Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Warner Cable Arena, Charlotte, NC - 11/15/2013

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Default Warner Cable Arena, Charlotte, NC - 11/15/2013

I've read quite a few tweets about it, but this sums up the issue from a reporter at the arena.

TOO hot at Eagles concert tonight? Concertgoers say unbearable. 90-ish degrees inside. People getting sick. Leaving early. #at11 @WBTV_News
    This is too bad. How hard can it be for an established arena to control the temperature? I'm kind of glad now that I didn't make the trip, I was very close to taking the day off and going.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Default Re: Warner Cable Arena, Charlotte, NC - 11/15/2013

That's a pity! I hope the boys themselves are ok and didn't get overheated.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Yeah I thought it was hot in MSG - but I guess not compared to this. That's a shame - what a way to ruin a concert experience for those folks.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

I saw a couple of tweets about the heat before the concert even started, and it seemed those who were complaining were up in the nosebleed sections. Heat rises and all that. I was overheated at MSG, but for a different reason.
    VK

Out on the Border

I was on the floor and was sweating already before the show started but it actually got cooler as the show went on. The venue must have had enough complaints that they turned some air on.

Karen

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    I saw a couple of tweets about the heat before the concert even started, and it seemed those who were complaining were up in the nosebleed sections. Heat rises and all that. I was overheated at MSG, but for a different reason.

Quote Originally Posted by klmeps View Post
    I was on the floor and was sweating already before the show started but it actually got cooler as the show went on. The venue must have had enough complaints that they turned some air on.

Karen
    I thought you said you were going to this one, and was wondering how you were faring! Glad it wasn't too bad once it got started.
    VK

VK

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    I finally made front row (staring upward all night!) -- It looked like Glenn had a cold or runny nose and sore throat, Joe seemed a little off kilter too.. but Don took any slack and stepped up - LOVED the new arrangement of Witchy Woman.. think they should release this version. Timothy looks tired too, maybe 42 straight sell outs, they should take a little rest.. but they just keep on rockin' it... & Bernie was solid too, loved the Banjo picking!

I read that VIP lost the contract moving into 2014 ... think that is a good thing. Wasn't worth all the extra hoopla (IMHO) -- Wish you could just pay and get the ticket on the front row.. Maybe the new company will have better packages..
    Sandy

Quote Originally Posted by Skpx View Post
    I finally made front row (staring upward all night!) -- It looked like Glenn had a cold or runny nose and sore throat, Joe seemed a little off kilter too.. but Don took any slack and stepped up - LOVED the new arrangement of Witchy Woman.. think they should release this version. Timothy looks tired too, maybe 42 straight sell outs, they should take a little rest.. but they just keep on rockin' it... & Bernie was solid too, loved the Banjo picking!

I read that VIP lost the contract moving into 2014 ... think that is a good thing. Wasn't worth all the extra hoopla (IMHO) -- Wish you could just pay and get the ticket on the front row.. Maybe the new company will have better packages..
    OH and it was HOT but I thought it was just me...
    Sandy

Quote Originally Posted by Skpx View Post
    VIP Nation did lose the contract, but they've been replaced with On The List Presents. I've mentioned it several times, but I should probably made a dedicated thread for it. Same deal as VIP Nation except you buy the tickets on Ticketmaster (the package you want is in the dropdown) and you find out right away where your seat is. The prices are higher, no big surprise. Front row is $950 and their goodie-bag comes with a jean jacket. Not sure that's worth the $65 uptick. VIP package (2nd row thru 10) is $650, and I forget what the Fan package is. I bought a VIP package for Cincinnati, we'll see how it goes. OTL is not doing Europe.
    VK