Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: Happy Thanksgiving Day!

Default Re: Happy Thanksgiving Day!

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! I, too, would like to express my appreciation and gratitude for this group, my "extended Border family." I wish you all a day of peace and gratitude. Please stay safe and take care.

Quote Originally Posted by groupie2686 View Post
    Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I'm so thankful for you all and this wonderful community.

Elle- I understand, the holidays can be rough sometimes. I hope this year is better for you!
    Thanks, groupie2686. I hope so too.

Stuck on the Border

Sorry I am so late on this - I was really busy yesterday. I hope everyone had an wonderful and safe Thanksgiving.
    Mine was quite, just my sister and BIL. My family all decided to stay home and save the big family get together until next year.
    Sending best wishes to all my Border friends! Stay safe everyone !

I'm late on this, but I hope everyone had a safe and happy Thanksgiving!

Ours was very informal with only myself and my parents. No relatives, no big get togethers, no buffets, etc. It was just the right/safe/smart thing to do this year, unfortunately. I just had surgery Monday, and so it was pushing us even more in that direction, in case of the rare chance I got COVID at the hospital, even though it was an outpatient elective surgery with all precautions in place including a pre-op test. They are older and vulnerable, and I'm vulnerable as well. My father has diabetes and would be in that category as well. My mom is as healthy as a horse and is in the best shape of all of us, but I don't want her sick either.

We FaceTimed with my moms parents for about a half hour and got to talk for a bit. We had an abbreviated menu for Thanksgiving for just the 3 of us, so we didn't need a lot. But we got the usual suspects I love like dressing, homenade noodles, cheesy mashed potatoes, and cream corn! We got two pies, pecan for my parents, and pumpkin for myself. I hate pecan and they hate pumpkin so it worked out. Always my fav!

Christmas plans are very much up in the air as of now. We discussed it on FaceTime. My mom's parents always come here for Thanksgiving and we always go there for Christmas and bring our Boxer (dog) with us. They are older but Gibson is pretty gentle with them (especially if told beforehand!) and doesn't mind being put in the bathroom during dinner when the food is on the table, haha! We will make the judgment call in mid-December whether or not it will be virtual and we would do a gift swap the day before in a parking lot somewhere or if we actually can safely do a 5 person Christmas gathering at their home. The numbers around here are sky high, and I'm surrounded by loads of people who don't take the virus seriously because of political influence and so they will not wear masks or social distance. Business are refusing orders by our Governor, and local police are very much against enforcing them because I'm from Rednecksville USA unfortunately and we have a lot of Barney Fife's for cops. For those reasons, we just need to lay low for now. If a safe/effective vaccine comes out soon, we have all personally decided to get it. Because of my health problems and my grandparents age, we would be expedited to get one of the first batches locally.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

HAPPY BELATED THANKSGIVING TO ALL!!!

Our family did not celebrate Thanksgiving together this year, which is the first time ever in my lifetime. It was depressing, so, like many of you mentioned, I had plenty of time to turn my focus to the things that we have to be thankful for, which is a good thing. I spent a good part of my day organizing and planning all of the ways I can donate to charities this year to help families that have been impacted so hard by the pandemic. I have been going through my house and packing things in boxes to deliver to various organizations and will also make monetary donations. One thing I learned is that the Salvation Army really needs help this year because they aren't able to raise as much money through their traditional Red Kettle campaign. So, if any of you fellow Borderers are able to help out in any way, please consider doing so.

Here is a quote from Don's My Thanksgiving ...

I’ve got great expectations
    I’ve got family and friends
    I’ve got satisfying work
    I’ve got a back that bends
    For every breath, for every day of living
    This is my Thanksgiving

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    HAPPY BELATED THANKSGIVING TO ALL!!!

Our family did not celebrate Thanksgiving together this year, which is the first time ever in my lifetime. It was depressing, so, like many of you mentioned, I had plenty of time to turn my focus to the things that we have to be thankful for, which is a good thing. I spent a good part of my day organizing and planning all of the ways I can donate to charities this year to help families that have been impacted so hard by the pandemic. I have been going through my house and packing things in boxes to deliver to various organizations and will also make monetary donations. One thing I learned is that the Salvation Army really needs help this year because they aren't able to raise as much money through their traditional Red Kettle campaign. So, if any of you fellow Borderers are able to help out in any way, please consider doing so.

Here is a quote from Don's My Thanksgiving ...

I’ve got great expectations
    I’ve got family and friends
    I’ve got satisfying work
    I’ve got a back that bends
    For every breath, for every day of living
    This is my Thanksgiving
    Thanks for posting that, Dreamer. I don't listen to Inside Job much and had forgotten about that song. It's a good reminder that there is a lot to be thankful for, even though with the pandemic, it may feel at times that we don't. I hope that this time next year, we can all enjoy the holidays with our loved ones, in person!

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

I'm a bit late to this thread this year but I hope everyone had a very happy and safe Thanksgiving, even though I know that it may have been different from other years for many of you. Still its good to be sensible and Hopefully by next year things will be more or less back to normal. Dreamer yours sounds very productive, and Austin I hope you have recovered from your surgery. You are right to be looking for an alternative Christmas option!

Stay safe everyone!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

I haven’t been on in a while and have a lot of catching up to do, but wanted to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving!
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."