Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: How Long

Two days ago it was in the news that they are going to release 'how long' tomorro here in Holland. So that's why nobody knows about it. And hopefully it's in the stores too than.
    The stores didn't also know about the new album. Perhaps that they know more about that too, after the single is released. Gotto check it out tomorro. Pre-order it, than at least I'll be the first to get it hear in Holland.
    "You haven't lived till you've stood in the refrigerated section, staring at the frozen peas, listening to the Muzak version of Desperado coming over. That's when you know you've made it. "

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by DonFan
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bomber
    I'd like to be a Teen King but those damn age of consent laws keep slowin' me down.
    LOL, Bomber!
    Things certainly were looked upon differently back then, weren't they?

My son commented recently to my husband how much trouble he (hubby) would be in today if he and I were dating today the way we did back in the day (he was 21-I was 17).

I just got the Sept 20 issue of Rolling Stone, and it had a short review of How Long:

"The catchy gallop, pitch-perfect twang and sparkling stair-step harmonies of "How Long" augur well for the other twenty new songs on Long Road Out of Eden, the Eagle's first studio album in nearly 30 years--if you're content with deja vu. The track rolls and beams like a freshly scrubbed "Take It Easy," although you can clearly hear the difference between then and now in the unintended truth of one line near the end: "What you get is not quite what you choose." This time around, you'll only be able to buy you Eden at Walmart."

Then they gave the song 3 1/2 out of 4 stars!

Cool!
    How can love survive in such a graceless age?

Good spot DF - I went ahead and put it on our site's front page!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Blimey - 3.5 out of 4 for Rolling Stone is high praise indeed!! And clearly RS have not done their research, because you will be able to order it from Eaglesband.com and the non US sites! Thanks for posting that Df. I'm hoping we'll hear it on British radio soon.

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Cool! Thanks for posting that!

This morning I saw the video for How Long on this tv channel we get called the Tube and it was so amazing on a big screen tv.
    How can love survive in such a graceless age?

Thanks for posting the review, it's good to see How Long getting a favourable reception.

Thanks for posting the Rolling Stone review, DF - how things have changed since their slagging off of the band in the '70s, at the height of their fame . At least they've come to their senses!

SH, how nice that you saw the "How Long" video on television. I wish they would screen it locally. I can just imagine how amazing Glenn looks on the big screen in that video!

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down