Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Earlybirds DVD

Border Troubadour

Default Re: Earlybirds DVD

Might as well ask, was there more to that concert than was broadcast? Out of Control was done too, but it might have been a warm up.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirsty&Hot View Post
    wow! amazing! how did you get to go to something like that? was it on sale like a regular concert?
    My friend's Dad worked at the BBC and there were always things being recorded that you could get tickets for. The TV Centre had a large number of studios for different recordings and the Eagles were in one of those that was like a small theatre. I was 17 at the time and it was a long time ago! but I think the band was over in the UK promoting Desperado. I am pretty certain they also did a couple of regular concerts in London. The BBC recording session was for broadcasting on the tv so was not a regular concert.
    I don't think there being much more to the recording than what was broadcast but I just can't remember. I DO recall how gorgeous Glenn's and Randy's hair was and them all sitting on stools at the start. Goodness I just want to go back to the 70's again and see again all those gigs again. Great, great times.

Stuck on the Border Thirsty&Hot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Suze View Post
    My friend's Dad worked at the BBC and there were always things being recorded that you could get tickets for. The TV Centre had a large number of studios for different recordings and the Eagles were in one of those that was like a small theatre. I was 17 at the time and it was a long time ago! but I think the band was over in the UK promoting Desperado. I am pretty certain they also did a couple of regular concerts in London. The BBC recording session was for broadcasting on the tv so was not a regular concert.
    I don't think there being much more to the recording than what was broadcast but I just can't remember. I DO recall how gorgeous Glenn's and Randy's hair was and them all sitting on stools at the start. Goodness I just want to go back to the 70's again and see again all those gigs again. Great, great times.
    thanks for sharing!!
    wish I could time travel back to the 70s and see all those gigs for the first time!
    If I can't have it all, just a taste will do...

ok so as promised I have taken some photos! and VIDEO!

the pics are to come..but here are some video clips..of the moments the still shots did no justice hehe

turn your brightness and your volume up....for some reason, the volume wasn't picked up as loud as it was playing. though...even if you can't hear it...as long as you can see it

the first clip you can see on my instagram:
    http://instagram.com/p/jK64kEqdCo/

if these don't show up as playable video here, just click them and you can watch the short clips on my photobucket.
    they are about 20 seconds each.

ok you do need to hear this one!

I love way Glenn's voice squeaks when he says "I've gotta know..."

Thanks for these T&H! Mine finally came, and it plays!! Can't wait to watch.

don't mind the state of some of these tv photos...I cropped them but when I uploaded them to photobucket, somehow they went back to the original state.
    also, it's hard to take nice pictures of images that are kinda fuzzy to begin with.
    it actually looks better in motion and in person...it's not remastered which would obviously be better, but it's not too shabby..I'll take it!

the sound is actually really good! my tv volume was just low in those videos I guess.

I thought this was funny...only during James Dean, they all wore sunglasses

Quote Originally Posted by deb828 View Post
    Thanks for these T&H! Mine finally came, and it plays!! Can't wait to watch.
    hooray!!!

I'll post more photos another day.
    I didn't take too many..and a lot of Glenn hehe..especially during Tequila Sunrise

aw hell here are a few:

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Very nice, T&H! You're on a roll with all of these! Thanks again!

I need to look at what I have to see if I need to order this. I know I have the BBC stuff and Christchurch, but don't know about some of this other stuff! It would be nice to have it all on one dvd.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten