Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Nice Story about Glenn Frey

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Nice Story about Glenn Frey

What really caught my attention was this little detail:

Her experience recording with him in the studio went very well. She proved to him that she knew was she was doing and he taught her some new helpful techniques on editing which he credited as learning from Don.

Seems to me that, unlike a lot of people in the music business, Glenn is not anxious to get the full credit for everything he does and adoration that comes with it. Even here he says that he actually learned this from Don. I love that about Glenn, although I obviously don't know him. A lot of people (who don't know him any more than I do) say that he has a huge ego, but most of the actual stories I hear about Glenn - or the interviews I read - imply that he doesn't even have an ego.
    Last edited by chaim; 03-03-2014 at 07:32 AM.

Seriously! There's a photo of Glenn from a recent show where he's pointing away from himself. Here's the full version:

He's pointing towards Joe and Bernie, saying "Yep, these guys are the best."

Again, those who like to think he's an egomaniac like to ignore stuff like this because it might chip away at the preconceived notions they've already formed in many cases based on nothing but hearsay, speculation, and a 30 second clip on a documentary.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Unfortunately, I think he earned his egomaniac reputation, probably justifiably so, while on cocaine. Off the drug, he doesn't seem that way at all to me. How many interviews did he do back in 2012 where once he was off the air, the DJs commented on what a nice, down-to-earth nice guy he was? A few told me in emails later that he was by far the nicest rock star they'd ever interviewed.

Of course, he's not natured to suffer fools gladly, and he'd be that way whether a rock star or not. So of course someone on the receiving end of that would consider him to have an ego in order to avoid looking at themselves too closely.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Yeah, I see your point.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

I was hoping that would turn up as one photo. It's a classic.

I wonder how much of the70s arrogance was bravado.

Its nice to see the full version.

LIke I said in another thread.

Bernie: "You're the man."

Joe: "No. You're the man."

Glenn: "They're the man."

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

It's been photoshopped to be all one picture, but yes, if you spread them a lot further apart that's kind of what it looked like.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border Thirsty&Hot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Seriously! There's a photo of Glenn from a recent show where he's pointing away from himself. Here's the full version:

He's pointing towards Joe and Bernie, saying "Yep, these guys are the best."

Again, those who like to think he's an egomaniac like to ignore stuff like this because it might chip away at the preconceived notions they've already formed in many cases based on nothing but hearsay, speculation, and a 30 second clip on a documentary.

I love this!!
    If I can't have it all, just a taste will do...

[QUOTE=UndertheWire;269195

I wonder how much of the70s arrogance was bravado.[/QUOTE]

Young men in their 20's, with something to prove, the talent and determination to make it big? Chutzpah is a given isn't it?!? After that it's all about how charming you can be, and these boys had that in bucketfuls I'm sure!

Stuck on the Border

I haven't read that much about the Eagles, so I don't know a lot about what happened in the 70's. I didn't even know that Glenn was arrogant. My uncle has a Finnish music magazine from the HC tour era ('76?). There's an Eagles article, and the writer talks about waiting for the band in the hotel lobby after the show. (I think the gig was in Sweden). All the band members just rush by to go to their hotel rooms. All except Glenn, who stops by, asks "How you doing?" and is willing to chat even though he must be as tired as the rest of the guys.