Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Philips Arena, Atlanta 2/24/14

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Default Re: Philips Arena, Atlanta 2/24/14

Sounds like a magical night PJ!! TBS & GF guitar picks - how AWESOME!!! Thanks for the review, you did a great job!

What an incredible experience, PJ! Thanks for sharing it with us. So freaking cool!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

oh PJ I keep re-reading your review...I have the goosebumps!!!...You are so lucky...sigh...

Out on the Border Cindi Ann Bliss's Avatar

I thought this review was so much better than the Houston one was. It's the kind of things I wanted to read about the guys... for those of us who can't attend a concert, this described what was happening and who was doing and singing what. And I totally agree with Don's comments...

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Hey, Cindi, I think you forgot to post the link, or else something went wrong. I'm so glad you had such a great time!! Yes, front row is a great experience. I have a feeling that if Don says 'possibly last time' at the concerts I'm going to I'll burst into tears...I'm betting, though, that he didn't say that in Vegas.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Out on the Border

Thanks for the kind comments on my review. There are so many other details that keep popping into my head. Also, my son sent me a few more pictures and two short videos he made during HC. They are short because even though we were told we could take all the pictures we wanted during the last 3 songs (no flash), they were stopping people they thought were making videos. They are actually better than the photos. The problem is I am completely stupid when it comes to posting to anything other than facebook, Apple makes that pretty easy.

Out on the Border

Hi. I have been reading here for a long time and really enjoy reading everyone's posts, especially those who have had much envied "personal contact!" I have never posted and am actually pretty much a techno-idiot - I do good to get an attachment posted to an email at work. I just thought i would add my 2 cents to what has already been posted about the concert Monday night. As everyone has said, the concert was fantastic and if it is truly the last time they will be here, it was a great way to go out! Glenn was very obviously struggling with feeling bad, though he gave it his all and still sounded great. He went through lots of tissue and I joked with my husband I'd like to get one of the ones he threw down on the stage so I could catch his cold even if I couldn't get anything signed or a pick from him. I was in the 11th row directly in front of Glenn but alas was not able to get close enough to catch his cold.

As others have said, security was out in full force and even in my seat 45 minutes before the show I was admonished for trying to text my son at home. And then again for trying to get a pic of an empty stage well before the concert started. I can go along with the "enjoy the show in the moment without any distractions" but really, that is a bit much. Don told us at the beginning that he would send a "telegram" when it was time to get up and Glenn let us know "our telegram has arrived" right before HT. Until then, we all dutifully remained in our seats. It really is kind of a weird vibe not to know if you are "allowed" to get up or not. Only one lady in front of us tried a couple of times but was asked to sit down. Like some others who have posted, I too saw them in 1979 and I had to laugh at the thought that there were probably many of the same people there Monday night that had been there in 1979, but oh how different it was. The guys and the audience. Not bad at all- just different!

I loved every minute of it - every song was fabulous and wish it could have gone on for 3 more hours at least. All the guys seemed to be happy and in good spirits despite not feeling great and it was so fun to experience this show. It is truly amazing that these guys still sound as good as they did in the '70's and I am so thankful that they are all still around and still playing for us. I don't have much more to add as PJ's review was spot on and her experience was much more "personal" than mine. I look forward to reading more from everyone else as the tour continues!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

PJ, great review! And what a night for you and your son! And Glenn spoke to you and sent you picks and Tim actually handed you picks?! How awesome! That's incredible! Memories!

Too funny about Glenn's 'Ted' joke! Oh my gosh!

And welcome to The Border!

sc, thanks for your thoughts too! I'm glad you had such a good time!

And welcome to The Border to you too!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Out on the Border

Here are a couple of very short videos of HC.

http://youtu.be/P9asdVoaQPM

http://youtu.be/zwhlIYIJ0I8

Well done!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten