Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: HISTORY OF THE EAGLES TOUR DVD??

Border Troubadour

Default Re: HISTORY OF THE EAGLES TOUR DVD??

Yeah, I don't so much mind over one or two nights at the same place (like F1 in Melbourne over three), but I would have problems getting into something like where Already Gone was filmed in Pittsburgh in July 2013, being followed immediately by Best of My Love filmed in Leeds in May 2014. It would feel a bit artificial if you know what I mean.

(Didn't Eagles Live come from about four or five? It has TITTL which would have been from two years earlier at the least.)

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by thelastresort View Post
    Yeah, I don't so much mind over one or two nights at the same place (like F1 in Melbourne over three), but I would have problems getting into something like where Already Gone was filmed in Pittsburgh in July 2013, being followed immediately by Best of My Love filmed in Leeds in May 2014. It would feel a bit artificial if you know what I mean.

(Didn't Eagles Live come from about four or five? It has TITTL which would have been from two years earlier at the least.)
    Yes; and TITTL & NKIT came from 1976, which I never understood. If you release a live album it should represent where you are now.

While I take Dreamer's point about them wearing the same clothes I would be against this approach being used for a DVD.

In any case, bad as this is going to sound, I have given up on it.

Well, they wore identical suits for two years and didn't do a DVD. I'm not going to base too much on their lack of variety regarding wardrobe choices. That said, I hope I'm wrong!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Yes; and TITTL & NKIT came from 1976, which I never understood. If you release a live album it should represent where you are now.

While I take Dreamer's point about them wearing the same clothes I would be against this approach being used for a DVD.

In any case, bad as this is going to sound, I have given up on it.

Why on earth have you given up on it?? The tour isn't even over yet.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    Why on earth have you given up on it?? The tour isn't even over yet.
    Because there has not been a hint, any suggestion at all, that there will be a DVD.

Because there has not been a hint, any suggestion at all, that there will be a DVD.
    Would they make a hint or suggestion while the tour is still going on and still selling tickets? Besides, it's only been 15 months since they released a DVD. Releasing them or even announcing them so close together would give the critics a field day.
    VK

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

There also has not been a hint, any suggestion at all, that there will not be a DVD. So, if you insist on drawing any conclusions at this point, you can just as easily choose to take the more positive view.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Border Troubadour

I also doubt they'd announce a DVD whilst still touring - it risks losing run of the mill fans who instead will just pay £20 for a DVD instead of £100+ for a ticket. If Frey and Henley really are as money-orientated as made out to be then surely they wouldn't turn down the potential five or six figures each they could make from a DVD - it is probably the ultimate Eagles show, more so than F1 or HFO was, stick in a couple of behind the scenes videos and interviews and they could probably quite legitimately charge a very considerable amount of money for it.

Quote Originally Posted by thelastresort View Post
    I also doubt they'd announce a DVD whilst still touring - it risks losing run of the mill fans who instead will just pay £20 for a DVD instead of £100+ for a ticket. If Frey and Henley really are as money-orientated as made out to be then surely they wouldn't turn down the potential five or six figures each they could make from a DVD - it is probably the ultimate Eagles show, more so than F1 or HFO was, stick in a couple of behind the scenes videos and interviews and they could probably quite legitimately charge a very considerable amount of money for it.
    Whatever reasons or combination thereof that actually get such a thing out and available for sale, I'm all for! I think I mentioned before, I would love it if they did like Zep did with Celebration Day, a DVD and audio CDs, so that I can listen on the long drives I make without having to illegally rip the audio from the DVD.
    VK

I try to keep my hopes high, but in many ways, it's safer to hope for little and be pleasantly surprised than hope for much and be disappointed.

Stevie Nicks actually went to the trouble and expense of filming a concert in Australia for the specific purpose of releasing it on a DVD. Not only did we have reason to hope, we thought it was in the bag. However, at the 11th hour, she junked the project when she didn't like how she looked. I couldn't help but notice that on the HOTE DVD, there was only one very brief clip of live footage post-Farewell 1, even when they were talking about the LROOE era. We all commented on it at the time and wondered about it. I think the guys have aged quite well, but they might be harder on themselves. Stevie certainly is; I have a bootleg of that show and she is gorgeous in it, yet she wasn't satisfied. As I said elsewhere, this also helps explain the hyper-vigilance about videos and photos that intensifies with every passing year.

Also, I remember having a very similar discussion a few years ago. Several asserted with confidence that the Eagles would make a DVD of the LROOE tour - some used the two years of wearing suits as "evidence" that the Eagles were surely filming the shows for the purposes of a DVD release - and just like this discussion, it was reasoned that they were filming the best performances from a variety of shows on the tour despite the fact that the Eagles themselves had never said they would be putting out a LROOE tour DVD. I desperately hoped the speculation was right... but all those hopes didn't make it materialize.

I'm not saying we should give up hope; however, I'm certainly not going to scold people who don't share that hope. We've been burned before. It's hardly surprising that some people are reluctant to enter into the same speculation again, much less declare another tour DVD which has never even been hinted at by the guys themselves to be highly likely and something we have every reason to expect.

Time will tell.

I will say that I am certainly hoping the optimists get the chance to say "I told you so!" How wonderful it would be to look back on this thread in a year's time and chuckle at my needless worries, right before I hit "play" on my HOTE live DVD.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten