Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: BIG album news!!

Stuck on the Border tbs fanatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maleah
    AHHAHAHAHHAHAHA! I did the same thing TBS!!! The same exact pack......cd/t-shirt/download and express shipping.....$52 or something like that ouch but worth it Not like I'll win the tickets to see the guys but.....hey....I can always dream of the day that God smiled on me
    Great Minds think alike - Ha! It was a lot of money but I figure the chances are probably slim that I will actually get to an Eagles concert next year so what the heck. Maybe we will win the tickets

I'm very chuffed that the new album is being released of course but it's a pity Joe only has two songs out of twenty according to his recent interview (thanks sodascouts for posting the article). Even worse, it appears one of them is 'Guilty of the Crime' which has already been released on the Robocop soundtrack in 1995, though I understand that the track list is not confirmed. 'Guilty of the Crime' is a good song but Joe fans want new material.

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tbs fanatic
    Maybe we will win the tickets
    You never know, TBS. Good luck to you all with that.

I wanted to let you guys know that if you haven't pre-ordered yet, do so through the official store and not Walmart. Walmart apparently takes up to a week to give you your free download of "How Long" whereas you can get it immediately from the Eagles store. Here's that URL: Pre-order Eagles album from official store

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border tbs fanatic's Avatar

Good info. Soda. What the heck is the problem with Wal-Mart????? Aren't they supposed to be promoting all this?????

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by JoeFan
    I'm very chuffed that the new album is being released of course but it's a pity Joe only has two songs out of twenty according to his recent interview (thanks sodascouts for posting the article). Even worse, it appears one of them is 'Guilty of the Crime' which has already been released on the Robocop soundtrack in 1995, though I understand that the track list is not confirmed. 'Guilty of the Crime' is a good song but Joe fans want new material.
    That sounds like In The City all over again. Did Joe write Guilty Of The Crime? That is a disappointment. I've never heard it though.

Joe didn't write it - it was written by J.L. Williams and F. Miller.

Here is the old Robocop song:

Guilty of the Crime

If they are indeed the same song, it will be interesting to see what changes have been made to "Eagle-ize" it.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Hello everybody, my name is Jack, nice to be here and talk about the new record. I'm real excited to see the Eagles in action again.

I read what JoeFan said though and I have to agree. I've heard Guilty of the Crime before too. Damn right it's disappointing if this is one of Walsh's only two songs. But he's not the only one. How Long is a cover of a song that's 35 years old and Frey is covering I Love to Watch a Woman Dance which is also several years old. That's just two examples. Looks like the Eagles are starting to lean heavily on outside writers. I hope I'm wrong but that's what it's looking like so far.

Welcome to The Border, Jack. It's great to have you here.

It does sound as if Joe has only two songs on the album, but perhaps he makes a contribution to some of the other songs, or maybe he only meant that he wrote two of the songs. I've never heard Guilty Of the Crime, so it will be new for me and probably for many Eagles fans, as will I Love To Watch A Woman Dance, which only those priveleged to have seen one of Glenn's recent solo shows will have heard. Personally I don't have a problem if they are using other writers' material, as they have done so right from the start - Peaceful Easy Feeling, Ol' 55 for instance - great songs and as much part of the unique Eagles sound as their own. I think there will be plenty of self-penned music in a double album - we've already heard about two pieces that Glenn has written, in addition to No More Cloudy Days, and that Don has 'excelled himself' on the title track!

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Quote Originally Posted by glenneaglesfan
    Welcome to The Border, Jack. It's great to have you here.

It does sound as if Joe has only two songs on the album, but perhaps he makes a contribution to some of the other songs, or maybe he only meant that he wrote two of the songs. I've never heard Guilty Of the Crime, so it will be new for me and probably for many Eagles fans, as will I Love To Watch A Woman Dance, which only those priveleged to have seen one of Glenn's recent solo shows will have heard. Personally I don't have a problem if they are using other writers' material, as they have done so right from the start - Peaceful Easy Feeling, Ol' 55 for instance - great songs and as much part of the unique Eagles sound as their own. I think there will be plenty of self-penned music in a double album - we've already heard about two pieces that Glenn has written, in addition to No More Cloudy Days, and that Don has 'excelled himself' on the title track!
    Welcome to the Border from me, too, Jack. I hope you will enjoy it here with us!

I must agree, however, with GEF's point of view here. I've also never heard "Guilty of the Crime" or "I Love To Watch A Woman Dance", and really look forward to hearing the songs. As for "How Long": it's never been released on an Eagles album until now, and if it had not been for the GFO download I had the privilege of accessing, I would not have known about the song, which I absolutely love. At least now it will also be on an official Eagles album, and it sounds even better than they did it in the '70s (of course, the live download version features the original members of the Eagles).

It's great when the boys write their own great material, but when they perform other writers' material as well as they do their own, it's an equal thrill for me. They are renowned as much for their unique sound as their songwriting, which includes their incomparable harmonies and virtuoso musicianship.

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down