Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Seize the moment.....

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by EasyFeeling
    Quote Originally Posted by tbs fanatic
    That was excellent. The older you get (I'm 50 now ) the more you think about this sort of stuff. I've been thinking a lot about these sorts of things lately myself. I'd really like to do something dramatically different with my life but, of course, I'm still sitting here thinking that but I'm edging closer to getting off my butt and doing something.
    Me too but where to get the money to realize it? And I would need a lot of money. Not that I'm unhappy with my life, but still...
    That's me. To quote Mr Seger 'I Ain't Got No Money', otherwise I would have been on the plane with my mother in a couple of weeks heading for Europe. I appreciated the post, Brooke, but what can I do that I WANT to do? Unfortunately my options are very limited.

I'm supposed to be working already, but I'm doing something now that I WANT to do, and that is responding to your post, Brooke. Thank you for posting it, and THANK YOU for thinking of all of us as your friends. Reading that was very touching and thought-provoking.

I suppose I can still be considered relatively young (I'm 30), but I've been thinking about this sort of thing a lot lately myself, especially since I lost my mother last year. People take each other for granted, and are so busy thinking ahead that they forget to enjoy the present with the people they love. People actually make life difficult for themselves with the attitudes they take, and forget that each moment is precious. We could leave each other with angry words, and perhaps not ever see each other again. Anyone's life can be taken at any time, and we need to appreciate each other while we can.

I just want to take this opportunity to say how much I appreciate all of you, and how wonderful, caring and generous I think you all are. Thank God for Glenn Frey and the Eagles, as without them we might not have been introduced to each other.

It's my closest friend's 50th birthday today, and he has invited me to a small get-together tonight, to which I'm looking forward. It is occasions such as this that really make life worthwhile.

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

Brooke, thank you for posting that, and I have really appreciated everyone's contributions here. I know one of my main shortcomings is procrastination, and this has really got me thinking about things I should do as well as wany to do. It prompted me to ring a close friend last night, and we are going to meet up after work today - the sort of thing we should do much more often.

I am so grateful for the friendship this board has brought - you are all very special people. Thank you.

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by glenneaglesfan
    I am so grateful for the friendship this board has brought - you are all very special people. Thank you.
    What can I say? I totally agree.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Gef, I'm so glad you are meeting up with your friend. We wait so long to do those kinds of things sometimes.

My sister and I have been at odds with each other for several months and I'm thinking about trying to reconcile. Was it all really worth it? But, it's her fault. Why should I be the one to go to her? But, what if something bad does happen? Then how will I feel?

Much to ponder.

And yes, I enjoy all of you here immensely. I feel as if I really know you, but have never met any of you in person! And you are each one a friend. All because of the band we all love.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Brooke, who cares whose fault it was? The fact is she will always be your sister. All that matters is you love each other...you don't have to like everything the other does or always agree. Call your sister.

I agree with PLS. You all know one of my brothers died end of 2005. I couldn't prevent it but sometimes I think I should have done something. I know I couldn't do anything what keeps him away from the drugs. My mom tried everything but nothing worked.

A year ago I lost a very dear friend to cancer. I was sitting with him two nights before he passed and he said to me, "At least one good thing has come from this (his illness) my mom and my sister are talking again". It's sad that it took his death to make these women realize what's important in life. How many years of family gatherings might my friend have been able to enjoy his sister present if only one of these ladies had extended the olive branch? Every time my sister and I talk on the phone, we say "I love you". We weren't always as close. I don't want to have regrets. Life is too short.

I'm sorry for your pain EF. Let go of the guilt. You could not have done anything, so focus instead on the good memories.

These posts are all so touching to read. It really is amazing how good friendships can develop online between people of all different ages, all different locales... we start out with the common interest in the Eagles, but it becomes much more than that.

Brooke, I understand why you don't want to be the one to go to your sister when it's her fault. It's hard to forgive someone who hasn't asked for it, but sometimes to find peace we need to do that. I say, give it a shot.

EF, please don't blame yourself. Sometimes there really is nothing one can do to help someone who won't help themselves. I know it doesn't make it any easier to know that, but try to keep it in mind when you feel bad.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by SodaScouts
    Brooke, I understand why you don't want to be the one to go to your sister when it's her fault. It's hard to forgive someone who hasn't asked for it, but sometimes to find peace we need to do that. I say, give it a shot.
    Soda and PLS, you both are right.
    In the past I often wasn't willing to forgive but the older I get the more I'm ready to forgive.
    PLS, I'm sorry to hear about your friend.