Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Madison Square Garden, NYC - Nov. 9, 2013

Default Re: Madison Square Garden NYC - Nov. 9th

Quote Originally Posted by sad-cafe View Post
    I agree that they should record the new WW It is great.
    omg...I'm totally in love with it!!!...can't get it out of my head...it's always been a favorite of mine...but the new arrangement is off the charts!!!

Border Troubadour prayfordaylight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    I'll just add things as I think of them! Here's one thing I noticed, and someone said they'd noticed this at other concerts... I think it's a bit weird, but during the intermission, the stage floor gets 'Swiffered' by two or three people.
    I've definitely seen this at other shows, most prominently when I saw Van Halen last year. I want that job!
    -Ali

You can see the stars and still not see the light.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Cool shirts and fabulous pictures everyone! Thanks for sharing!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Thank you for your comments, pics and videos, guys!!!!!

"Come on baby, don't say maybe ... I gotta know if your sweet love is gonna save me ..." (Take it easy)

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

So finally I have a little bit of time to share some of my thoughts on Saturday nights gig, and share a few pictures.

Let me first say what a thrill it was for me to be back in NYC so soon after my last trip there in March. Desperada and I were still on 'Dublin' time, so after about 3 hours sleep from Friday night decided we couldn't sleep any longer. After buffet breakfast in the hotel, we headed to Bloomingdales, and then met Dreamer at the Rockefeller Centre for lunch before doing 'Top of the Rock'. After that we had time to get back to the hotel and change for the gig.

I loved meeting even more people at the VIP dinner, including HH's friends who had come for the gig, and I bought quite a bit of merchandise. I was thrilled too to see that I had row 3 seat 2 centre - in layperson's terms..... right under Glenn !

In terms of the setlist etc, the gig was broadly similar to Fridays gig, but having the seat so near to the stage just made it extra special. I remember Glenn saying in LA about the show moving too quickly, and I definitely had that sensation. They passed seamlessly from one wonderful song to another, interspersed with documentary points from Don and Glenn . This is far more than just a standard concert or 'gig'. It really does give the feeling of a show.

I too noticed that Glenn did not mention living in NYC on Saturday - maybe he moved out when he heard how many Borderers were there to see him.

Some personal highlights (apart from the whole show) were

Glenn wore the blue shirt that I had been hoping to see him in for the first half of the show.

Once again, 'Already Gone'. The video story going on in the background is amazing IMHO and also Glenn looks more than cute in it!

HT, where Glenn really gets the audience going by clapping out the intro. They all seem to interact with the audience as a crowd.

Timothy getting the different areas of the arena to cheer! It was like a competition.

Joe and Glenn jamming with each other at the start of Funk 49. Generally Joe was in blistering form!

Otis was there and brought a guitar out to Glenn at one point in the second half. There seemed to be a little interaction between them which was very cute although for the life of me I didn't hear it!!

OK, now I don't want to be taken away by this or assume anything but during 'The Long Run' I was singing along and looking at Glenn while Don was singing. I had seen Glenn shake his head at the 'Did you do it for love' bit on Friday night. But he looked at me as he was singing it so I shook my head too. Then Don sang 'Did you Do It for Money?' Then I THINK Glenn looked straight at me and he mouthed to me 'I did it for the money'. I smiled at him and half laughed and then he laughed and went on with it. He looked so cute when he laughed. I dunno. I think he sang it to me, but would hate to claim it if he didn't. KWIM. On Sunday I mentioned it and VA said that he did sing it to someone.... so......

At the end of the show when they had finished Desperado I had left my seat and was watching Glenn walking around the stage thanking people and giving picks to someone I think he knew. I was trying to catch his eye when I felt someone's hand on my left hand, like they were trying to shake it!! I turned, looked up and TIMOTHY was putting a guitar pick into my hand. I looked at him, smiled and thanked him and he smiled back at me and then he was gone. The pick is dark with his name in cute silver writing. I will post it when I upload it to photobucket! I was just so surprised I was shaking.
    Of course Laura has asked have I washed my hand since......

I think this was the best Eagles performance I have ever been at. As others have said (and I know I'm preaching to the converted) if you can at all get to even one show of this tour...
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border

GA, I am really happy that Tim gave you a pick & that Glenn did that. Of course he knows who you are. His memory for his real fans seems to be excellent.

Thanks FP!
    A few pictures......

From the first part of the show

For Stephanie....

Will was in fine form, and has picked up another fan in the form of my best friend at work!!

Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

More from the first half

Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Going into the second half

Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Don with a guitar...

and another one for Steph!

Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP