Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021

Thread: BIG album news!!

Stuck on the Border

Glaring error: It's Don who sings the falsetto in FC, not Glenn (oh OK DF, I see your comment now but I'm leaving mine in).

This is OK by Rolling Stone's standards, but taking the above error into account, Glenn's songs are ignored. Apparently if you write songs about your children and relationships they are not 'important'. While I am used to this stale predictability it still disheartens me to think that critics think only Don's lyrics are worthy of examination. It is not as easy as people think to write more straightforward, emotional lyrics as Glenn does.

You can hear some clips again on Walmart.com! The ones I could hear were:

Busy Being Fabulous (a verse! I LOOOOOOOVE it!!!!)

What Do I Do With My Heart (gorgeous!)

I Don't Want To Hear Anymore (A little more upbeat for Timmy! Love it! I hope they don't get rid of I Can't Tell You Why for him though)

LROOE (still the beginning)

Last Good Time in Town (same clip)

(I keep listening to Busy Being Fabulous over and over again!)

Double post! Oops! I'm still listening to Busy Being fabulous though!

Thanks for the tip Maleah! I put it up on the front page!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Maleah
    I hope they don't get rid of I Can't Tell You Why for him though)
    I don't believe they will drop ICTYW as it was a hit off the Long Run album and is seen as an Eagles staple song. If they were were going to drop one of Tim's songs I would think IMO that it would be LWKUA. JMO of course

I figured the same TF, but when I saw that they didn't play it for the nokia show.......I panicked slightly

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Well - I just finished listening to Part 1 of the Capital Gold interview. It was awesome. I love all the songs. I know, I know - big shocker there! I recorded the interview in .wav file format - I never could figure out how to record it in mp3 even though I thought I had selected that option.

Edited to add: Anyway, the quality is not that great, so I'm hoping someone else managed to get better quality sound. If not, at least what I have is better than nothing. Anyway, they are playing the songs in order, so here's what they've played so far:

No More Walks in the Woods
    How Long
    Busy Being Fabulous
    I Don't Want to Hear Any More
    I Love To Watch A Woman Dance
    Somebody
    Guilty of the Crime

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

I recorded it as mp3 and I'm just emailing the file to Nancy. Guess it takes a while. Not sure about the quality because my PC speakers are not the best.
    I'm uploading the file to another site so everyone would be able to download it. But it still says... please wait.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Cool EF - Hope you got pretty good sound on yours. I can't figure out why mine are in .wav format. I don't know if the quality would be any better as mp3's or not. I'll wait until you upload yours, and see if it's better.

BTW - I just saw yours and Brooke's comments over in another thread. I was going to comment on each song, but I'll wait until you upload them and give others a chance to listen.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

I thought I'd post the People magazine review of the cd. They give it 3 out of 4 stars.

"It's been 28 years since the Eagles last released an album of new material, and now they've reemerged with a double disc (available only at their web site, Walmart and Sams Club) that makes it feel just like 1976. With their trademark harmonies and soft-rock style, they still have a breezy, ever-so-easy way with a pop song, making Eden glide by smoothly. The band twangs it up on country-flavored cuts like the first single "How Long," while also venturing into blues-rock ("Guilty of the Crime") and Steely Dan-esque jazz-pop ("Frail Grasp on the Big Picture"). The latter, one of Eden's topical tunes, shows that even though their sound may be stuck in the '70s, their social concerns are in the here and now

DOWNLOAD THIS: "Busy Being Fabulous," a witty, efortlessly cathy ditty."