Thread: Eagles as Storytellers

Default Eagles as Storytellers

I think everyone would agree that we love the sounds of all these guys singing voices, but what about when they're just talking? Glenn is the smooth raconteur without a doubt, Don has got this hesitant, husky rasp with just the slightest Texas twang, Timothy is sweet and shy with a little tiny lisp, and Joe has his very distinct, but hard to describe voice kind of nasal but not always.
    Anyway, I started thinking about this when I was listening to an audio book that I put on when I feel like having an adult version of a bedtime story. Since I don't have more than 4 audio books, I wondered what it would be like if I had Glenn reading a book to me, or better yet, Don! Don't know how I would be able to fall off asleep listening to him!
    But anyway, I was wondering what books they could read aloud that we would all enjoy hearing. Would you want a childrens story or something more dramatic?
    Just think about the rush to Audible.com if someone were to put this into their heads to do!

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Eagles as Storytellers

That's a good idea. I've been listening to old and more recent radio interviews and they all sound so good when just speaking.

As for what to read, I think a collection of wry, humorous tales of twentieth century America. I can't say what but I'm thinking along the lines of Mark Twain, Garrison Keiller... and at that point I realise my knowledge of american literature is very limited.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Glenn could read anything to me and I'd be happy. I've downloaded interviews he's done to my hard drive and sometimes I listen to them just because. I really like the interviews with Art of The Song and Jim Ladd, because it's more conversation than short answers.

Don's is interesting, because he is this very interesting cross between the English major and Texas drawl. His words will be very clipped for a while and then he'll suddenly make a one syllable word two or three syllables and it always makes me smile. Like Glenn, I like the sound of his voice, whether talking or singing.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    Glenn could read anything to me and I'd be happy. I've downloaded interviews he's done to my hard drive and sometimes I listen to them just because. I really like the interviews with Art of The Song and Jim Ladd, because it's more conversation than short answers
    I particularlly enjoy those two interviews as well. I love listening to Glenn talk. The others aren't half bad either.

Stuck on the Border

What's "Art of the Song" and how do I get hold of it? I'm obviously still in catchup mode.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Here is the link. Go to the AOTS dropdown in the middle of the page and scroll down until you find his name. It's an hour long, and includes the playing of some of his songs.

http://www.standingoproject.com/art-of-the-song
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border

Thankyou, VA. I guess that's how I'll be spending the next hour.
    Last edited by UndertheWire; 01-31-2014 at 06:03 PM.