Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: BJCC Arena, Birmingham, AL, November 18, 2013

Default Re: BJCC Arena, Birmingham, AL, November 18, 2013

Hi everyone--DonFan here! I just wanted to drop in for a moment to say hello and say what a good time I had visiting with Soda Monday night! The concert was AMAZING! I went with my hubby and another couple who had never seen the Eagles before and they absolutely adored the show. My boss took his 16 yr old son and they said the same thing. He said he has taken his son to see Fleetwood Mac, Bruce Springsteen and others and he thought the Eagles were the best ever! Of COURSE. The highlight for me was when Don sang "Those Shoes"--I thought I would die right there--gave me chills! Soda and I had a great visit even though it was short, and we have promised to get together again--especially if Don ever releases that solo album that he keeps promising! Great to be on the board again, and I promise not to stay away so long next time.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Nice to hear from you again DF! I'm glad you and Soda got to connect and share a great evening!

Come back soon!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by DonFan View Post
    Hi everyone--DonFan here! I just wanted to drop in for a moment to say hello and say what a good time I had visiting with Soda Monday night! The concert was AMAZING! I went with my hubby and another couple who had never seen the Eagles before and they absolutely adored the show. My boss took his 16 yr old son and they said the same thing. He said he has taken his son to see Fleetwood Mac, Bruce Springsteen and others and he thought the Eagles were the best ever! Of COURSE. The highlight for me was when Don sang "Those Shoes"--I thought I would die right there--gave me chills! Soda and I had a great visit even though it was short, and we have promised to get together again--especially if Don ever releases that solo album that he keeps promising! Great to be on the board again, and I promise not to stay away so long next time.
    Wow. It is so nice to hear from you again. Please stay & I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Howdy from me too, DF. It so good to hear from you - you have been missed by some of us old-timers around here. Hope you do drop in more often.

(P.S. I knew you'd love the show, but it's great to hear that those with you loved it too.)

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Hi DF! It's so nice to see you (and your avatar) again! Wasn't the show great? Best Eagles show ever!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Thanks Brooke, Freypower, Pretty Maid and Dreamer! Great to hear from you too! I DO think this is one of the best shows ever. I wish they had sung ONE song from LROOE though--like "How Long"? Wonder why they chose to completely ignore that album? And I still admit that I like Don in a well-tailored black suit much more than that awful plaid shirt he wore Monday. Suits would not have gone with the more relaxed vibe of this show, however. But even though I still hate the plaid, I still love the man!

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by DonFan View Post
    Great to hear from you again DF! And I'm delighted you all enjoyed the HOTE show so much. It really is spectacular! That's a lovely highlight! Don is in great form right through this tour.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP