Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New Orleans Arena, 2/23/14

Default Re: New Orleans Arena, 2/23/14

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I guess I must not be that advanced yet.
    Me neither.

For me thinking and contemplating is a fast way into a depression for me. The busier I keep myself and my mind stimulated, the less I dwell on things. For me there is no line between not thinking about things and obsessing and dwelling on them. The more distractions for my mind the better, lol.

Soda thanks for help with avatar. I think i got. Do you like it?

Out on the Border

I WAS ON THE 3RD LEVEL FOR THE CONCERT AND I WAS REALLY CONFUSED ABOUT PEOPLE ON THE FLOOR NOT DOING A WHOLE LOT OF MOVING AROUND, ESPECIALLY FOR THE SECOND HALF. THEN I REMEMBERED FROM REVIEWS ABOUT POLICEMAN,( OR WHOEVER THEY WERE) HIRED AT THE CONCERTS FOR " CROWD CONTROL" GIVE ME A BREAK, BUT I BELIEVE IT WAS REQUESTED BY THE BAND. I THINK HENLEY AND FREY WERE WORRIED ABOUT " US OLD FOLKS"( HA HA HA HA HA HA , CANT STOP LAUGHING!!) NOT BEING ABLE TO SEE,, WITH PEOPLE STANDING UP , DANCING, AND USING CELL PHONES. WELL, AS THE TOUR MOVES ALONG MAYBE THEY WILL LIGHTEN UP, AS THIS SEEMS TO BE A COMPLAINT ABOUT A LOT OF THE CONCERTS.. I KNOW THAT JOE WALSH WAS NOT IN HIS ELEMENT WITH THE CROWD NOT MOVING AROUND, LIKE FUN, HAPPY, CRAZY FANS!!! I HAVE BEEN TO OTHER CONCERTS IN NEW ORLEANS WHERE THE RULES WERE NOT THIS HARSH!!! ANYWAY I STILL LOVED THE SHOW!!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by new orlwans baby View Post
    I KNOW THAT JOE WALSH WAS NOT IN HIS ELEMENT WITH THE CROWD NOT MOVING AROUND, LIKE FUN, HAPPY, CRAZY FANS!!!
    Hopefully, they will tell Joe to use the 'hatcam' when people are up having a good time and dancing rather than when they are sitting, biting their nails! They may have to think this through...don't want to get pictures on the big screen of scared or sleeping fans!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by new orlwans baby View Post
    I WAS ON THE 3RD LEVEL FOR THE CONCERT AND I WAS REALLY CONFUSED ABOUT PEOPLE ON THE FLOOR NOT DOING A WHOLE LOT OF MOVING AROUND, ESPECIALLY FOR THE SECOND HALF. THEN I REMEMBERED FROM REVIEWS ABOUT POLICEMAN,( OR WHOEVER THEY WERE) HIRED AT THE CONCERTS FOR " CROWD CONTROL" GIVE ME A BREAK, BUT I BELIEVE IT WAS REQUESTED BY THE BAND. I THINK HENLEY AND FREY WERE WORRIED ABOUT " US OLD FOLKS"( HA HA HA HA HA HA , CANT STOP LAUGHING!!) NOT BEING ABLE TO SEE,, WITH PEOPLE STANDING UP , DANCING, AND USING CELL PHONES. WELL, AS THE TOUR MOVES ALONG MAYBE THEY WILL LIGHTEN UP, AS THIS SEEMS TO BE A COMPLAINT ABOUT A LOT OF THE CONCERTS.. I KNOW THAT JOE WALSH WAS NOT IN HIS ELEMENT WITH THE CROWD NOT MOVING AROUND, LIKE FUN, HAPPY, CRAZY FANS!!! I HAVE BEEN TO OTHER CONCERTS IN NEW ORLEANS WHERE THE RULES WERE NOT THIS HARSH!!! ANYWAY I STILL LOVED THE SHOW!!
    I hate to do this but could you plese take note of one of this board's netiquette guidelines:

1. Avoid using all caps when typing your posts. On the Internet, all caps has come to signify yelling, screaming, or anger.

Quote Originally Posted by TimFan222 View Post
    Soda thanks for help with avatar. I think i got. Do you like it?
    I do!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Soda-

Thanks for the incredibly in-depth review! I love reading all those little details. Hope the guys are feeling better soon and glad you had such a great time!

My seat was in Section D Floor and in the first part of the show, before intermission, an usher walked down a row several times to tell people to put away their phones. One of them knocked my jacket off the chair in front of me and onto the floor and then stepped on it! She did apologize. After intermission they chilled out some and allowed everyone to stand and move about.

I saw the Eagles in Las Vegas in March 2013 and as great a show as it was they played for less than 2 hours although there was no intermission. It was really good to see Timothy sing his two songs in New Orleans because he didn't sing solos in Vegas. Obviously his health is much improved or he would not be able to undertake the rigors of such a long tour!

I'm sad to keep reading about all these concert rules. When I go to a show I want to enjoy myself, and take some photos as a reminder of.

If the audience are under so many rules, keenly policed, that it spoils the atmosphere, then everybody loses out; the audience don't enjoy the show & the band gets less feedback.
    You may remember on the F1 dvd, one of the Eagles(was it Timothy?) saying that the audience are part of the show & they know it. Not anymore, it seems.

Here’s another review of the show:

http://www.glidemagazine.com/115412/...eans-la-22314/

I love what the reviewer says about Timothy:
    Timothy B. Schmit, who joined The Eagles when Meisner left in 1977, took his spot next to Leadon for “Peaceful Easy Feeling.” Retaining his long mane and slim physique, Schmit would lay down some nifty bass lines throughout the night. Watching him play live really brings home the fact that his bass foundation has been a much more integral part of the band’s sound than you may have realized. Not flashy by any means of the word, Schmit did playfully coax each section of the crowd to hoot and holler during the second half of the show when the lights came on so they could see everyone’s faces.