Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: BIG album news!!

OK, I temporarily put them on my server for those of you who can't hear them:

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Thanks Soda.

Hmmmmm. That instrumental one......I can't imagine that coming from the Eagles, just from the clip!

I think I'll reserve judgement on all of them till I hear the whole thing!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Yeah - I can't get them on the Wal-mart site either. Thanks Soda for putting these up - and I think I have to reserve judgment, too. It is impossible for me judge a 10-minute song based on a 30-second instrumental clip. I wish they would put a clip up of I Dreamed There Was No War. I am anxious to hear if the recording sounds as beautiful as it did live.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Thanks Soda!

Let's see here...............

I liked Timmy's song. Kind of has a hint of a bluesy beat to it.

DON'T like the instrumental Arabian style music. Not a fan of that style at all and I'm REALLY hoping that the entire song isn't like that.

As I stated before, I like Joe's song as well. It does sound very Santana-ish so far.

The odd thing is, and it worries me a little, I can't really imagine any of these songs being performed live except How Long.

Quote Originally Posted by Maleah
    The odd thing is, and it worries me a little, I can't really imagine any of these songs being performed live except How Long.
    I hadn't thought of that, and you're right. I bet you "Guilty of the Crime" will be done live, though. Joe's done it live before. A 10-minute slow song like Long Road Out of Eden appears to be would be absolutely excruciating live, no matter how good it is.

Stuck on the Border

I haven't heard LROOE but there seems to be a lot of pre-judging here based on a) its length, b) you haven't heard any vocals c) it sounds Middle Eastern.

Give it a chance. I suspect that it will turn out to be one of the band's best ever songs and that they will perform it live. How could they not? It's the centrepiece of the album.

Edit: OK, I listened. You cannot judge LROOE on that. It reminds me of HC with a bit of Led Zeppelin's Kashmir thrown in. Again I say, kudos to them for trying something that sounds so different.

I'm so pleased to hear Tim sing something more uptempo. I liked what I heard. As for Joe's I wasn't so sure. Give it time.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower
    I haven't heard LROOE but there seems to be a lot of pre-judging here based on a) its length, b) you haven't heard any vocals c) it sounds Middle Eastern.

Give it a chance. I suspect that it will turn out to be one of the band's best ever songs and that they will perform it live. How could they not? It's the centrepiece of the album.

Edit: OK, I listened. You cannot judge LROOE on that. It reminds me of HC with a bit of Led Zeppelin's Kashmir thrown in. Again I say, kudos to them for trying something that sounds so different.

I'm so pleased to hear Tim sing something more uptempo. I liked what I heard. As for Joe's I wasn't so sure. Give it time.
    Oh, don't worry, I'll wait to make my judgment on its quality when I hear it in its entirety.

However, my estimation that it won't be performed live is not meant to be a quality judgment. It maybe be their "centerpiece," but they don't always perform the title track live. They didn't do so for On the Border. Get Over It, which was hyped as the big single for HFO, was dropped after the first leg.

IMHO, the chances are very slim that they will attempt that live for several considerations. 1) Its length is that of two songs, which means an extra song would have to be dropped to accommodate its addition, or one less new song 2) It appears to be instrumentally hard to recreate live 3) It's hard enough to interest concertgoers in new music; the last thing they want to hear is a 10-minute "ponderous" song. If a song is long in concert, it needs to rock - an extended guitar solo or something like that. Otherwise a third of your audience will take the opportunity to go to the bathroom or buy a beer.

If they do it live, I imagine it will be edited down and arranged differently to be more concert-friendly, and that it would probably be dropped before the tour is out.

I guess we'll see! I may very well be absolutely wrong!

THanks, interesting clips, no way to tell by such short clips if the song is good but theyre fun to listen to anyway.

Thank you SOOOO much for posting these, I haven't been able to hear any of them!

I'm not saying that LROOE won't be a good song, I expect it to be fabulous. I'm also not saying that I won't give it a chance, I'm excited to hear it! I'm glad the guys are branching out a bit too. However, it's a personal taste that I don't care for the style of music that it starts out with and I hope the entire song is not that way. I'm sure there will be some people who love it. It's only a personal opinion that I don't care for it. But I have no doubt that lyrically it will be fantastic.....probably one of the very best they've written!

*edited to add*
    On a side note, I don't expect the entire song to be that style. It sounds to me like what we're hearing is the beginning/intro. Kind of gives it a creepy HC feel to it, like you mentioned FP