Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What are the odds of one final album?

Border Desperado

Default Re: What are the odds of one final album?

Yeah I too do not even want to think about them retiring- for me, anyway, part of it comes from the fact that I don't want to admit to or give in to the fact that I too am getting older and the Eagles have really been in my life since the 1970's-- thinking that was 40 some years ago is so weird because it feels like it was last week.

As Soda mentioned about Fleetwood Mac, I think the Eagles may not do a whole album but may release a few new songs in time to come.

Even a few new songs would be great!! I really love Long Road Out of Eden and am a little sad they are not performing any of the songs on this tour.

I am mostly upset at myself for not "rediscovering" them sooner--loved them in the 70's, then life and school got in the way, and here I am at what is likely the end of their careers. But am determined to enjoy every minute!

Quote Originally Posted by deb828 View Post
    Even a few new songs would be great!! I really love Long Road Out of Eden and am a little sad they are not performing any of the songs on this tour.

I am mostly upset at myself for not "rediscovering" them sooner--loved them in the 70's, then life and school got in the way, and here I am at what is likely the end of their careers. But am determined to enjoy every minute!
    Don't feel bad, Deb. I just started loving their music like a few years ago even though I didn't know about their until HFO. I hate I wasn't around in the 70s. I always say I was born in the wrong decade because all of my favorite groups and singers are from the 70s. Their either are not together anymore or I don't see them coming to my state. I really hope I can try to go to New Orleans in February. Its just so hard when you can't afford the tickets.

It would be nice to have one more album or them doing like Fleetwood Mac did. Record a few songs and put that out. I hope I get to see before they really throw in the towel.

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    Don't feel bad, Deb. I just started loving their music like a few years ago even though I didn't know about their until HFO. I hate I wasn't around in the 70s. I always say I was born in the wrong decade because all of my favorite groups and singers are from the 70s. Their either are not together anymore or I don't see them coming to my state. I really hope I can try to go to New Orleans in February. Its just so hard when you can't afford the tickets.

It would be nice to have one more album or them doing like Fleetwood Mac did. Record a few songs and put that out. I hope I get to see before they really throw in the towel.
    I hope you get to see them too!! I agree the tickets are hard to afford--really went over budget to buy them for March, because I was afraid they would not come back! Good luck to you!

Heck, Don can't even get out Cass County in a timely fashion!
    (Just teasing, please don't hurt me Don!)

There's that quote in the Wiki from Timothy about how it was so difficult to make Eden so I'm guessing that they're done with all that. I also think it's rather telling that Glenn chose to record a standards album - which I really like (because I love that kind of music), it's so swoon-y - but it sort of all points to the same consideration of cultural relevance. Anyway, it is great that they're still touring so people can have closure for when it is time to bow out.
    ...I could have done so many things, baby
    if I could only stop my mind...

Some guys are born to Rimbaud
    some guys breathe Baudelaire
    some guys just got to go and put their rockets everywhere.

I see what you're saying, but I still hold out hope. I'm just not holding my breath.

Don't even get me started on how long Don has been keeping us waiting on Cass County! That thing better be freaking brilliant after all this time!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten