Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Felder to do summer tour with Styx & Foreigner; new version of HC on related CD

Default Re: Felder to do summer tour with Styx & Foreigner; new version of HC on related CD

Quote Originally Posted by MaryCalifornia View Post
    I think Don and Glenn know this. They could legitimately tour as The Eagles with a backing band, just singing all of their own lead songs. I don't think they have any interest in this. If they were as greedy as people say, they could keep ALL of the $$ for themselves and pay the musicians scale. Whatever chemistry they have with those other two that allows them to keep doing what they do, they recognize it.
    And I agree. I just don't know if everyone else does.

And I'm glad they've scaled down their backing musicians but that's for another thread.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Default Re: Felder to do summer tour with Styx & Foreigner; new version of HC on related CD

Just listened to the new version of HC. I'll buy the CD, because I'm a completist and I feel compelled to buy it all, lol. However, it's not anywhere near the quality of the original, IMHO.

I haven't listened to the Imus clip, but Imus has the reputation of being harsh and saying ugly things, so I'm not surprised.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I don't like it...the vocals really were the worst part to me...and not because he doesn't have a good voice...he does...but...it's not Don H...and I did see Don Felder do this song in his solo show...and it didn't bother me...I was in the front row..and was mesmerized by his guitar playing...I guess there's just something about a non-Eagle singing this song...that just feels wrong!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I don't like it either, but I think they do a respectable job on it. I wouldn't buy it .

I can see them doing the song live, but I just don't get them wanting to record together. Especially such an epic song by such an epic band.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

I think there’s nothing wrong with doing a new version of a song. Don Felder wrote the music for "Hotel California," so he’s entitled to do and record a new version of it. The original song is a masterpiece and is one of my favorite songs ever. That being said, I like this new version, it’s not bad at all. The vocals and guitar work are good. I like that the first part of the song is acoustic and the second part is electric.

Don posted this on Facebook today:
    Both "You Don't Have Me" & "Hotel California" made top ten on the Classic Rock radio charts this week and I couldn't be happier.

Stuck on the Border

The irony that the artist credit is shown as "Styx/Foreigner/Don Felder"!

Meanwhile, Don and others talk about recording their new version:
    http://www.technologytell.com/entert...el-california/

Quote Originally Posted by Under the Wire
    The irony that the artist credit is shown as "Styx/Foreigner/Don Felder"!
    Seriously... what's up with that?!

Quote Originally Posted by James Young in article
    I believe the part that my bandmate Tommy Shaw sings on there — his voice has a quality that maybe captures the pathos of the California experience more than even Henley’s did.
    Er.... I'd have to disagree with that opinion, lol.

Out on the Border

My Friendly Radio Ad Salesman called this AM He got me 2 tickets to this concert Next week @ Riverfest/Sioux City..... Dont think I would have paid $49 to see them (even tho we just spent $650. for eagles tickets) But, since its FREE, guess we will see them.... LOL

Congrats!