Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2014 Winter Olympics

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default Re: 2014 Winter Olympics

I like the skiing and some of the snow boarding. Also speed skating. I'll probably just watch bits and pieces if I'm bored elsewhere!

Glad to hear that Sage Kotsenberg got the gold in the slopestyle! USA!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I like sports too, but, TBH, the Olympics have never really appealed to me very much. I guess it is too long and drawn out for my liking. I just don't have the time, desire, or patience to follow along too closely.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Islander canuck View Post
    I will be watching. I find it intersting to watch the more obscure sports. On that note I am currently watching the Men's Snowboard Slopestyle final.
    I kind of like that too Ic...there is one sport...not sure what they call it...where they cross country ski...with a rifle...and periodically they stop and have to shoot at targets along the way...amazes me how they can calm their breathing enough to hold still and hit these targets...

and you will probably appreciate this...I like to watch the curling...because although I live right near the Canadian border...I never see curling much...and don't understand it...keep trying to figure it out!

and I always watch the coverage of it on the Canadian TV CBC because they show everything live...thanks Canada...

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

I like watching the Olympics & try to watch as much as possible. That being said I missed the opening ceremony last night. I'm helping a friend redecorate her living room so we were participating in my favorite sport -shopping! At least it was her money, not mine -LOL. I heard the opening ceremony was excellent!

My favorite sports are snowboarding, skiing & figure skating. I love the winter games since they are sports I have never done. Well except for ice skating & that was not so much ice skating as it was me walking on the ice wearing a pair of ice skates. I didn't fall so I thought I deserved a medal.

GO
    TEAM
    USA!

GOOD LUCK to all the athletes!!!!

I am pretty much an Olympics junkie just like my parents were before me. I grew up watching every minute I could of them every four years and later every two years. Needless to say, I will be watching the events as much as possible and I know even at work I will be checking results throughout the day. I just can help myself!

The figure skating is so freaking beautiful.

This one last night blew my mind when she did those staggering spins from 2:45 - 3:20. WOW!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBoLZP84F0o[/ame]

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

I'm enjoying the pairs figure skating right now. And I can't wait to see how Shaun White does. I have been avoiding the news today. I want it to be a surprise!

The Russian pairs skaters were magnificent. All the pairs were good, but they were flawless. They left me speechless!

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Baby View Post
    I'm enjoying the pairs figure skating right now. And I can't wait to see how Shaun White does. I have been avoiding the news today. I want it to be a surprise!
    It's a surprise alright...

Stuck on the Border

This story is typical of the way Australian athletes think everything should be given to them on a plate & how they whine when things don't go their way:

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/winter-o...211-32fyp.html

The course was the same for everybody.

I loved the Russian skaters too but as usual the TV coverage here leaves a lot to be desired. Obviously I can't watch it live as it's the middle of the night for me & the repeats have too many ads.