Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Los Angeles, CA at the Forum - Jan. 15, 2014

Stuck on the Border Thirsty&Hot's Avatar

Default Re: Los Angeles, CA at the Forum - Jan. 15, 2014

HH, so the front rows weren't crazy expensive like they were thru VIP nation for the other shows?
    can I ask how much your 4th row ticket was?
    If I can't have it all, just a taste will do...

Stuck on the Border Henley Honey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thirsty&Hot View Post
    HH, so the front rows weren't crazy expensive like they were thru VIP nation for the other shows?
    can I ask how much your 4th row ticket was?
    All in -- including venue fees the tickets were 213.00 each. How can you complain at that price!!???

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

OMG, amazing price! That's wonderful for such a good seat. I'm delighted that you had such a great time. If anyone going next week could pick me up one fo the mugs with the Forum on it I'd be deeply indebted to you!

HH, delighted you had such a wonderful time. When you say 'Any time, anywhere...', think you could make Dublin?
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border Henley Honey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    OMG, amazing price! That's wonderful for such a good seat. I'm delighted that you had such a great time. If anyone going next week could pick me up one fo the mugs with the Forum on it I'd be deeply indebted to you!

HH, delighted you had such a wonderful time. When you say 'Any time, anywhere...', think you could make Dublin?
    I do, GA. If I could get a comparable seat I'd go in a heartbeat!!

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Well there is only tiered seating. They have left the floor standing only. I got row 5 on tiered for about €200 each night that I am in seats.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Henley Honey View Post
    Hey Va, You're in the 2nd LA times photo!! Its the first crowd shot. Yay!!!
    Too cool VA!

And ditto for me, I would do another EAGLES adventure with any of you anytime, anywhere! I posted my thanks in the "What's happening" thread.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Thanks for all the reviews & pics. I've been chomping at the bit to get on here to see how all these shows are going. Glad I've made time this evening.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Stuck on the Border Thirsty&Hot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Henley Honey View Post
    All in -- including venue fees the tickets were 213.00 each. How can you complain at that price!!???
    wowow! amazing! that's less than what I paid for my section 101 (first balcony in the back left center) seat at MSG!
    If I can't have it all, just a taste will do...

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Well I'm finally getting a chance to post about the show. But, first of all, I want to say what a great time I had with such a fun-loving group of lovely ladies - you all are the best and like others said, I'll gladly travel with any of you anytime. It was a fun time for sure!

And now for the main event - the opening show at the forum. I think most of the highlights have already been covered, but I'll add my perspective on a couple of the 'discussion' items. This was my sixth show of this tour, and although it wasn't the best performance I've seen, I didn't think the show lacked energy - but I sure do think the crowd did, which does have an overall impact on the concert experience. Like VA said, there could've been several reasons for this, but I felt like I wanted to light up a firecracker under the audience. As for the band performances, I think they had some of those first night jitters. To my ears, both Don and Glenn each struggled a bit vocally on a few occasions. However, as others have said, that kind of thing happens with age, and overall, I thought they both sounded great. IMO, neither of their voices are 'hurting badly' - they may not sound exactly the same way they did in the 70's, but they still both sound wonderful to me. The highlights of the show for me were the Doolin-Dalton/Tequila Sunrise/Reprise trilogy and the extra encore with 7BR and How Long.

My overall impression of the Forum wasn't that great honestly. There are some definite good things - there's probably not a bad seat in the house and the floor level is nice. However, the upper level not as much. Maybe I had expected too much, but I thought it was just another 'run-of-the-mill' arena with nothing special. There are not enough bathrooms or drink stands. Maybe they will get their act together later, but the service was very slow in the drink lines. Just seemed to me that there was a lot of first night general disorganization and chaos among much of the event staff.

But - the bottom line for me is that I'm VERY glad I was there.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post

I am going Friday, I can get a mug for you! And then, if you ever see a little Irish rugby ball you can send it to me- I got one for my kids when I went to Dublin last year and it immediately went down the sewer drain in the street and they were devastated! I will pm you prior to the show to confirm you want the mug.