Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Possible reason for lack of early show DVDs

Out on the Border

Default Re: Possible reason for lack of early show DVDs

I would be so hard for a long run release.

Banned

When the Eagles released Eagles live in 1980, some 1976 recordings to get performances of Randy's showstopping, Take It To The Limit, among a couple of others.

I'd love to hear more live audio releases, although I don't like listening to the live millennium disc.

When Don Henley appeared on Later with Jools Holland for a chat, they played him part of the Eagles performance of Witchy Woman from the 1973 BBC concert, When we perform that now, we play it in tune and at the correct tempo, was Don's response. After hearing that, I wasn't expecting the Eagles to sanction an official release.

My other favourite band, Genesis are absolutely awash with audio and video footage of their career. They were constantly on the TV and radio.
    I think Phil Collins must have released his personal archive. Apparently, he'd get a soundboard recording at the end of every show, so he could do a, sort of, critical debrief.
    Last edited by Funk 50; 04-06-2015 at 08:29 AM.

Stuck on the Border

Even if they did record every show, they probably weren't big budget recordings, but recordings with just enough quality for them to listen to how they'd sung/played that night. And if such tapes still exists, they probably don't have the individual tracks anymore, so they can't be re-mixed.

Pure speculation, as always.

(I'm not a fan of theories that suggest that everything is about money for Glenn and Don. I don't buy the theory that they won't do anything if someone else might receive some money too.)

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Someone, somewhere must have something on Irving & the boys that would "convince" them to allow a release of a compilation DVD of early Eagles performances Please, guys!! If only to celebrate Glenn's awesome early 70s hair.

Speaking of which, a video of "Tryin'" from Central Park 1972 has turned up. Is this a new thing? I haven't seen it before (only "Take It Easy") but I'm a newish fan:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=29&v=E2OE71aGDF4

Stuck on the Border

That's new to me and quite a treat. Look how much they move around! I always enjoy "Tryin'"

Wow, NBM! I've never seen it either! Only have seen TIE. Great find!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Woo hoo, NMB! I don't remember seeing it, but I love it!

Thanks!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Isn't it wonderful?! God, I hope there's more where that came from. I wonder how many songs they filmed.

I love the smiling lovefest between Randy and Glenn around the 1:00 mark. And the groovy southwestern designs on their amps.
    Last edited by NightMistBlue; 04-07-2015 at 05:30 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue
    Speaking of which, a video of "Tryin'" from Central Park 1972 has turned up. Is this a new thing? I haven't seen it before (only "Take It Easy") but I'm a newish fan:

Thanks for finding that NightMistBlue.

It's just become one of my favourite Eagles clips ever. It's almost the complete opposite of the Farewell One show. How wonderful to see the band and the audience sharing some unmitigated joy. Credit to the people who filmed and cut it.
    Trying has just become my current favourite Eagles obscurity.

I've just read an article about Pink Floyd's David Gilmour and Rick Wright reconnecting musically on stage. After playing endless huge great arenas, on whacking great stages, they go to play Echoes at a small venue, during a Gilmour solo tour and instead of being 20 yards apart, they played the track where they could see the whites of each others eyes and the emotion in each others faces. It was a magical moment for them.

If the Eagles make a new concert dvd, I hope it's filmed in a small venue on a tiny stage, where the band and the audience can really connect and create some magic.

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    Someone, somewhere must have something on Irving & the boys that would "convince" them to allow a release of a compilation DVD of early Eagles performances Please, guys!! If only to celebrate Glenn's awesome early 70s hair.

I do love this Tryin video and I like the fact Randy leaves a couple lyrics out and they rock out on their instruments instead. They all look very happy.

So Put Me On A Highway And Show Me A Sign
    And Take It To The Limit One More Time..............