Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Madison Square Garden NYC - Nov 11th

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Default Re: Madison Square Garden NYC - Nov 11th

I'm still processing everything too! But I DO remember on Saturday night (and I was in Row 3) Glenn giving a bit of narrative. Then he finished with words similar to 'and put that away and stop texting'. He DID sound a little put out as opposed to angry. It was quite early on in the show too. The person would have been in the first or second row I'd say.

I looked at Brenda in disbelief that anyone with the privilege of such a good seat would WANT to text! And I'd've been mortified if Glenn ever admonished me from stage!

The ushers told everyone individually as they sat down not to either text or video so it's not like anyone was doing it in innocence
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Border Troubadour prayfordaylight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Topkat View Post
    Sorry to hear about the creepy guys in front of you during the show. Kind of puts a damper on it, but you have to try & just tune them out (if that is at all possible) On Sat night, right before the encore, the chick next to me spills a soda all over the floor, not by her, but on floor in front of my seat. Was so pissed that I had to stand in soda puddle, so I moved up to front row of our section, then this guy behind me moves into my seat, where I had coat, cc & etc. Just annoying. My friend told me that on Fri night, she put her pocketbook on seat next to her & some dude was almost going to grab it on his way out. You have to watch it every minute.
    Ugh I hate drink spillers. The same thing just happened to me at a football game on Sunday.

When I know I'm sitting close up I take a smaller crossbody purse that I can keep on me so I don't have to worry about it. I got one at Target for like $10.
    -Ali

You can see the stars and still not see the light.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by ktdids View Post
    I was at all 3 shows, and haven't had a chance to process it all even after a couple of days, and I was waiting for the comments about the texting to come from Glenn or Don. Glenn only made a brief mention at the Friday night show, didn't say anything on Saturday night and on Sunday had a real long go about how it distracts them on stage. I thought it was odd how he spoke about it, but after hearing about what the crowd in front was like, I now know the reason why! Sorry to hear about that happening and affecting the show for everyone over there.

What I find really interesting about my experiences at all the shows, is that despite what was going on around me that might ruin the show for me, I can only look back and just remember how good the shows were, and how amazing it was to be there! There was the wafting of the weed all around me, people up and down every minute back and forth in the aisle - really, aisle seats are the worst sometimes, and WHY are people missing the show walking back and forth?? - and a fight nearly breaking out between the guy on my right and some other guy in the row behind us. But I can really look back and not let it ruin everything else about the show for me. I guess it also helps that these were my first Eagles shows ever, I'm still new to it all!
    ktdids - I really enjoyed reading your post. It's always great to hear back about an Eagles 'virgin's' first experiences. I haven't had time to post much since I got home, but I'll try to gather my thoughts soon. But, I just wanted to say, I agree with you about the crowd. As obnoxious as some of them can be at times, it would be hard for anyone to ruin the show for me. Just sayin' ...

And once again - it was GREAT meeting so many Borderers again or for the first time!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

It was great meeting you too Kay! Hope we do it again some time
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border Thirsty&Hot's Avatar

yes, like GA, I do remember Glenn briefly scolding someone for texting on Saturday night. I was like wth? who would be texting right now?! nuts!

and I guess I was pretty lucky..i was kind of in the middle of my row, but I don't think anyone got up from my row at all. people came late, the row in front of me, but nothing could get in the way of me having a blast and enjoying the show! it was probably the most important day of my life this year haha and i'm not kidding...i was like..nothing is going to ruin this for me! (If you saw my post for nov 9..I was sick)

That being said..the only thing my sickness did ruin was my ability to go out after the show and meet everyone...I really wish I had been able to..and in hindsight I wish I would've soldiered on and gone out anyway. who knows when the opportunity to meet you all will arise again! :/ of course I can say that now that I'm better and watching the History of the Eagles bonus concert disc and raring to go!

Saturday also took my EAGLES live virginity hehe
    and like actual virginity being taken...just leaves you wanting it again and again and again haha
    If I can't have it all, just a taste will do...

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thirsty&Hot View Post
    Saturday also took my EAGLES live virginity hehe
    and like actual virginity being taken...just leaves you wanting it again and again and again haha
    Congrats on losing it, T&H. I remember when I lost mine... Like the actual one, when it was over, all I could think was 'It's over already?'
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border Thirsty&Hot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    Congrats on losing it, T&H. I remember when I lost mine... Like the actual one, when it was over, all I could think was 'It's over already?'
    hahaha exactly!
    If I can't have it all, just a taste will do...

Out on the Border

In the better late than never category, here are a few photos I took. I mostly took pictures of Timothy, which are on my Timothy website, but I did try to get something of everyone. Didn't get anything good of Bernie but here are the other guys.
    Karen

Thanks! And please feel free to link to your site.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Great pics! Thanks!

BTW, it was so nice to see you again and get a chance to know you better. Hope to meet you again soon at another Eagles adventure!
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.