Thread: Amway Center, Orlando, FL - 11/23/2013

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Default Amway Center, Orlando, FL - 11/23/2013

A link with pictures from a local paper already.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/enter...4.photogallery
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Amway Center, Orlando, FL - 11/23/2013

I love #16. Bernie, Don and Glenn and all of them are smiling!

VK

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Unfortunately, last night's concert in Orlando had a few hiccups. Joe's guitar in WW was not working. Joe messed with it during the whole song but the amplifier never kicked in. It seemed that they extended the intro a little bit in order to give Joe a chance to fix it but then Don launched into the song. Bernie, Glenn & Tim did a great job covering for Joe. Most people probably would not have noticed Joe's guitar part missing or the problem except that Joe kept messing with the equipment. My cousin said when Joe walked back to get the guitar tech, Joe was pretty animated. So the show goes on and no more problems with Joe's guitar or equipment until HC. That's right HOTEL CALIFORNIA! Joe once again had to mess with his equipment during the song. I know nothing about guitars or the equipment but in layman's terms there was NO amplification coming out & Joe kept messing with the box in front of him. Finally a tech came out & they changed a wire but by that time most of the song was over. Steuart & Joe never really got to tear into HC like they usually do. However the good news is my cousins said they did not notice anything missing and from the conversations leaving the venue, everyone thought the concert was AWESOME, AMAZING, INCREDIBLE, FANTASTIC. Some of the audience's comments as I was leaving and that made me smile and made me very happy. I just felt so bad for Joe, I bet he was not happy. I have other observations but I need to pack. I am headed back home today.

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Baby View Post
    Unfortunately, last night's concert in Orlando had a few hiccups. Joe's guitar in WW was not working. Joe messed with it during the whole song but the amplifier never kicked in. It seemed that they extended the intro a little bit in order to give Joe a chance to fix it but then Don launched into the song. Bernie, Glenn & Tim did a great job covering for Joe. Most people probably would not have noticed Joe's guitar part missing or the problem except that Joe kept messing with the equipment. My cousin said when Joe walked back to get the guitar tech, Joe was pretty animated. So the show goes on and no more problems with Joe's guitar or equipment until HC. That's right HOTEL CALIFORNIA! Joe once again had to mess with his equipment during the song. I know nothing about guitars or the equipment but in layman's terms there was NO amplification coming out & Joe kept messing with the box in front of him. Finally a tech came out & they changed a wire but by that time most of the song was over. Steuart & Joe never really got to tear into HC like they usually do. However the good news is my cousins said they did not notice anything missing and from the conversations leaving the venue, everyone thought the concert was AWESOME, AMAZING, INCREDIBLE, FANTASTIC. Some of the audience's comments as I was leaving and that made me smile and made me very happy. I just felt so bad for Joe, I bet he was not happy. I have other observations but I need to pack. I am headed back home today.
    HB-

Glad you had fun and it sounds like the guys impressed everyone! What's not to love?

Look forward to reading more when you get home. Safe travels!

HB, it's a shame that had to happen. I imagine it's very frustrating for the guys and not what they wanted in their last show before a big break. You're right about the comments, though. No one in Twitterverse has mentioned it that I could see, and there were the usual number of tweets that said it was the best concert they've ever attended. I did see two tweets, one said it was Glenn, the other said it was Don, that told people to sit down? Still, two out of hundreds and hundreds, and that was the only thing even remotely negative that I saw.
    VK

What a shame about Joe's technical issues, but hey - he's a pro. I'm sure he's had worse happen on stage.

I love the pictures. So much so, that I had to use one as my new avatar... Sigh.

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--