Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Los Angeles, CA at the Forum - Jan. 17, 2014

Stuck on the Border Henley Honey's Avatar

Default Re: Los Angeles, CA at the Forum - Jan. 17, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Just #6 for me.

I think the problem comes when it's unclear; if the band wants everyone to sit for the entirety of the first half, it would be simple enough to say so. Instead, on Wednesday, Glenn specifically said the ballads, and Friday later the slow songs. The written instructions say you shouldn't stand if you block people. Theoretically, this could apply to the whole show, as there is never a time when100% of the audience is standing. Thus, the security makes judgment calls.

I agree. During the LROOE tour, the rule of thumb (from the band) was clear. You sat for the first 7 songs and then it was ok to get up and dance if the majority of your seat mates were up. This tour, it's kind of a crap shoot in that Already Gone is definitely not a ballad, but not a lot of people get up, despite the fact that Glenn says in the intro "It's time to rock a little harder." How do you hear that and NOT get up?!?! There's no winning, though, because you can't make everyone happy. Dreamer and I were in the 5th row dead center for this show and the people behind us were not happy that we were standing for Funk 49 -- definitely not a ballad. On a good note, I didn't listen to my inner demon voice and blast her for repeatedly poking me in the back rather than trying the polite "excuse me" approach.

It's hard to concentrate on enjoying the music and the performance when you are waiting to be reprimanded and scolded to sit down by either security or stodgy audience members -- but I manage to block out the BS and enjoy the show!

Out on the Border HenleyFan1971's Avatar

I have a great time at both shows but people smoking pot was the worse they were going after people with cameras more then illegal drugs in Ca we have a no smoking law in malls I think bars I honestly thought it would mean concert venues that that need to smoke outside at intermission I had a bad today my 17 year cat had a pain episode so once I get my head back I am going to write a email plus there were so many drunks they should have put a limit on drinks one guy was walking in the street supposedly got him foot slightly ran over and punched the person windshield the area is bad I would rather drive 30 miles to venue in orange county but over I had a great a safe time
    Last edited by HenleyFan1971; 01-20-2014 at 08:50 PM.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Well put yourself in Glenn 's place. Youre in the biggest band in the world. You're performing. Your wife's good friend wants a ticket. You are hardly gonna give her a crappy seat AND charge her for the priviledge... I mean ARE you??

Desperada and I will be standing for the last gig in Dublin. We will be on the Early Entry tickets. Security will hardly be able to tell US to sit down..... will they...?
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

We met Henry Diltz, the photographer for the Desperado shoot who could not have been nicer. Soda's camera wasn't working so Henry's friend was gracious enough to use his camera to take a picture of Henry and Soda and email it to her. I knew Henry had a good sense of humor when I suggested that they say "peyote" instead of "cheese" for the picture. He gave me an ear to ear grin at the suggestion. A lovely man with a good sense of humor. I hope Soda posts the picture.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Oh wonderful! I hope she does post it. Funny, on Thursday evening on my photography course we were asked to think about a photographer whose work we particularly admired, and for me Henry Diltz came to mind immediately!!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

I'm so sorry to hear about all the problems with security. I hate to sound like a broken record BUT I find it very frustrating for everyone. No way do I want to spend that kind of money on a ticket only to have to stress over whether I can stand without being singled out for enjoying myself. I've said their stand/sit policies have been ridiculous for years now & it sounds like it got worse for these shows. I'm not 3 and can use my own common sense.

I saw on FB (and now can't remember from who) last night a complaint about how he had gotten called out for trying to take a couple of pics but yet he had seen a celebrity or 2 taking several pics & that one (I think he said it was a Kardashian?) even had a someone take a picture of her in front of the stage shortly after the show had started. Don't know how true it was but I had to laugh, tho it isn't funny, if it is indeed true.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    I'm so sorry to hear about all the problems with security. I hate to sound like a broken record BUT I find it very frustrating for everyone. No way do I want to spend that kind of money on a ticket only to have to stress over whether I can stand without being singled out for enjoying myself. I've said their stand/sit policies have been ridiculous for years now & it sounds like it got worse for these shows. I'm not 3 and can use my own common sense.

I saw on FB (and now can't remember from who) last night a complaint about how he had gotten called out for trying to take a couple of pics but yet he had seen a celebrity or 2 taking several pics & that one (I think he said it was a Kardashian?) even had a someone take a picture of her in front of the stage shortly after the show had started. Don't know how true it was but I had to laugh, tho it isn't funny, if it is indeed true.

I hear you loud and clear, TBF, but security made it a point and spoke to all of us individually in the first 5 or 10 rows. They told us they were recording live and any flash or reflection from hand-held cameras would screw that up. I've never experienced that very specific, all-inclusive chat before. Usually they give you the old "no flash and no videos" speech and go on about their business. This was a very different speech and very specific. My feeling was if they are trying to film this, lets not screw it up -- let's play the game and HOPEFULLY get a new DVD out of it.

Personally, I didn't see any "celebrities" on the center floor section. I didn't see any pictures or videos being shot either.

Stuck on the Border Thirsty&Hot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Henley Honey View Post
    We met Henry Diltz, the photographer for the Desperado shoot who could not have been nicer. Soda's camera wasn't working so Henry's friend was gracious enough to use his camera to take a picture of Henry and Soda and email it to her. I knew Henry had a good sense of humor when I suggested that they say "peyote" instead of "cheese" for the picture. He gave me an ear to ear grin at the suggestion. A lovely man with a good sense of humor. I hope Soda posts the picture.
    that's awesome! I love Henry! he does seem very down to Earth. he also shot other photos of the boys...not just the Desperado ones...but I know the HotE doc focused on that one, and of course that's an important one hehe.
    he has also shot some of the most iconic album covers of all time... including for CSN and the Doors.
    I hope Soda posts that photo too!
    If I can't have it all, just a taste will do...

Back home. Yes, meeting Henry Diltz made it all worthwhile. However, I am not very photogenic. Perhaps I will just crop myself out!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Awww.. Soda, we'd love to see the WHOLE picture.
    He sings it high, he plays it low