Thread: Don Felder / Soundtrack of Summer Jiffy Lube Live, Bristow, VA - 6/20/14

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Default Don Felder / Soundtrack of Summer Jiffy Lube Live, Bristow, VA - 6/20/14

Don on tour with Foreigner and Styx, Foreigner will be the closing act for this show.

Ticket information when I can find it.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Default Re: Don Felder / Soundtrack of Summer Jiffy Lube Live, Bristow, VA - 6/20/14

This one is less than ten miles from the house I lived in and owned for 20 years before moving last summer. This would have been convenient. It this concert were on a Saturday instead of Friday, I'd think about returning for it.
    VK

Default Re: Don Felder / Soundtrack of Summer Jiffy Lube Live, Bristow, VA - 6/20/14

Well, against all common sense and logic, I bought my ticket this morning. I got the VIP package and my seat is Orchestra 2, Row A, seat 15. Which, means I am front row, center section, slightly to the right of dead center (facing the stage). That's a good seat, right?

My mind is Tiffany twisted

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Sounds perfect LP!! AWESOME!

Quote Originally Posted by lizzyplays View Post
    Well, against all common sense and logic, I bought my ticket this morning. I got the VIP package and my seat is Orchestra 2, Row A, seat 15. Which, means I am front row, center section, slightly to the right of dead center (facing the stage). That's a good seat, right?
    Hmmmm, let me think.... Hell ya! Glad you went for it, Lizzy!
    VK

Great seat - have fun with Don!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I'm excited about meeting Don but I'm also excited to have an actual front row seat to a concert. This is my first! Obviously, I've been at the front row for many GA events but never had a seat!! Secondly, I am equally excited that and really hoping that I might get some STYX souvenirs for Willie!!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Very cool, lp! I'm sure you will love it!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

I will mention, Lizzy, to you and anyone else out there looking at this show, in the weirdness that Virginia has when it comes to post offices, Bristow is actually pretty far away from this event. It's actually in Gainesville, VA and closer to Manassas than Bristow (though you have to use Bristow when searching). There are hotels in Warrenton, Gainesville, and Manassas, even Haymarket. Warrenton would be cheapest. The venue is between Gainesville and Manassas on Wellington Rd. Gainesville is right along Rt 29, and if you follow 29 south, you'll hit Warrenton about ten miles later. I'm sure Google Maps would have you getting off 95 onto 234, then following 234 to Wellington right near the venue, but if there's a lot of traffic, and there usually is, an alternative route is to get off 95 at 17 North, take 17 to Opal and go 29 North.
    VK

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    I will mention, Lizzy, to you and anyone else out there looking at this show, in the weirdness that Virginia has when it comes to post offices, Bristow is actually pretty far away from this event. It's actually in Gainesville, VA and closer to Manassas than Bristow (though you have to use Bristow when searching). There are hotels in Warrenton, Gainesville, and Manassas, even Haymarket. Warrenton would be cheapest. The venue is between Gainesville and Manassas on Wellington Rd. Gainesville is right along Rt 29, and if you follow 29 south, you'll hit Warrenton about ten miles later. I'm sure Google Maps would have you getting off 95 onto 234, then following 234 to Wellington right near the venue, but if there's a lot of traffic, and there usually is, an alternative route is to get off 95 at 17 North, take 17 to Opal and go 29 North.
    Sounds like you need to chaperone me!!