just wore a blue t-shirt and jeans for the first half. Then he came out in a white t-shirt with a shirt over it. It was a light shirt with a checkered front and pain sleeves and back. Words fail me. Pics to follow.

Lou! Don was in great form. Smiled a lot. Gray shirt and jeans.

Joe and Timothy had a great second half. The crowd were on their feet for much of the gig and they (we) loved it.

As I say. It's a hurried post to give you all a bit of flavour!

I'll try to get back later!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Elizasong View Post
    Wow!! I thoroughly enjoyed the MSG Concert last night!! It was my first Eagles concert and I have to say I was not disappointed!! I heard a rumor that the Eagles just stand there and play their instruments. Last night the band dispelled that rumor! They weren't doing acrobatics but they were moving and rocking just as they should. After reading all the same comments and jokes they make at every show I still enjoyed the banter on stage. The audience was having a great time. For others that were there last night any thoughts on the comment that Glenn made that's he's been living in NY for the last year? I really don't suspect he takes the subway that much but you never know.

So glad I finally made it to see the Eagles. Everyone going to tonight and Monday have a great time!!
    Glenn's been living in NY?????

See???!!! He HAS been sleeping on Timothy's couch!!! Lol!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glennhoney View Post
    Glenn's been living in NY?????
    That's what he said! For the last year.

It was a great concert. We were in row 3 and folks in row 2 said they paid regular price on Ticketmaster on AmEx presale. Still third row center is a great seat and our guys are still amazing! Lots of smiles and grins from Don and that was nice. Glenn not wearing an over-shirt for first set was NICE! I'll just leave it at that...

I've seen this show countless times now but yet I still sit in awe that I'm there and get to hear them yet again. Especially OOTN and NKIT.

I'd post more but apparently we do not have WiFi here. Lizzy took a lot of pics with my camera. We'll have to wait to upload.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

What can I say? It was an amazing show from start to finish. They all looked and sounded great. It was an incredible feeling to just be in the same building with these guys. Even though our seats were high up, we were right over Timothy's side of the stage. I'm glad I had my binoculars too. The new"bridge" they built blocks the top half of the video screen from the high seats, so I was really happy when they finally got the smaller screens by us working during Lyin' Eyes. I had tears in my eyes when Timothy sang ICTYW and tears running down my face during LWKUA. Last year at this time we were just hearing about his health issues and here I was hearing him in person. What a wonderful feeling! To everyone going to these shows, treasure every moment. You will not be disappointed.

Thanks so much for posting those partial reviews Can't wait for the rest!