Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Los Angeles, CA at the Forum - Jan. 15, 2014

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Los Angeles, CA at the Forum - Jan. 15, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by steve_e_dee View Post
    It's merely an observation, not a criticism. I've seen him in concert since his 1st solo tour of the early 80's and he just doesn't have the power to hit notes like he used. It happens... just ask Elton John, who has to sing in an entirely different key now.

Its obvious by your SN that you're quite the Frey fan. Your love of him may make you ignore those sort of things, which I completely understand (again, not a criticism). I'm just reviewing what I heard, and 30 years of seeing him live, or listening to his cd's just made me come to that conclusion. Perhaps I'll hear differently tomorrow night or next week when I see them again.

As for the "final shows", that was under the assumption the tour ends this year. I'll clarify by saying that when the tour finally does wrap up, I predict their final shows will be here in LA. Obviously I'd like the whole world to enjoy one more time.
    I don't ignore vocal imperfections. They happen on occasion & I prefer not to dwell on them. I guess I should ask the other people who have been to these shows if they noticed any problems.

All I can say is it takes a lot of vocal power to sing songs like Caroline, No, Here's To Life & Same Girl. I have heard those songs sung perfectly. Perhaps I concentrate more on those songs these days than I do on Eagles songs.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    I don't ignore vocal imperfections. They happen on occasion & I prefer not to dwell on them. I guess I should ask the other people who have been to these shows if they noticed any problems.
    I wanted to write a more in-depth review of this show, but just never had the opportunity. Yes, like Steve said, Glenn had an issue with a few notes in this show. I will disagree with him about his voice hurting bad. I will also say that Don missed a few notes and there were a couple of places his voice was weak. I remember worrying that maybe he was getting cold or getting over one. One of the weak points may have been a technical issue. I was trying to remember the specific songs and even lyrics, but each time for Don was when he was playing drums, and for Glenn, I want to say somewhere in DD and NKIT. You'll see in my review of last night's show, these voice 'issues' were resolved and then some last night!

Seven Bridges Road. Just wow. It was very strong. Very powerful. I'm used to hearing it first. Hearing it just minutes after LITFL just smacked a person across the head with the talent of these guys. LITFL is a rock and roll song and they do it perfectly. It's vocals, lyrics, and of course, smokin' hot guitar. They sing harmonies on it but they take a back seat. Then they come out and do 7BR. One little guitar (that wasn't nearly loud enough). Lyrics that aren't the best I've ever heard. It's somewhere between folk music and a ditty. The sheer power of the song is all in the harmonies and they were spot on. I'm pretty sure my mouth hung open in the most un-ladylike fashion, and I was near tears til they were done with it. Then they made me smile with How Long. I'm so glad I got to see it. I wish I could have indicated my sincere thanks for both songs in more than just applause.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border

Funk #49

Fingers crossed that someone recorded that extra encore.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Brilliant! Thanks UTW!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border Thirsty&Hot's Avatar

after hearing the praise about Doolin' Dalton reprise, are there any videos of that floating around from any of the Forum shows?
    I tried looking and couldn't find any.

also are there any videos of seven bridges road?

lame that they only did it this one night!
    Last edited by Thirsty&Hot; 01-19-2014 at 03:24 PM.
    If I can't have it all, just a taste will do...

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Is the merchandise the same as it was for the other shows? Though obviously updated for 2014? Anything new?
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

GA - I didn't see where anyone answered your question. The t-shirts were the same except updated with the U S 2014 tour dates plus they had 3 different t-shirts specific to The Forum show plus an Eagles/Forum poster and also a ceramic Eagles/Forum coffee cup which was pretty cool looking. There was also a satin/leather jacket like the "E" jacket but it had a Forum design on the back. It was absolutely gorgeous. If only I had an extra $250.00!!

Stuck on the Border Henley Honey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post

Hey Va, You're in the 2nd LA times photo!! Its the first crowd shot. Yay!!!

Stuck on the Border Henley Honey's Avatar

First and foremost, thank you ladies -- PLS, Dreamer, VA, Soda and HB for a fun-filled, drama-free experience. When it comes down to it, the concert(s) are only a three-hour block of time, but we had lots of laughs and you all helped make it an extremely memorable experience. I'd do it all again, anytime, anywhere.

I loved the Forum. The fact that I was able to be there for the re-opening outweighed any negatives -- like the long lines for merchandise. I was never a big fan of people endlessly holding up their cell phones and blocking your view so I wasn't upset at all that security was hyper-vigilant about keeping people in check. I wasn't crazy about the fact that the ushers didn't know one section from the other. It became a running joke that we would direct people to their seats while the ushers and security people scratched their heads and looked confused. They seemed to have their act together for Friday night's show though so I guess it was a lesson learned.

I also so appreciated the fact that the Eagles did the fan sale as well as SBR and How Long specifically for the FANS as they didn't do either song on Friday night. They made a specific, special effort when they didn't have to, so when I read that there is some discourse over supposed scalped tickets or front row being held back for comps, I have to scratch my head and wonder what it would take to make people happy? I was lucky to get 4th row in the center section on the aisle on Tim's side and I'm very thankful that they made these seats available at such a reasonable price specifically for fans. VA and I could not have had better seats or a better time.

If there were off-key notes or weak-voiced moments, they went right over my head. I tend to look at the overall concert experience rather than pick apart individual performances. For me, it was a wonderful show and an unforgettable experience.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

I didn't notice the picture, thanks, HH for pointing it out. I think!
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.