Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Merry Christmas!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default Re: Merry Christmas!

We had a lovely Christmas too!

Christmas Eve our daughter and dnl and grandson came for supper. Our son works for UPS, so you can imagine that he had to work! He finally got there around 11:30 pm so he missed most of the evening. They all stayed the night and were there for Santa Christmas morning. Having a nearly one year old baby in the house made it lots more fun this year!

I collect Fiestaware (brightly colored dinnerware for those who don't know), so I got the cannisters and the new color place setting. Also a new pair of black jeans, a scarf, necklace and bath & body stuff.

I fixed a breakfast casserole and we then went to my sister's house for Christmas day dinner. My mom had planned to have it at her apartment but she became overwelmed and felt sick so it was moved to my sister's house just a few blocks away. We also had a gift exchange and my mom got me a new robe and pj's and slippers. We did manage to get her to come over for that. We have been suspecting depression and called the doctor today and they gave her a prescription so hopefully she will feel better soon.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Brooke - I hope your mom feels better. I know the holidays can be overwhelming for older people. I worked late Wednesday night and on the way home, I got to thinking of all the wonderful Christmases we had when my parents were alive and before you know it, I am crying and I continued to cry all the way home. I think it was a combination of being tired and missing my parents. My mom loved Christmas decorations and baking and always made it such a special time in our home.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

So did my Mom, HB. Christmas was very special to us as well and I really miss my Mom a lot this time of year, especially since she passed just a couple of weeks before Christmas day (hard to believe it's been 5 years ago).

Brooke I hope your Mom is doing okay.

And I hope all of my fellow Borderers and my favorite band all had a wonderful Christmas. I had hoped to get a chance to post this on Christmas, but it was not to be. Christmas Eve and Christmas Day are really busy for my family, but it's all worth it.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

hope your mom is ok Brooke, at least sounds like you got some really nice things from Santa, I got jewellerry too because I love earrings and such

A belated Merry Christmas and a Very happy healthy New Year!
    Had a wonderful holiday with family. Played lots of games, ate great food and laughted alot. So hard at times my belly hurt. Now that's fun.
    Hope everyone enjoyed a wonderful time! Missed my mom greatly but know her pain is over and she is looking down on me and my family smiling. Was a little sad this evening and looked down to find a brand new shiny penny face side up! I knew Mom was looking down on me and saying don't be sad for me.
    Blessings to all.

So Put Me On A Highway And Show Me A Sign
    And Take It To The Limit One More Time..............

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

It's Christmas Eve eve and I will be a very busy little elf tomorrow and Christmas day so I just want to wish everyone greetings once again and I wish you a blessed and safe Christmas! Hope everyone has a wonderful day and has lots of goodies to eat and fun with family and friends!

https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Thank you - Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you as well - and all my other Border buddies!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

It's Christmas Eve here & I don't know if I'll make it here tomorrow or Boxing Day so MERRY CHRISTMAS to all Borderers & the Eagles of course!

Stuck on the Border Jonny Come Lately's Avatar
    Watching the hazy sun sinking in the sea in England

MERRY CHRISTMAS to everyone here! Hope you all have a great time.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Merry Christmas everyone!. Hope that everyone has a great one!

I'll probably be around. I don't have any family get togethers. I don't think that my uncle is planning anything, so Christmas will pretty much just be another day.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time