Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Eagles at London O2 - Jun 18, 2014

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Default Re: Eagles at London O2 - Jun 18, 2014 (extra date)

Quote Originally Posted by secret squirrel View Post
    I don't think there will be any more London dates. It’s not because the Eagles aren’t popular; they could sell out a week, I'm sure. It’s the fault of the system at The 02. This is how it goes. The 02 announces one or two dates and then judges by the immediate reaction whether or not to add another. Usually, for acts like Fleetwood Mac or the Eagles, these sell out straight away. Here’s where the problem occurs. Once a new date is added, this does not appear on the main website, the homepage but only comes up when you click on tickets for the original date. If you’ve already tried and found there are no tickets, or if you know you can't make that date, you are unlikely to click on it and find the new one but this is the only way (to begin with) that you can access the new date. Therefore, sales for this new date are really slow in comparison to the first ones. This means that The 02 decides not to add another date. We found this out when trying to book for Fleetwood Mac. Our friend was on the phone and she had brought up an extra date that we couldn’t find on the website anywhere. The second Eagles date was not accessible on the main webpage for days.

SS
    xx
    http://sshh-sshh.blogspot.co.uk/2013...called-it.html
    Just when I thought Ticketmaster would win the award for ineptness...
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by secret squirrel View Post
    I don't think there will be any more London dates. SS
    xx
    http://sshh-sshh.blogspot.co.uk/2013...called-it.html
    You are probably right SS. The evening the European dates were released I checked out the eaglesband website.

3 dates for Dublin were posted, 4th, 6th and 7th June. About an hour later they took the two later ones down and have released them individually more recently. (All my frends who I told there would be 3 dates now think I have inside info and at least one phone number lol)

Similarly the site put up two London dates, took one down and now have reposted it.

There are also other UK venues too so I suppose they are spreading their custom!!

I'm surprised that Belfast hasn't got a date. They were very popular there last time.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Border Desperado

Yes, get in there, Block A1, row 11 in front of Tim as far to the left as possible, got the tickets for Friday 20th.

Happy chappy, can't speak for the wife though ?yes she said I have seen them 4 times already ??????????????/ what the hell does that mean to me ?

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    You are probably right SS. The evening the European dates were released I checked out the eaglesband website.

3 dates for Dublin were posted, 4th, 6th and 7th June. About an hour later they took the two later ones down and have released them individually more recently. (All my frends who I told there would be 3 dates now think I have inside info and at least one phone number lol)

Similarly the site put up two London dates, took one down and now have reposted it.

There are also other UK venues too so I suppose they are spreading their custom!!

I'm surprised that Belfast hasn't got a date. They were very popular there last time.
    But looks like I was wrong - as I posted a while ago - they added another date (20). In the end, we went for Hot Tickets (more expensive but way closer) and have hopefully great tickets for one night and average ones for another night.

SS
    xx
    http://sshh-sshh.blogspot.co.uk/2013...ing-there.html

Default Re: Eagles at London O2 - Jun 18, 2014

I was wrong too! But delighted for those of you that will get to see both nights. I have hot tickets for Dublin, and a 'VIP Experience' pack for London the first night. Hopefully we can meet up there before the show.
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    I was wrong too! But delighted for those of you that will get to see both nights. I have hot tickets for Dublin, and a 'VIP Experience' pack for London the first night. Hopefully we can meet up there before the show.
    Do you know what your VIP experience includes? We're in the second row on 18th June. We have tickets way back on 16 June and may try to sell them. Need to consult with our Dad who's supposed to come one night.

Be great to meet some Borderers.

SS
    xx
    http://sshh-sshh.blogspot.co.uk/2013...ing-there.html

No! That's the funny thing. It didn't say, but I got the best that was available. To be honest, once my seat is good I'm happy! I may email them closer to the date, I'd also like to see if they will give me a seat on Glenn 's side if they can.
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

I did not know! I've really missed a lot! I'm glad that the guys give concerts in the UK and Ireland.I am happy for all which have tickets!
    now they just need to come to Germany!
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

Stuck on the Border

I will take this opportunity to mention that the number of European dates seems very small at the moment.

I've noticed that too FP. I would have thought Germany would have been included and at least one other night in Holland.

The same has happened with Taylor Swift. She announced some 5 dates in London and one in Germany. But no sign of anywhere else. I wonder are the main venues booked out already?
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP