Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Los Angeles, CA at the Forum - Jan. 17, 2014

Default Re: Los Angeles, CA at the Forum - Jan. 17, 2014

Should we be discussing security solely, ignoring the phenomenal music and the efforts of the band? No. Should we omit discussing security entirely if it affects the concert experience? No to that as well, IMHO.

This is a show review thread. While one can argue I spent too much time talking about security, it had a large impact on the concert experience for many - not just me - and I was prompted to be more explicit about my dissatisfaction only in reply to VA's post; my first post just mentions it. Still, I'm not going to apologize for talking about it. Just like we talk about the seats and acoustics of the Forum in these reviews, we can talk about the security at the Forum.

That said, I reiterate that I find no fault with the quality of the Eagles' performances.

While I liked Wednesday's better, it wasn't because the band sucked on Friday. Far from it - they put on a great show as they always do. With the Eagles, it's not about "were they good?" It's simply a matter of HOW good! My opinion is that while Friday's performances were very good, I simply thought Wednesday's were even better.

When I say this, I do not mean to disparage those who found the Friday show superior. It is just my opinion and obviously it is not even a majority one, judging by most of the comments from those who went to both. They are overall very positive, and even considering my bad experience with the Black Shirts, I still feel the show is worth the money.

The History of the Eagles tour is amazing, as are the Eagles.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Henley Honey View Post
    Your words:
    "Most reviews have strongly suggested that the band was going through the motions."

The only thing I am strongly suggesting is that you are 100 percent wrong in your assumption. You do not speak for me. You do not have the right to speak for me. I dont think for one second that the band was going through the motions. You spoke before thinking so acknowledge that fact and move on.
    I never said I spoke for you. I repeat that I never mentioned you. I was referring to the general impression I received. If I was wrong, so be it. If nobody intended to convey this impression, I believe them.
    Last edited by Freypower; 01-20-2014 at 11:57 PM.

Stuck on the Border Thirsty&Hot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Ok - here it is:

aw you look stunning and beaming! don't be so modest
    so cool that you got to meet him and got a photo to boot!

i dig your earrings...is that turquoise I see?
    If I can't have it all, just a taste will do...

Stuck on the Border Henley Honey's Avatar

I reiterate. I don't think the band went through the motions. I don't think they phoned it in. I dont think they gave less than 100 pct.
    If I am incorrectly lumped into a generalization that does not correctly reflect my opinion then you can bet I will vehemently defend my position. I'd like to hear from others who were included in this generalization.

Im curious to see what the other attendees opinions are. Do any of you think the band only went through the motions?

Quote Originally Posted by Thirsty&Hot View Post
    aw you look stunning and beaming! don't be so modest
    so cool that you got to meet him and got a photo to boot!

i dig your earrings...is that turquoise I see?
    Thanks! You're so sweet! That's not turquoise - simply colored glass. They're actually quite inexpensive but I love how they catch the light!

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Should we be discussing security solely, ignoring the phenomenal music and the efforts of the band? No. Should we omit discussing security entirely if it affects the concert experience? No to that as well, IMHO.

This is a show review thread. While one can argue I spent too much time talking about security, it had a large impact on the concert experience for many - not just me - and I was prompted to be more explicit about my dissatisfaction only in reply to VA's post; my first post just mentions it. Still, I'm not going to apologize for talking about it. Just like we talk about the seats and acoustics of the Forum in these reviews, we can talk about the security at the Forum.

That said, I reiterate that I find no fault with the quality of the Eagles' performances.

While I liked Wednesday's better, it wasn't because the band sucked on Friday. Far from it - they put on a great show as they always do. With the Eagles, it's not about "were they good?" It's simply a matter of HOW good! My opinion is that while Friday's performances were very good, I simply thought Wednesday's were even better.

When I say this, I do not mean to disparage those who found the Friday show superior. It is just my opinion and obviously it is not even a majority one, judging by the reviews here. They are overall very positive, and even with my bad experience, I feel the show is worth the money.

The History of the Eagles tour is amazing, as are the Eagles.
    You shouldn't apologize for it. It was a big thing for you and PLS, no doubt about it. After reading what FP and others wrote recently in other threads as well, it seemed like the general consensus for these shows was that they weren't very good, and I didn't feel it was what any of us who'd been to the shows really felt. It doesn't really matter which show was better, they each had their strong points and it's a matter of preference. The important thing I want to have get across is that I, at least, thought both were terrific!
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Agreed.

Another thing about Friday's performance - my cousin was impressed by how well Joe handled the technical glitch. She plays guitar as well and said it was nice to know that even the pros have those kind of problems!

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Baby View Post
    Great photo Nancy! You look gorgeous! And Lissa, Kay & I will take some credit since we helped pick out that top with you at the store in Pasadena!
    Thank you very much! I wish you ladies could go shopping with me more often!

Ok - here it is:

It's a lovely photo Nancy. You're very glamorous - next to you I'd look real scruffy.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

First of all - I love the picture of you and Henry, Soda. It was really nice of his friend to follow through and send it to you. I remember as you both were starting to pose for it - I looked at Henry and jokingly said - "Hey - shouldn't you be the one taking the pictures?" I was thinking how cool it would be if we could get a group shot of us taken by Henry Diltz. But, then I also thought, if he did that, he'd probably tell us it was gonna cost us 10 grand. All kidding aside, he was very nice and gracious to us.

As far as the concerts, I can only give my personal experiences, which were very positive at both shows. I had great seats both nights, appreciation from the band members, and a band that gave it their all to entertain us. I've been to a total of 7 shows so far this tour, and believe me, I only continue to go see virtually the same show multiple times because I feel like this band puts their hearts and souls into every performance.

Both shows were great to me, but I did think they had a little of the first night jitters on Wednesday. For me, I enjoyed the Friday show just a little bit more simply because I thought the band and the crowd were a bit looser. However, I was disappointed that we didn't get 7BR and How Long again. I didn't personally experience any of the over-zealous security at these shows, although I have in the past and, unfortunately, it can put a damper on the concert experience.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016