Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nelson Mandela

Default Re: Nelson Mandela

RIP.

Thanks for the kind words guys. I know I don't post very often any more but I thought you were the kind of people who would appreciate my thoughts on this at the time (and I was right, of course )

Soda I remember that well... do you recall that our money was changed not too long ago to feature Madiba's face? It's quite a poignant thing taking cash out of your wallet now.

But I think the fact that he was ill for as long as he was meant that we all knew this was coming, I think, so it hasn't been that big of a shock to the general population. I've seen something of a more sombre mood since he passed, but I've also, and perhaps I'm imagining this, but I've seen a little more kindness, a little more patience and tolerance in general, and that can never be a bad thing.

I woke up this morning with an attitude
    looked at the headline, put me in a real bad mood

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Steve - I also appreciate the time you took to give us your perspective. Thank goodness that every now and then we have someone like Nelson Mandela come into this world to help lead us along the path of righteousness. He was the epitome of showing love and respect for fellow human beings. I hope his legacy is a constant reminder of how much better we can be individually and collectively by living our lives positively.

R.I.P. Nelson Mandela

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Thunzyag

RIP Nelson Mandela, my prayers for his family.