Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: BIG album news!!

Welcome Jack!

I understand your concerns, but as GEF has pointed out, we've actually heard about just as many original songs as we have covers. And as MF said, we all love the Eagles as songwriters, but they're pretty darn good at covering something and making it their own. I don't think there's cause for concern just yet.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

ACK! My local dj just announced playing THIO and that "this guy" will be releasing the new album with the Eagles!!!!!

I've been hoping to hear the news locally! Finally!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border

I think though, that a valid point has been made about Guilty Of The Crime. I guess if Joe wanted to record it and the band agreed then, OK, that's it. He did sound very upbeat about his songs in that last interview. What I find strange is the exact similarity with the In The City situation (and this song is much older than In The City was), plus the fact that it is not self-written. It seems to me that after what happened with One Day At A Time (which now seems set to never be recorded by the Eagles) Joe is very wary of submitting original material.

Also despite people saying that cover versions are OK, we are now up to three. Any more and it will look ominous.

Agreed, Freypower. Let's hope it stops at three.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bomber
    Hello everybody, my name is Jack, nice to be here and talk about the new record. I'm real excited to see the Eagles in action again.
    Welcome from me too, Jack. It IS exciting to see the Eagles in action again. I know this song was written by J.D. Souther, but given his long-standing history with the band, that is perfectly all right with me. He is often referred to as the fifth Eagle, anyway. The song is catchy and well done, and I love it.

Thanks for the welcome everyone, I appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower
    I think though, that a valid point has been made about Guilty Of The Crime. I guess if Joe wanted to record it and the band agreed then, OK, that's it. He did sound very upbeat about his songs in that last interview. What I find strange is the exact similarity with the In The City situation (and this song is much older than In The City was), plus the fact that it is not self-written. It seems to me that after what happened with One Day At A Time (which now seems set to never be recorded by the Eagles) Joe is very wary of submitting original material.
    If that were true, it would be a shame, because One Day At A Time is far better than Fast Company, and Fast Company made it on to the CD unless it is one of the songs that is dropped. I realise I am biased but I find it astonishing that One Day At A Time was not listed when Hole in the World was, unless it is also one of the songs that is dropped.

Stuck on the Border

I wondered if anyone has noticed that the typeface of the band's name on the new album cover is the same as on The Long Run.

Stuck on the Border

And just thought I would mention that even the august BBC is getting into the act:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/6960712.stm

Hadn't noticed that. Good spot.