Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who do the Eagles listen to for pleasure?

Banned

Default Who do the Eagles listen to for pleasure?

I listen to the Eagles almost every day. The other day I started to wonder about who the Eagles listen to for pleasure. Who are their favorite bands or artists?

I don't know that I've read anything on the subject...

PS Not sure I am in the right thread. I have never started a topic before.

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Who do the Eagles listen to for pleasure?

They tend to talk about their influences rather than who they listen to. In the case of both Glenn & Don some names which stand out are the Beatles, Ray Charles, Randy Newman, the Beach Boys. Glenn once said he liked Ennio Morricone's film scores. He has also said that his kids give him tips on newer acts such as Bruno Mars & the Black Eyed Peas. Of course when he released After Hours we got a whole new insight into the type of music he respects - singers like Tony Bennett & Dinah Washington. He also loves his Atlantic soul & R&B, particularly Wilson, Pickett, Sam Cooke & Al Green. True Love is 'something I stole from Al Green'.

Joe said in the One Show interview that he was most upset when the Band broke up. He appeared at a couple of Levon Helm tributes.

I have no reason not to believe the mention of Tim listening to the Kingston Trio in White Boy From Sacramento (not as sure about Pat Boone but a lot of kids in that era did listen to him).

If I think of any other names I will add them. I haven't mentioned more obvious people like their peers such as Linda Ronstadt.

Timothy has mentioned he also listens to classical music

Glenn has said that he likes Lady GaGa as well.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennLover View Post
    Glenn has said that he likes Lady GaGa as well.
    oh really?..I love her!

Stuck on the Border

Because Don has covered Leonard Cohen I assume that he is a fan. What surprised me at Niagara Falls was Glenn saying Cohen was one of his favourite Canadians. I would have thought most of his songs would have been too downbeat for Glenn but there you are.

I was extremely gratified several years ago when Don covered Mark Knopfler's I'm The Fool & said when he introduced it that Knopfler was a great songwriter & guitarist, sentiments with which I concurred, putting it mildly.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Well, of course, Glenn has stated that they are big Steely Dan fans, and Glenn even covered Reelin' In the Years at the House of Blues Benefit Show that I attended.

And speaking of Leonard Cohen, I would also assume Don is a fan of Bryan Adams as well, since he recorded Everybody Knows and has performed the song with Bryan. He also collaborated with numerous country artists in his yet unreleased album, Cass County.

Joe has collaborated with lots of artists, and is, obviously, a fan of Ringo and Jeff Lynne.

And Tim has said he is a big fan of Alison Krauss. He also recorded songs on Expando with a host of artists including Graham Nash, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, and Kid Rock to name a few.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Well, of course, Glenn has stated that they are big Steely Dan fans, and Glenn even covered Reelin' In the Years at the House of Blues Benefit Show that I attended.

And speaking of Leonard Cohen, I would also assume Don is a fan of Bryan Adams as well, since he recorded Everybody Knows and has performed the song with Bryan. He also collaborated with numerous country artists in his yet unreleased album, Cass County.

Joe has collaborated with lots of artists, and is, obviously, a fan of Ringo and Jeff Lynne.

And Tim has said he is a big fan of Alison Krauss. He also recorded songs on Expando with a host of artists including Graham Nash, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, and Kid Rock to name a few.
    I wasn't aware Don & Bryan Adams had performed Leonard Cohen's Everybody Knows together. I thought Don had just recorded the song.

I remember in the History of the Eagles when they're showing the band writing "Get Over It," Glenn talks about wanting to do a riff like Chuck Berry.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    I wasn't aware Don & Bryan Adams had performed Leonard Cohen's Everybody Knows together. I thought Don had just recorded the song.
    Yep - Here it is on YouTube ...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x86k7o9vCAc[/ame]

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016