Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: How Long

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by Perfect Little Sister
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Frey
    GLENN... Do I need to say more? Okay, let's just say that I haven't seen a man of Glenn's years looking so utterly and completely beautiful. I am stunned.

It's so funny to read this MF. I know we aren't supposed to refer to men as beautiful, but I often do so with Glenn. He really is a beautiful man. Inside as well as out.
    I totally agree, Mrs. F. and PLS - and I hate it. It would be so much easier for me to control my enthusiasm for the man if he would just cooperate and act like a jerk.
    I couldn't agree more with you, PLS. I find calling Glenn simply "handsome" just doesn't do justice to his beauty. It's perhaps his inner beauty that makes him that much more beautiful. Yes, beautiful. That is the only word that adequately describes him. All conventions are going straight out of the window right now...

Dreamer, LOL! Control your enthusiasm? Why on earth would you want to do that? It's much nicer to be , and to , and to be , and to be with our passion for the man. So go on, girl, let's "...get a little out of control!"

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

Quote Originally Posted by tbs fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by EasyFeeling
    Quote Originally Posted by tbs fanatic
    I've finally managed to burn the download onto a CD - Woo Hoo! Now I don't have to sit in front of the computer to listen to it. Okay Kitchen, here I come
    Me too and I'm looking forward to listen to it very loud in the car on the way to work tomorrow.
    Good idea. Now because I could listen to it in the kitchen today the kids actually got their dinner on time Thank the gods for CD burners.
    TBSF, I've enjoyed all your posts on this topic so much, but this one is the cherry on the cake! You have a great sense of humour!

EF, I'm glad you got to see the video finally, and play that CD as loudly as you can, girl! I tried to play the video again a little earlier on the Yahoo Canada link, but it didn't want to play!

Quote Originally Posted by Perfect Little Sister
    Oh I'm sure if you get on his bad side he can be rather unpleasant. Think about that black look he's been known to give.
    PLS, I reckon we all have a rather unpleasant side when someone makes us angry - I know I do - so I think that's okay! I wouldn't want to get into his bad books, though, admittedly!

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower
    [ FP, what is that "hackneyed cliche" that you use for him? Excuse me, but I actually don't know what it is! Perhaps you can help me out to express myself here, because I'm at a loss for words. I'm just so in love I can barely see straight... And by the way, FP - yes, I can tell you're happy! You're usually so composed, and now you're gushing just like the rest of us! Carry on!

I love to see Glenn enjoy himself so much. In fact, they ALL look as if they're really deeply into the performance, which is such a treat to see. They're enjoying it as much as we are!
    'In Charge'.

I agree with what you say MF. Just for once I could not help but gush.

I wonder if Don and Glenn are playing up to their 'personas'? Don is the 'sensitive, introspective' one. Glenn is the 'exuberant, optimistic' one.
    Ah, yes, FP, "In Charge". Yes, I have noticed your use of that expression to describe Glenn . I have no qualms with you continuing to use it! It suits him!

You keep gushing, girl. I like it! And I'm sure Glenn will like it too (if he visits this Board! )

I've only seen the video once so far, but if I get to see it again (and Yahoo Canada plays along ), I'll pay more attention to Glenn and Don regarding your observations about their "personas". I did notice that Glenn was indeed exuberant. Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiigh...

Quote Originally Posted by The Bomber
    Great to see the Eagles in action again and kudos to them for doing a real video unlike Hole in the World. I agree that Frey looks to be having a great time but as for Henley... maybe he was having bad gas that day. Schmit is into it but Walsh is iffy. Sometimes he seems to be into it, other times he seems to be there-but-not-there.

Anyone else a little disappointed that the first single is a cover of a song that's 35 years old and not written by an Eagle?
    It is kind of strange that there are such different vibes going on from the band members, but PLS pointed out to me that perhaps Don felt obliged to look sad and depressed when singing about "doing time in a lonesome prison where the sun don't shine." As for Joe, I really don't see a point where he looks there-but-not-there.

Their first hit Take It Easy was mostly written by Jackson Browne, so it's not unheard of for the first single not to be a totally original Eagles tune. Admittedly, back then they were untried, but maybe releasing this as the first single has some sort of symbolic meaning. "How long" has it been since they released something, for instance. And it does give a "completing the circle" sense as well because they used to do this early on and here it comes back all these years later. Plus, it's a great song that showcases both Glenn and Don, making it more of an "Eagles" tune. Some of the others may sound more "solo with Eagles."

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border tbs fanatic's Avatar

Soda, you are so right on the money there. 'How Long' is catchy - a lot of people (not just Eagles fans) are going to like it, they are going to be able to sing along with it and it just sounds so 'vintage Eagles'. It was a perfect choice.

It is catchy. Grows on me more every time I hear it. Better the first single be a good cover than a mediocre original piece, right?

I would hope the originals wouldn't be mediocre though.

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

It's much nicer to be , and to , and to be , and to be with our passion for the man. So go on, girl, let's "...get a little out of control!"

Quote Originally Posted by EasyFeeling
    It's much nicer to be , and to , and to be , and to be with our passion for the man. So go on, girl, let's "...get a little out of control!"
    I'm glad you enjoyed that, EF!