Page 90 of 96 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394 ... LastLast

Thread: Meisner Mania: The Randy Meisner Photo Thread

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Default Re: Meisner Mania: The Randy Meisner Photo Thread

I believe it was 1986. It was a benefit for the families of Rick Nelson’s band who perished in the plane crash. The video should be here somwhere; Randy’s tv appearances perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    I believe it was 1986. It was a benefit for the families of Rick Nelson’s band who perished in the plane crash. The video should be here somwhere; Randy’s tv appearances perhaps.

That would've been my guess '86 or '87! I track it as the hair evolves lol

That’s the best way - hair archaeology.

Lol, NMB.

Quote Originally Posted by JLE View Post
    Love that pic, never seen it, do you know what year it was, I'm guessing mid 1980's by his hair!
    You have a good eye! NMB is correct that the screenshot is from a news story about a benefit concert in 1986. The video was discussed in this thread.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    That’s the best way - hair archaeology.

lol so true. With all the guys. Love it

Quote Originally Posted by JLE View Post
    anyone know what year this was? His hair was short right after he quit the Eagles, maybe '78? He looks pretty young here, never saw this one before, he's adorable!

I heard it was pre-Eagles. This photo is closely cropped, but in the uncropped version you can see him standing in front of a 60s-style apartment building, said to be one of his first places in Los Angeles.

Nice pic JLE. Hope you enjoy this one. I have a funny Randy related story (at least to me ). I didn’t know where to post so I figured why not share with a pic? Who’s complaining right? So, when I cook, I usually put on my Spotify Daily Mix 1 which is chock full of Eagles and solo Eagles and associated artists. I only have free version on phone, so the Daily Mix plays in shuffle, if you are not familiar with Spotify. Anyways....So it’s playing the songs all is good and then it played John Parr “Naughty Naughty“ (oh behave!) hey sometimes some oddballs get in the mix what can I say?? But the funny thing is right after that it went to sweet lil Randy singing “Save the Last Dance for Me”. What a seque!

Quote Originally Posted by KingWalsh View Post

Nice pic JLE. Hope you enjoy this one. I have a funny Randy related story (at least to me ). I didn’t know where to post so I figured why not share with a pic? Who’s complaining right? So, when I cook, I usually put on my Spotify Daily Mix 1 which is chock full of Eagles and solo Eagles and associated artists. I only have free version on phone, so the Daily Mix plays in shuffle, if you are not familiar with Spotify. Anyways....So it’s playing the songs all is good and then it played John Parr “Naughty Naughty“ (oh behave!) hey sometimes some oddballs get in the mix what can I say?? But the funny thing is right after that it went to sweet lil Randy singing “Save the Last Dance for Me”. What a seque!
    OMG, that is so funny! I am a child of the 80's so I totally remember that John Parr song! But I absolutely love Randy's version of "Save the last dance..." wasn't that on his 1978 album? I know it's not a highly regarded release, but I enjoyed several songs from it, he could basically sing the phone book and sound fantastic to me! And I appreciate the info re: that pic I posted of Randy is from before the Eagles, wow! He does look awfully young there, those sweet cheeks (I mean the face, of course, right? Although if you watch the video of Randy singing "Tryin" from the Eagles central park concert, there are some other cheeks that are pretty sweet, too wink wink)