Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Nice Story about Glenn Frey

Default Nice Story about Glenn Frey

Hello,

I don't post often here but I thought this group would appreciate this story. I'm reading a book by Susan Hamilton called Hit Woman. Her claim to fame was she ran one of the most successful jingle companies around.

There is a chapter called "One of Those Nights". She tells a story of recording a beer commercial with Glenn Fry in the 80's. She is taken all over LA the first night she gets there at the insistence of the client and ends up in a undisclosed club with the group including Glenn. At one point she has a heart to heart conversation with him and he admits he's not interested in any of the pretty girls around them. He's more interested in a woman who's going to make him cinnamon toast in the morning, sit across from him with no make up on and ask him how his day went. And then he asked her "Do you make cinnamon toast by any chance?"

Her experience recording with him in the studio went very well. She proved to him that she knew was she was doing and he taught her some new helpful techniques on editing which he credited as learning from Don.

The last night she was there he took her out to Dan Tana's for dinner. As they were in the booth talking a strange look came over his face. He looked over her shoulder and said "what is that" pointing to a potted plant behind them. Tucked away in the potted plant was a wrapped package. the package was a large bottle of Joy perfume with a note that said "It was a joy to work with you. Glenn"

Very cool.

Default Re: Nice Story about Glenn Fry

Oh my gosh - that is too sweet for words! Nobody can say Glenn Frey doesn't know how to make someone feel special.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Ah that legendary charm strikes again...what a great story!
    ...I could have done so many things, baby
    if I could only stop my mind...

Some guys are born to Rimbaud
    some guys breathe Baudelaire
    some guys just got to go and put their rockets everywhere.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Lovely story.....Now, must stock up on that cinnamon.....!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

such a charmer he is our gf.
    hubba hubba

Border Desperado

What a nice story!!

I love that story, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Elizasong View Post
    Hello,

I don't post often here but I thought this group would appreciate this story. I'm reading a book by Susan Hamilton called Hit Woman. Her claim to fame was she ran one of the most successful jingle companies around.

There is a chapter called "One of Those Nights". She tells a story of recording a beer commercial with Glenn Fry in the 80's. She is taken all over LA the first night she gets there at the insistence of the client and ends up in a undisclosed club with the group including Glenn. At one point she has a heart to heart conversation with him and he admits he's not interested in any of the pretty girls around them. He's more interested in a woman who's going to make him cinnamon toast in the morning, sit across from him with no make up on and ask him how his day went. And then he asked her "Do you make cinnamon toast by any chance?"

Her experience recording with him in the studio went very well. She proved to him that she knew was she was doing and he taught her some new helpful techniques on editing which he credited as learning from Don.

The last night she was there he took her out to Dan Tana's for dinner. As they were in the booth talking a strange look came over his face. He looked over her shoulder and said "what is that" pointing to a potted plant behind them. Tucked away in the potted plant was a wrapped package. the package was a large bottle of Joy perfume with a note that said "It was a joy to work with you. Glenn"

Very cool.
    //what a great story and I believe every word of it...sounds just like Glenn...thanks for sharing..

Elizasong-

Thanks for sharing this story. So cute and my, how charming. Love it!

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

What a fantastic story!! Such a sweetheart!
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.