Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Felder to do summer tour with Styx & Foreigner; new version of HC on related CD

Default Re: Felder to do summer tour with Styx & Foreigner; new version of HC on related CD

Well, the odds of me getting any of the other Eagle's signatures are 0 to none because I'm not quite willing to follow them around enough in hopes that that happens! lol Since I equate Felder the most with Hotel California, I'm ok with just his. And all of that still hinges on whether I can get a good seat with the VIP or if I have to forego the VIP in order to get a good seat.

Someone suggested that I skip the VIP for this tour, because I could most likely meet him at some point on his solo touring stuff. But, to my knowledge, he doesn't do a lot of touring in my area so that would entail extra money for traveling and lodging plans and in the long run, that would probably be just as much as the VIP.

And if it's ok with you, I am going to take a pass on asking them why he won't sign the other stuff simply because it goes beyond the realm of questioning that I personally would have done, and I would like to leave that as it is.

My mind is Tiffany twisted

Default Re: Felder to do summer tour with Styx & Foreigner; new version of HC on related CD

OK. I was just curious, but it's not like I HAVE to know! You got the important info. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by lizzyplays
    And all of that still hinges on whether I can get a good seat with the VIP or if I have to forego the VIP in order to get a good seat.

Someone suggested that I skip the VIP for this tour, because I could most likely meet him at some point on his solo touring stuff. But, to my knowledge, he doesn't do a lot of touring in my area so that would entail extra money for traveling and lodging plans and in the long run, that would probably be just as much as the VIP.
    I saw someone post on FB that they got third row with VIP. I wasn't sure if they got it through Felder's package, though, or through another band's. The problem is that if it's like Eagles VIP, it's first come, first serve, and you might get further back if you wait.

Another problem is that I'm not sure how they're divvying up the Felder VIP seats with the Styx and Foreigner VIPs. Do they all come out of the same pot? Or does each act get a section? If you're competing with Styx and Foreigner VIPs, it could be harder to get a good one.

That said, if you're going to skip VIP and go to a scalper for a good seat, they may try to charge you more than the VIP ticket price - plus you usually have to buy in pairs with scalpers. It's hard to say as the tour hasn't started yet, but it's a possibility. Scalpers - I'm sorry, "ticket brokers" - are just out of control.

You can try your luck with tickets dropping but that's no sure thing. It used to happen all the time but it appears with VIP ticketing that last-minute drops of primo seats are the exceptions rather than the rule.

Finally, can we assume Felder will continue doing the free meet'n'greets when he goes solo again? If I were you, I'd ask him to make sure if you skip the VIP M'n'G.

Ack, so many uncertainties!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    OK. I was just curious, but it's not like I HAVE to know! You got the important info. Thanks.

I saw someone post on FB that they got third row with VIP. I wasn't sure if they got it through Felder's package, though, or through another band's. The problem is that if it's like Eagles VIP, it's first come, first serve, and you might get further back if you wait.

Another problem is that I'm not sure how they're divvying up the Felder VIP seats with the Styx and Foreigner VIPs. Do they all come out of the same pot? Or does each act get a section? If you're competing with Styx and Foreigner VIPs, it could be harder to get a good one.

That said, if you're going to skip VIP and go to a scalper for a good seat, they may try to charge you more than the VIP ticket price - plus you usually have to buy in pairs with scalpers. It's hard to say as the tour hasn't started yet, but it's a possibility. Scalpers - I'm sorry, "ticket brokers" - are just out of control.

You can try your luck with tickets dropping but that's no sure thing. It used to happen all the time but it appears with VIP ticketing that last-minute drops of primo seats are the exceptions rather than the rule.

Finally, can we assume Felder will continue doing the free meet'n'greets when he goes solo again? If I were you, I'd ask him to make sure if you skip the VIP M'n'G.

Ack, so many uncertainties!
    I won't buy a ticket from a scalper, broker, whatever they call themselves. I refuse to support that whole business, and yes it means I miss out on shows but so be it. I detest the practice and I've been writing to several stars urging them to speak out or start something or do something, anything. Not that any of that will do any good, but it makes me feel productive at least.

The venue that I'm wanting to go to, their tickets haven't gone on sale yet. Whichever way I decide to go, I will buy the day of the presale and be done with it. It would be worse to not get to go at all!

I could live with a third row seat.

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Good luck LP! I hope you get a great seat!

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

I picked a show at random, and Felder's VIP seats were back in row T. So no, I'm not paying VIP prices to sit in row T, even if it comes with a meet and greet. I'm not sure I'd pay face value for row T. Foreigner had the VIP seats in the front at that show, and they were higher priced, but not by hundreds, maybe a hundred.

I can't even access the the VIP link that Felder posted when I'm at work, it comes up 'Page Cannot Be Displayed'. So, buying tickets to these shows seems to be out of the question at the moment unless there are still good seats when I get home from work in the evening.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    I picked a show at random, and Felder's VIP seats were back in row T. So no, I'm not paying VIP prices to sit in row T, even if it comes with a meet and greet. I'm not sure I'd pay face value for row T. Foreigner had the VIP seats in the front at that show, and they were higher priced, but not by hundreds, maybe a hundred.

I can't even access the the VIP link that Felder posted when I'm at work, it comes up 'Page Cannot Be Displayed'. So, buying tickets to these shows seems to be out of the question at the moment unless there are still good seats when I get home from work in the evening.
    Yeah, I'm not going to buy a VIP and sit in anything beyond row 3, or 4-5 but that's definitely it. And I'm not even sure I would go for row 4 or 5. That would be a spur of the moment decision I would have to make.

Got front row center for face value through Styx FanClub pre-sale yesterday for the Greek Theater here in L.A.

I'm not even a member of their fan club but for some odd reason the day before (Tuesday) they posted the password on their web-site for everyone to see (via the Lounge their on-line chat forum). Maybe because their pre-sale for the Greek was not through crowd surge but TM. Who knows!

I did my research ahead of time and found there were 3 ways to get advanced tickets: Styx FanClub; Foreigner VIP and Felder VIP/regular tickets. I noticed that the best pre-sale seating tickets, at face value, were being offered by Styx but I didn't want to pony up the fan club fee. Luckily, as I stated earlier, Styx posted it for the whole world to see.

In any event, it took me almost twenty minutes but I finally got front row center through the Styx Pre-Sale for $133 all in.

Actually I got two front row seats one of which I am now selling in case anyone is interested. It's stage left outside aisle seats. Long story that.

Foreigner is selling seats like my center section seat for $500 and Felder's VIPs ($470) weren't even in the Pit. Sure both also offer a M&G but I've been there and done that-not interested. Just wanted the front row without paying $500. At my age I could care less about mingling with the stars.

Stay Tuned!

Carol-Lynn

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

hers my two $$$

LP it sounds like you would like the meet and greet but I wouldn't sit in the back not for that money for sure.
    I was nice of him to answer you back.

I kinda understand that he doesn't want to sign anything that has other eagles signatures on it don't agree bu kinda understand, I think it might be a thing left over fromt he lawsuit settlement??? or sour grapes or contracts in volving this tour just spit balling here.
    Go and hav e a great time. You might not ever get that chance ever again.
    have fun

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I wonder what Glenn and Don H think about this?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/m...miere/8022925/

Interesting!

ETA: You can listen below the article. NO ONE WILL EVER SING IT BETTER THAN DON HENLEY!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    NO ONE WILL EVER SING IT BETTER THAN DON HENLEY!
    AMEN!!